Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[Possible Spoiler] Titus Valerius and Buried Sands

Dusk_Coven
Dusk_Coven
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
"This is it. The tomb I spoke of. My tomb. A resting place of great honor granted to me by Tarish-Zi himself. You see, I am not of this time. Centuries ago, I sought to end the reign of the self-proclaimed emperor, Tarish-Zi, by working secretly from within his royal guard. The presence of this tomb means that I failed in my mission. Witness—my remains beside a royal seal. The seal is what we are seeking. It is one of the keys needed to enter Tarish-Zi's crypt." -- https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:The_Warrior's_Call

So is he in his tomb or not? Or what's there is just an effigy with his armor because he is presumed dead?
He talks like he got time-transported but he refers to the location as his tomb and there's some kind of body there.
Also he mentions plotting to undermine Taresh-Zi's rule, and the tomb indicates that he failed. Which seems to allude to both being caught at it and that he didn't know he failed until seeing the tomb? O.o
Edited by Dusk_Coven on August 5, 2019 1:39AM
  • Siohwenoeht
    Siohwenoeht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dusk_Coven wrote: »
    "This is it. The tomb I spoke of. My tomb. A resting place of great honor granted to me by Tarish-Zi himself. You see, I am not of this time. Centuries ago, I sought to end the reign of the self-proclaimed emperor, Tarish-Zi, by working secretly from within his royal guard. The presence of this tomb means that I failed in my mission. Witness—my remains beside a royal seal. The seal is what we are seeking. It is one of the keys needed to enter Tarish-Zi's crypt." -- https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:The_Warrior's_Call

So is he in his tomb or not? Or what's there is just an effigy with his armor because he is presumed dead?
    He talks like he got time-transported but he refers to the location as his tomb and there's some kind of body there.
    Also he mentions plotting to undermine Taresh-Zi's rule, and the tomb indicates that he failed. Which seems to allude to both being caught at it and that he didn't know he failed until seeing the tomb? O.o

The warrior brought him forward in time. So he is not dead yet in his time but is dead in time ESO takes place. The celestials can do some pretty crazy things.
    "It is a lovely language, but it takes a very long time saying anything in it, because we do not say anything in it, unless it is worth taking a long time to say, and to listen to." - Treebeard
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The warrior brought him forward in time. So he is not dead yet in his time but is dead in time ESO takes place. The celestials can do some pretty crazy things.

So a copy of him is brought forward? Or he gets put back?
  • Siohwenoeht
    Siohwenoeht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dusk_Coven wrote: »

So a copy of him is brought forward? Or he gets put back?

He's not a copy, it's actually him. The mind bending part of it is that he is brought forward to help us, only to return to his original time to fail, in order to help us in the future... But from the point of view of the celestial warrior, time is still a straight line.

He'd have no memory of being brought forward as well. If you recall, the longer he stays in our time, the more he forgets about his own time. It would work the same way once he returns to his own time, he'd lose the memory of ever being in our time.
    "It is a lovely language, but it takes a very long time saying anything in it, because we do not say anything in it, unless it is worth taking a long time to say, and to listen to." - Treebeard