The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Help with a good allround stamina NB pvp build (non cp)

festher
festher
✭✭

So i thought i had something good going with 2x slimecraw, 5x Briarheart 5x spriggans but with barly 22k hp (in side BGs) 12k/10k resist and 1800 crit resist - i am... or atleast feel completly naked. Im sure some players use dodge, shade, cc, los for defense, but its terrible for me. I need a lot more defensive stats and hope some of you can help me with a more rounded build for a new stamblade with good resist and sustain rather than a glass canon. It dosent have to be BiS or flavor of the month at all and preferable craftable/guildstore set. Just something where i dont sit on my back bar spamming vigor/dodge and fear in panik all the time while some "noob" spam me down with 15x punctering sweep in 3 sec :smile:

i have looked on alchast, deltia and dottz pvp builds but i think they are for more advanced use and rather fragile imo. or atleast requier items i dont have an easy access to yet (asylum, master, specific monster set and so on)
  • Norivar1
    Norivar1
    Not saying this will work but im going to try it on my blade.

replace monster set with - https://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Mighty+Chudan+Set
  • Vermethys
    Vermethys
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't play StamNB anymore, but I had a fun build working for me last month. I don't remember the exact details, but it had 4.3k WD, 1.7k Stam Recovery, and 29k resistances in Medium Armor (5m 2h) with Minor Protection. Race was Orc with Serpent Mundus. It was a cloakless StamNB meant for BGs btw.

In BGs, it had roughly 22k health, 27k stamina, and 13k magicka.

Sets were 2xChudan (because I hated the Shadow passive), Shacklebreaker, and Seventh Legion (or Hunding's Rage). Dual Axes on the back bar, and S&B on the front. Jewelry were 2 Protective and 1 Robust I think -- 2 WD enchants and 1 Cost Reduction. Double-DoT or health leech poisons on front bar, and shock + absorb stamina glyphs on Dual Wield bar.

Front bar: Piercing Mark, Resolving Vigor, Dark Cloak, Power Extraction, Reverberating Bash (Ulti: Spell Wall).
    Back bar: Whirling Blades, Race Against Time, Leeching Strikes, Blood Craze, Merciless Resolve (Ulti: Dawnbreaker of Smiting)

Using 2h instead of Dual Wield would probably be better. You could then drop Power Extraction for Surprise Attack or Heroic Slash. Also you'd then have access to a good Gap-Closer and Execute. For duels I used to switch RAT for the melee shade, and switch to 5 piece Heavy Armor with Bloodspawn instead of Chudan. It was literally unkillable.

It was a decent build, but I disliked that Major Brutality was tied to landing a hit with Power Extraction and it had a hard time dealing with "Snipe Spammers" in no-CP. Major Defile uptime, Weapon Damage, mobility, and pressure were all fantastic. I know it's very different from typical StamNB builds, but brawler builds are what I enjoy :p ...And I kind of liked the "Dark Knight" theme.
    Edited by Vermethys on July 31, 2019 1:13PM
    PC EU CP1400+
    In-game Username: Vermilion98

Characters & Builds
    Edith Geonette [DC Imperial Sorcerer] (AR28)
    Gorgo Aendovius [AD Imperial Dragonknight] (AR28)

My Builds:
  • cHIIMEERa
    cHIIMEERa
    ✭✭✭
    Yo mate, you’re rocking 3 offensive sets right now. That’s why you’re lacking in the defensive department.

Spriggans is good! Just make sure to front bar it (2H and 3 jewelries for instance) as you dont really need the 5 piece on your bow bar. You can craft like a bow of deaths wind or adept rider for an extra 3000 resistance on your back bar.

Now, you need to decide weither you want a defensive 5 piece set or monster set. I would ditch briarheart right away as it’s not really optimised for pvp.

1 chudan + 1 pirate skeleton will give you an extra 30% mitigation, pairs well with shacklebreaker (make sure to use the undaunted passive with crafted sets) which gives you great stats across the board.

Or, you can be living la vida loca with fortified brass paired with an offensive monster set, kraagh is very underrated if you ask me, has the best 1 piece and the damage proc has high uptime and unavoidable damage as long as you’re in melee range.

Hope this helps man!

Good luck :)

Edited by cHIIMEERa on July 31, 2019 1:32PM
    “Good judgement is the result of experience and experience the result of bad judgement.” ― Mark Twain
  • festher
    festher
    ✭✭
    cHIIMEERa wrote: »
    Yo mate, you’re rocking 3 offensive sets right now. That’s why you’re lacking in the defensive department.

Spriggans is good! Just make sure to front bar it (2H and 3 jewelries for instance) as you dont really need the 5 piece on your bow bar. You can craft like a bow of deaths wind or adept rider for an extra 3000 resistance on your back bar.

Now, you need to decide weither you want a defensive 5 piece set or monster set. I would ditch briarheart right away as it’s not really optimised for pvp.

1 chudan + 1 pirate skeleton will give you an extra 30% mitigation, pairs well with shacklebreaker (make sure to use the undaunted passive with crafted sets) which gives you great stats across the board.

Or, you can be living la vida loca with fortified brass paired with an offensive monster set, kraagh is very underrated if you ask me, has the best 1 piece and the damage proc has high uptime and unavoidable damage as long as you’re in melee range.

Hope this helps man!

Thanks a lot. yea its too much dmg. Can you explain why i dont need 2 full set on the bow bar? isent it always better to have 2 full set + monster set. i do use several bow skills inlcluding bow-ulti
  • Nerftheforums
    Nerftheforums
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Hope this helps man!

5.2k resistances is 8% damage mitigation, definitely not 30%

(33000/50 = 660 > 5200/660 = 7.9%)
  • Nerftheforums
    Nerftheforums
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh btw, if you want to play medium be sure to have a good mag and stam sustain. If you get touched you are basically dead with how much damage there is in there. Playing glass cannon requires good movement, thus be sure to use your cloak, shade and dodge rolls perfectly
  • Bosov
    Bosov
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Hope this helps man!

Well done! Converted another player to the tank meta and made PvP even more boring!
    Xbox One - EU - GT : Bosov
    PC - EU - @Bosov91

ESO Highight :
    https://twitter.com/SlashLurk/status/895068339273310208

• InvictusApollo
    InvictusApollo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dear @Norivar1
    Norivar1 wrote: »

replace monster set with - https://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Mighty+Chudan+Set

Ha ha ha ha ha ha - sorry but don't even bother yourself trying this set. It is only usefull for builds that don't have enough bar space to slot sources of Major Ward and Major Resolve... which happen to be activated by Shadowy Disguise and Dark CLoak on stamblade - two morphs that are awesome for stamblades.
  • festher
    festher
    ✭✭
    Dear @Norivar1

Ha ha ha ha ha ha - sorry but don't even bother yourself trying this set. It is only usefull for builds that don't have enough bar space to slot sources of Major Ward and Major Resolve... which happen to be activated by Shadowy Disguise and Dark CLoak on stamblade - two morphs that are awesome for stamblades.

Dark Cloak only give minor protection right? and shadowy disguise only cloak?
    how does shadowy disguise and dark cloak activate Major Ward and Major Resolve
  • NuarBlack
    NuarBlack
    ✭✭✭✭
    festher wrote: »
    Dear @Norivar1

Dark Cloak only give minor protection right? and shadowy disguise only cloak?
    how does shadowy disguise and dark cloak activate Major Ward and Major Resolve

Shadow Passives. Any shadow skill grants them actually.
  • SKYICE01
    SKYICE01
    ✭✭✭

Hope this helps man!

Do you even understand the logic behind what you just said. Please learn the game before you talk.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Bosov wrote: »

Hope this helps man!

Well done! Converted another player to the tank meta and made PvP even more boring!

I don’t understand posts like this. With how much pen I run dude was basicly running around naked.

I mean, I’ve done 1vX against specs like this, is that what you mean, it’s boring if there aren’t potatoes to farm?

For the OP, ignore guys like this. Without defense you’ll never do well, and by ‘positioning’ people mean using your team as a shield.

Use a defensive set, front bar vigor, bam - you’re better then the majority of PvPers.
    Edited by Iskiab on August 3, 2019 4:10AM
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten