The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Loading Profile Failed / Sony Account Required (Error) - PS4 US Region

Rumancek
Rumancek
✭✭✭
I was in-game just fine ten minutes ago. I restarted my console and was about to get back in-game with a friend and we both are getting the same errors - first is from ESO itself in the sidebar where characters normally would be listed:

LOADING PROFILE FAILED
You do not currently have network connectivity. This title requires a Sony Entertainment Network Account and a network connection.

And then the PS4 gives this error over top:

Cannot connect to server so network features for this application unavailable.

Both of us have active and working connections (we've tested them, power-cycled modems etc) and both have active PS+ accounts. It's not our ISP, we've looked into that. I searched for this same error and saw it was a problem back in June, so I'm guessing it's on ESO's end? I can't find anything posted about it [today] on any of the places I'd look normally: Reddit, Twitter, this forum or any server status issues.
Edited by Rumancek on August 3, 2019 11:25PM
"I do know one thing. You need to have trust and honesty. Without trust and honesty it won't work." -Friday Night Lights
CP: 873 | CURRENTLY: Slowly dipping my toes into PVP while helping my SO level her first few toons. (Edited 8/23/2023)
PLAYED SINCE: PC/Mac beta, then February 7, 2014 (PC) before moving to PS4 NA from July 28, 2015 where I’ve remained.

Ibiza Aldemir | Redguard Nightblade | Stamina DD | Daggerfall Covenant | Werewolf (OG MAIN)
Doe Snot | Wood Elf Necromancer | Stamina DD | Daggerfall Covenant | Mortal
Volodýmyr | Redguard Nightblade | Magicka DD | Daggerfall Covenant | Vampire (PVP MAIN)
Mjau Aldemir | High Elf Arcanist | Magicka DD | Daggerfall Covenant | Werewolf (PVE MAIN ALT)
Neekläus* | Breton Sorcerer | Magicka DD | Daggerfall Covenant | Vampire
Ste | Imperial Templar | Magicka DD/Healer | Daggerfall Covenant | Werewolf
Nae Jamie Fraser* | Breton Templar | Magicka DD/Healer | Daggerfall Covenant | Werewolf

*Yes, Jamie is an Outlander reference, and yes, Neekläus is a TVD/The Originals reference.