Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Can my characters some hotpants already?

EvilAutoTech
EvilAutoTech
✭✭✭✭✭
I'd like an outfit style for legs that resembles very short shorts. Think boxer-briefs.

Here's the thing, many of my characters have full body tattoos or magnificent fur. I would like to be able to show that off without resorting to becoming a pantsless hippie. Also, I would like just a little more coverage than the underwear provides. The tier 1 Argonian guards would be alright (maybe a little long) if they had a decent texture and didn't interfere with how your character's lower legs and feet look.

Also, not all my characters look good in those short skirt costumes. Plus there's the annoyance of flashing your fellow keep defenders when repairing walls and doors.

It doesn't have to be just leg styles either. Chest, shoulder and waist styles could be given similar treatment to allow for maximum vitamin D production while remaining dressed.

So, how about it ZOS? Can we get some styles to show our glorious skins and tats?
  • Stebarnz
    Stebarnz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is always someone trying to distract ZOS from their current job focus of fixing the game with pointless crap!

Just choose don't show armour option.
  • Erelah
    Erelah
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stebarnz wrote: »
    There is always someone trying to distract ZOS from their current job focus of fixing the game with pointless crap!

I don't think they are worried about hide helm.
  • Austinseph1
    Austinseph1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ew no thanks.
  • Ogou
    Ogou
    ✭✭✭✭✭

An option to hide any armor piece would fix this issue, actually.
  • Skwor
    Skwor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Currently that option only exist for the helmet.
  • Itacira
    Itacira
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Cosmetics 👏Are 👏 Part 👏 Of 👏 The 👏 Game

PC/EU - PVE 2H stam orc petsorc (meta, what meta?) ww - terrible dps - mediocre player - fun times - free ww bites to whomever asks so don't be shy if interested
  • Girl_Number8
    Girl_Number8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No, your tattoos will fade in the sun.
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ogou wrote: »

No thanks, given the juvenile nature of many of these kinds of request I don't want a world filled with this sort of trashy gear.
  • Mysanne
    Mysanne
    ✭✭✭✭
    Did you try the Nordic Bather's Towel ?

https://eso.mmo-fashion.com/nordic-bathers-towel/
    Edited by Mysanne on July 31, 2019 7:03PM
  • BigBragg
    BigBragg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    KerinKor wrote: »

No thanks, given the juvenile nature of many of these kinds of request I don't want a world filled with this sort of trashy gear.

Judging people by their clothing, huh? Please tell me more about this juvenile nature.
  • Ogou
    Ogou
    ✭✭✭✭✭

People brought up similar issues when the nordic bath towel was announced, and then again when the outfit system was announced.
    I personally haven't seen that many people in skimpy outfits because of those 2 things, have you? How is this going to be any different?
    And, more importantly, even if everyone decided to go naked, why does it matter to you?
  • dcam86b14_ESO
    dcam86b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yes please and more vampire gothic themed outfits please
  • Kiralyn2000
    Kiralyn2000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You say this as if it would be different from now, apart from having more/better options.

(thinking about the proliferation of sparkly mounts, guys in dresses, and people with full-body plate... in pink & lime green.)

People will always find a way to make "trashy" (/subjective) outfits. More options gives us more opportunities for good outfits.
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd like an outfit style for legs that resembles very short shorts. Think boxer-briefs.
    Might have to wait until they pit Almalexias style in the outfit system... which they actually might someday, prolly as part of an anniversary event much like the companions original styles earlier this year...

But yeah, there could be some more styles that are showing a bit more skin to let people rock their tatoos, yet still be armor-ish.

I keep wondering why there is so little barbarian-style "armor plates strapped to bare skin" around... or various "gladiator" styles that do their most to show off glistening muscles and lots of skin (and in turn, also thise crowd-pleasing flesh wounds...)
    Now, why would they just add that when they get no extra profit from it?

If we were to talk about them selling "invisible armor" motiv on the other hand... as a collection or in some crown crates, where they could even make it varying rarity depending on , ehm... "exposure"...
    I reckon those would mostly be costumes and not outfits.
    Which totally would be an nifty addition as well!
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I rather see some half naked man or woman with the drunk personality, than some sparkling abomination that is glowing out of every orifice with armour dyed in the most eyehurting combination of neon pink, green and blue, I have ever seen.

People who want to make outfits that is trashy, eyesore, or whatever you want to call it, will always find a way to do so. That's how it is in MMOs and always will be.
    But giving people more options will also grant everyone else more ways to make outfits that you may find fantastic.
    Edited by NotaDaedraWorshipper on August 2, 2019 3:35PM
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • craybest
    craybest
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    always the "people will abuse this because everyone is a child" nonsense. short pants won't make a differnce if we already have huge norns in skimpy pink clothes.
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    craybest wrote: »
    always the "people will abuse this because everyone is a child" nonsense.
    Indeed!
    But, just think of where this could lead, if people would play as dirty, drunk nord hobos...
    lDtdeRn.png
    Oh. OH!

Well, guess its too late now, so we might as well go for thieves in hotpants too!
    Hey, it worked for Lara Croft and numerous fantasy anime characters!
  • CAB_Life
    CAB_Life
    Class Representative
    All we have are Nord bathing towels or those Argonian medium shorts! What’s a brah to do?
  • Stebarnz
    Stebarnz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought there was a don't show armour option but there isn't so I will support your don't show armour option wish.

After all don't show helm is done so other pieces should be done
  • Gnome_Saiyan
    Gnome_Saiyan
    ✭✭✭

This, please. I could make pauldrons go away...forever.

Roll your Self before you Role yourself
  • EvilAutoTech
    EvilAutoTech
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mysanne wrote: »
    Did you try the Nordic Bather's Towel ?

https://eso.mmo-fashion.com/nordic-bathers-towel/

My opinion is that it looks like a poorly applied diaper. It may help someone else though. Good on ya.
  • Skwor
    Skwor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

A bit prudish
    Edited by Skwor on July 31, 2019 10:09PM
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with the "I'd rather see naked men and women than fully armored but dyed neon pinks, golds, and purples with glowing orifice body skins" person.

Lets the skins and furs of Tamriel breathe. Free the nip. And let our milkshakes bring all the Dwarves to the yard.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • wishlist14
    wishlist14
    ✭✭✭✭✭

👻💀Yes please we need some gothic style costumes for our darker characters such as vampires
  • Androconium
    Androconium
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try the light argonian thingies.
  • Roxie5D
    Roxie5D
    ✭✭✭
    There's nothing wrong with wanting some smexi armor types in ESO. Heck, I've wanted that since I first started playing! <3 As long as they're not too overboard trashy like other MMOs of course.
  • Vlad9425
    Vlad9425
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The more options for customization the better, after all fashion is now quite a big and enjoyable part of the game. So far the best outfits to show off Tattoos are the Nordic Bather's towel and the 4 short skirt outfits but I'd definitely love to see more options for outfits.
  • Kynewynn
    Kynewynn
    ✭✭
    I agree that we need more outfits/costumes with the idea of showing more skin or fur in mind. Maybe it could be called Dibella's Date Night type of motif or even Sheogorath's Fun in the Sun.

• Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I don't care one way or the other about hotpants but vampire gothic themed outfits? Yes, please!!!
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • kaisernick
    kaisernick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    God no this isnt world of warcraft if you really want dress slutty then play wow.