Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[Provisioning Recipes] Use more ingredient types to flesh them out?

Dusk_Coven
Dusk_Coven
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
On the assumption that over time (and especially with Provisioner Hirelings), players accumulate a stupid amount of common Provisioning materials,
what if higher-tier recipes were "more detailed" with more ingredients, and correspondingly higher sale value to vendors.
For example, add more fruits to "Firsthold Fruit and Cheese Plate", because right now it's just Grape and Cheese Plate.

Maybe the number of common ingredient types could be as high as Recipe Improvement Level +/-2
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm going to hazard a guess here, but are you by any chance an ESO+ subscriber?

I'm not, and the one thing I can tell you is that without the Crafting Bag to use for storage, this suggestion would result in having to keep more different provisioning mats on hand or in my bank.

So I guess I just told ZOS they should totally do it if they want more people to subscribe due to frustrating inventory management?

Oops.

If it weren't for that frustrating aspect of inventory management, I think it would be kinda neat to see more detailed recipes!
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not, and the one thing I can tell you is that without the Crafting Bag to use for storage, this suggestion would result in having to keep more different provisioning mats on hand or in my bank.

Hmm this is true. Even though in the worst case you'd only have to occasionally keep the mats for the daily writ recipes, it would spread things out a lot and you might need a dedicated mule toon to hold even 1 stack of each that you needed.
    That said, with Brewer and Chef passives, you can make a crazy amount of food and if you had a stack of 100 of each writ required food, they'd literally last months before you needed to restock.
    Edited by Dusk_Coven on August 1, 2019 5:46AM
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dusk_Coven wrote: »

Hmm this is true. Even though in the worst case you'd only have to occasionally keep the mats for the daily writ recipes, it would spread things out a lot and you might need a dedicated mule toon to hold even 1 stack of each that you needed.
    That said, with Brewer and Chef passives, you can make a crazy amount of food and if you had a stack of 100 of each writ required food, they'd literally last months before you needed to restock.

Yeah, if we go with the idea of just crafting in massive batches, storage probably wouldnt be any worse than it is now!
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The recipes composition are fine as they are. There's no need to increase ingredients number so they could be more "complex".
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think it would be interesting to add additional ingredients to higher-tier provisioning recipes, but I agree it could mean that non-ESO plus members would probably have to add more ingredients to their pool of stored mats.
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on August 1, 2019 5:54PM
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Game at release/early release had really, really detailed recipes. With tiers. After a lot of discussions about how finding "au jus" instead of "broth" and how to keep all that stuff when you hadn't had time to get the gold to increase your inventory and bank space. People were actually happy about the revamping of the provisioning system.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/74278/provisioning-ingredients-quick-reference

• redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @JKorr Some just don't know how the struggle was in the v ranks days.
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    JKorr wrote: »

I'm not clear how this is relevant here. They've obviously revamped the system and you just look up recipes.
    I'm not recommending quite as many ingredients as some furnishing plans, just throw in a few more green ingredients that might be appropriate for the recipe in question.
    It's certainly pretty straightforward to figure out what you need just by going to the crafting station.
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    JKorr wrote: »

I'm not clear how this is relevant here. They've obviously revamped the system and you just look up recipes.
    I'm not recommending quite as many ingredients as some furnishing plans, just throw in a few more green ingredients that might be appropriate for the recipe in question.
    It's certainly pretty straightforward to figure out what you need just by going to the crafting station.

@Dusk_Coven It's relevant because the Provisioning System WAS the way your describe, at launch. It was a huge pain in the arse and horrible for ingredient management. Even with the crafting bag of today, I still wouldn't want to go back to having to find the right "red meat" for level 20, when all I have on-hand is CP810 "red meat". And no, just adding "salt" and "pepper" and other spices just means more trash in my bag.
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I still wouldn't want to go back to having to find the right "red meat" for level 20, when all I have on-hand is CP810 "red meat". And no, just adding "salt" and "pepper" and other spices just means more trash in my bag.

Nope, not what I'm talking about.

Example: Firsthold Fruit and Cheese plate
    Now: Jazbay Grapes, Cheese
    Change to: Jazbay Grapes, Cheese, Apple, Melon
    Edited by Dusk_Coven on August 5, 2019 5:02PM
  • Thorvik_Tyrson
    Thorvik_Tyrson
    ✭✭✭
    I still wouldn't want to go back to having to find the right "red meat" for level 20, when all I have on-hand is CP810 "red meat". And no, just adding "salt" and "pepper" and other spices just means more trash in my bag.

Nope, not what I'm talking about.

Example: Firsthold Fruit and Cheese plate
    Now: Jazbay Grapes, Cheese
    Change to: Jazbay Grapes, Cheese, Apple, Melon

I'm sorry, but I fail to see how it's different. @thatlaurachick said that all your doing is adding salt & pepper, and you say that its not the same as your saying apple & melon instead of salt & pepper. (Seems the same to me)

I understand from the Original post that your wanting a 4-ingredient recipe to vend for more to an NPC. Is that your end goal? to have crafted recipes with more ingredients sell to NPC's for more gold? Not better/higher buffs?

IMO, its not worth the effort for a little gold to make a change like that to the game. There are easier ways to make gold in the game than if end game food uses 2 or 4 items to craft. (with no other benefit)

• Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sorry, but I fail to see how it's different. @thatlaurachick said that all your doing is adding salt & pepper, and you say that its not the same as your saying apple & melon instead of salt & pepper. (Seems the same to me)

For one thing, right now we don't have salt or pepper.
    We also don't have to find the "right red meat".

Nowhere did I talk about an old mechanic or bringing back an old mechanic or adding new ingredients. People who want to change the subject or add features can make their own thread.
    Edited by Dusk_Coven on August 5, 2019 7:51PM
  • bmnoble
    bmnoble
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    On the assumption that over time (and especially with Provisioner Hirelings), players accumulate a stupid amount of common Provisioning materials,
    what if higher-tier recipes were "more detailed" with more ingredients, and correspondingly higher sale value to vendors.
    For example, add more fruits to "Firsthold Fruit and Cheese Plate", because right now it's just Grape and Cheese Plate.

Maybe the number of common ingredient types could be as high as Recipe Improvement Level +/-2

Don't really see a need for any changes, aside from the recipes we all use in are daily provisioning writs and are chosen handful of food and drink we make for are characters most recipes just, sit in are list of known recipes never to be used.

All changing the recipes will do is make it more of a pain for new and free to play players to level their provisioning skill, while not affecting the long term players you speak of that have large amounts of ingredients in their craft bags.

It could also result in those players holding onto extra mats, that would suddenly be needed in their daily writs or their chosen food or drink, instead of selling them on guild stores, that supply both new players looking to level the skill line and players that make and sell consumables to players who have no interest in hunting down the relevant recipes or leveling the provisioning skill line.