Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Can my characters some hotpants already?

• Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    KerinKor wrote: »
    Ogou wrote: »
    Stebarnz wrote: »
    There is always someone trying to distract ZOS from their current job focus of fixing the game with pointless crap!

Just choose don't show armour option.

An option to hide any armor piece would fix this issue, actually.

No thanks, given the juvenile nature of many of these kinds of request I don't want a world filled with this sort of trashy gear.

You say this as if it would be different from now, apart from having more/better options.

(thinking about the proliferation of sparkly mounts, guys in dresses, and people with full-body plate... in pink & lime green.)

People will always find a way to make "trashy" (/subjective) outfits. More options gives us more opportunities for good outfits.
    That's a comfort thing and please don't judge me bro.
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    KerinKor wrote: »
    There is always someone trying to distract ZOS from their current job focus of fixing the game with pointless crap!

An option to hide any armor piece would fix this issue, actually.

No thanks, given the juvenile nature of many of these kinds of request I don't want a world filled with this sort of trashy gear.

I rather see some half naked man or woman with the drunk personality, than some sparkling abomination that is glowing out of every orifice with armour dyed in the most eyehurting combination of neon pink, green and blue, I have ever seen.

Ah, reminds me of GiantsGiants in GTAO. Now there was a guy who could make your eyeballs bleed.
  • Eiagra
    Eiagra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd like to see individual "Hide component" options for every slot. As well as those darn hip-flappies. (Yes, I know they're called tassets.)
          In verity.
  • Sephyr
    Sephyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

1. Cosmetics are part of the game, as others have stated.
    2. There are several departments that work on different parts of the game. They don't all work together.
      • You have art and assets departments, which can also have sub-groups that work on different things (mounts, pets, armors, landscaping, motifs, 3d item models, texturing, particle effects)
      • You have a department dedicated to combat.
      • You have a department dedicated to quality testing (though that seems to be non-existent here).
      • You have a department dedicated to producing questing content.
      • You have a department dedicated to coding and infrastructure (IE Databasing and accessibility)

So that's a big no on the whole distraction from fixing the game argument. That's something that's already been slated as happening and there's nothing wrong with offering a suggestion.
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I support the idea of wearing hot pants.
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes. My goodies need to be on display
  • Stebarnz
    Stebarnz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sephyr wrote: »

1. Cosmetics are part of the game, as others have stated.
    2. There are several departments that work on different parts of the game. They don't all work together.
      • You have art and assets departments, which can also have sub-groups that work on different things (mounts, pets, armors, landscaping, motifs, 3d item models, texturing, particle effects)
      • You have a department dedicated to combat.
      • You have a department dedicated to quality testing (though that seems to be non-existent here).
      • You have a department dedicated to producing questing content.
      • You have a department dedicated to coding and infrastructure (IE Databasing and accessibility)

So that's a big no on the whole distraction from fixing the game argument. That's something that's already been slated as happening and there's nothing wrong with offering a suggestion.

ZOS are terrible at ALL aspects of managing this game, you need to have a look at how it REALLY runs!

Not your common sense way (which is how it should run), just have a look at how many different job titles people have had since launch and who actually wrote this game and where they are now.
  • bearbelly
    bearbelly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Totally different teams, Scooter, so chill the frak out.

• Zalicius
    Zalicius
    ✭✭✭
    Mysanne wrote: »
    Did you try the Nordic Bather's Towel ?

https://eso.mmo-fashion.com/nordic-bathers-towel/

That is definitely the single ugliest thing I've ever seen in the game. :D
  • Kuramas9tails
    Kuramas9tails
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want to see a zerg of naked players hiding their armor fighting to the death outside my castle.

Make this happen ZOS.

The amount of guild names would be endless and pure satisfying with this concept.
    Edited by Kuramas9tails on August 2, 2019 3:01PM
      Your friendly neighborhood crazy cat lady of ESO
      New PSN name: SundariTheLast. Proud seller in RedEye Empire, PURPLE GANG and Backalley Trading.
      AD High Elf Mageblade DPS (General)(Former Empress) -- Stormproof/VMOL, VHOF, VDSA completion
      AD Khajiit Mageblade DPS -- Flawless Conquerer
      FOR THE QUEEN!
      PS4/NA
    • Ye_Olde_Crowe
      Ye_Olde_Crowe
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      kaisernick wrote: »
      God no this isnt world of warcraft if you really want dress slutty then play wow.
      But this is the world in which TES II: Daggerfall will take place, where - depending on your Childguard settings - naked priests and priestesses of Dibella will be lounging pretty much everywhere ^^, and where your character (m or f) will be able to run around (and fight) in just their briefs if you so desire.
      I vividly remember my male Khajiit Daggerfall character's favorite clothes ... a loincloth, BDSMy straps and a hood... so I'm all for more boxers, janties etc. in ESO.
      Wouldn't be lore breaking, I assume.

PC EU.

=primarily PvH (Player vs. House)=
    • TheShadowScout
      TheShadowScout
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I want to see a zerg of naked players hiding their armor fighting to the death outside my castle.
      Ah, a fan of the Celts, huh?
      guerreros-galos-1.jpg
      But then, that is an -Terran- tradition, not one exactly found in Tamriel. Naked nords and barefoot bretons aside.
      Still, a great many people want more opportunity to show off their tatoos or warpaint, and there -are- regions where its rather hot, and it -would- make sense to have more armor styles that reflect this.

Sometimes I wish each armor style came in two versions - "summer" and "winter" version. But eh... I guess at this point, I can only wish they might make "similar" armor styles in such flavors. Like... "Dunmeri Slaver Armor" as lighter dunmer-style version for doing bad deeds in hot and humid argoinian swamps, or "Bosmer Winter Furs" for hunting expeditions to colder lands, or "Dibella Ceremonial Armor" for showing off maximum skin...
      Oh well. Might get all that in time, who knows?

Perhaps... even hotpants! ;)
    • zaria
      zaria
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      craybest wrote: »
      always the "people will abuse this because everyone is a child" nonsense.
      Indeed!
      But, just think of where this could lead, if people would play as dirty, drunk nord hobos...
      lDtdeRn.png
      Oh. OH!

Well, guess its too late now, so we might as well go for thieves in hotpants too!
      Hey, it worked for Lara Croft and numerous fantasy anime characters!
      the "bath towel", no it look like a dear ate your silk dress so you skinned it and wrapped it.
      Tree climber is nice, probably female so has an top for males.
      This one has fur and need on top, Argonians should not even have breasts outside of padding or plastic surgery.
      You could go in underwear,
      Grinding just make you go in circles.
      Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
    • TheShadowScout
      TheShadowScout
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      zaria wrote: »
      craybest wrote: »
      always the "people will abuse this because everyone is a child" nonsense.
      Indeed!
      But, just think of where this could lead, if people would play as dirty, drunk nord hobos...
      lDtdeRn.png
      Oh. OH!

Well, guess its too late now, so we might as well go for thieves in hotpants too!
      Hey, it worked for Lara Croft and numerous fantasy anime characters!
      the "bath towel", no it look like a dear ate your silk dress so you skinned it and wrapped it.
      Tree climber is nice, probably female so has an top for males.
      This one has fur and need on top, Argonians should not even have breasts outside of padding or plastic surgery.
      You could go in underwear,
      Not -my- character, I have a -little- more fashion sense for mine. But... it is a good showcase that has been posted on the forums before, so I dig it out whenever somepne complains that some new styles would lead to horrible character designs. Those are already here, so... no reason to decree any new ideas, yes?

As for the other suggestions... well, this one IS one of mine:
      6384100.jpg
      ...and my librarian boy always though it looked way better then those crudely tanned skins the nords keep trying to sell him for the winter ice plunge! :p;)
    • Androconium
      Androconium
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Light
      Argonian
      Thingies

They're not hot pants, butt more like lycra cycling shorts.
      They even drop on some armour.

Stop with the Nordic Bathing Bark. Beast races get the bike shorts on these underneath.

der.
      Edited by Androconium on August 2, 2019 10:48PM
    • BomblePants
      BomblePants
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I say just let him have his hot pants already.....
    • Stebarnz
      Stebarnz
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      bearbelly wrote: »

You clowns give ZOS too much credit as I said in my post above your quote.

Just check how many different job titles they have handed out to the same people and then have a look who actually wrote the game and where they are now.

Don't just assume they know what they are doing as it is very clear they don't! Also they don't GAF.

Adding a don't show armour option should be there anyway as it is there for the helm, that should sort with minimum fuss and distraction.
    • Ogou
      Ogou
      ✭✭✭✭✭

Just check how many different job titles they have handed out to the same people and then have a look who actually wrote the game and where they are now.

Don't just assume they know what they are doing as it is very clear they don't! Also they don't GAF.

Adding a don't show armour option should be there anyway as it is there for the helm, that should sort with minimum fuss and distraction.

So ZOS is both incompetent and DGAF. If that's true, then why do you still bother? Why do you even play their game then?
    • Stebarnz
      Stebarnz
      ✭✭✭✭✭

So ZOS is both incompetent and DGAF. If that's true, then why do you still bother? Why do you even play their game then?

Just waiting until a game I fancy comes along.

I have met some cool people on here I like to talk to.

There is still some stuff I can do that's fun with my peeps.

Don't try to white knight these turnips you sound silly! I have all the evidence which is the game itself and how it is managed.
    • Emma_Overload
      Emma_Overload
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Bring on the hot pants!
      #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
    • TheNightflame
      TheNightflame
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      medium argonian legs...
    • barney2525
      barney2525
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭

That only applies to the Head. I checked through the Outfitter. None of the other pieces can be hidden. All you can do is 'hide' the outfit slot so as to Show the Actual armor you are wearing.

So to 'Hide' a piece of armor, you have to give up a piece of gear.

Doesn't make much sense

:#
    • Hurbster
      Hurbster
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      jazsper77 wrote: »
      Wow- really need to get your FAP on in a fake game ? Im thinking of a word to describe players like this hmmmm starts with L and ends with r .

I'm thinking Laser.

Seriously, who cares if some peeps want their characters to look nice to them ?
      So they raised the floor and lowered the ceiling. Except the ceiling has spikes in it now and the floor is also lava.
    • Hazurko_RaShan
      Hazurko_RaShan
      ✭✭✭
      That is NOT Battle Gear!
    • ZOS_JesC
      ZOS_JesC
      admin
      Greetings, we've removed a handful of nonconstructive comments. This is a friendly reminder to remain on topic when posting.
      The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
      Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
      Staff Post
    • max_only
      max_only
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      2936.jpg?width=605&quality=85&auto=format&fit=max&s=d6f1ad9ae640923fe1781a15efe6e01a
      I’ve been trying to get this look for a while.
      It’s Angus Young from AC/DC if the pic doesn’t work, I’m on mobile
      #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
      #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
      || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
      ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
    • MartiniDaniels
      MartiniDaniels
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Yes. And there is nothing bad in it, since historically people wear short leg pieces in warm countries and we have a lot of warm zones in ESO.
    • jainiadral
      jainiadral
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      max_only wrote: »
      2936.jpg?width=605&quality=85&auto=format&fit=max&s=d6f1ad9ae640923fe1781a15efe6e01a
      I’ve been trying to get this look for a while.
      It’s Angus Young from AC/DC if the pic doesn’t work, I’m on mobile

Pepperidge Farm remembers the day those were normal/long shorts, not hot pants :D It's been so long since shorts stopped being "shorts" on men.

Thanks for reminding me to thumbs-up OP and to crank "Back in Black." Been way too long...
    • mateosalvaje
      mateosalvaje
      ✭✭✭✭
      I'd like more ankle length skirts please. We have Daedric (light only), Fang Lair, Psijic, Sapiarch, and... ... ... Are there any more?
      I've been wrong before, and I'll be wrong again.