Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What leash skills are available? [TANKING]

CMDR_Un1k0rn
CMDR_Un1k0rn
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
I think leash is the term? Pulling in enemies towards you I mean.

I know Dragonknight has one. Are there any non-class skills that function as a leash?
In-game username: Un1korn | Happy member of the PCNA UESP guild (Resident Daggerfall Covenant enjoyer) | Main & basically only character: Crucian Vulpin, Imperial Dragonknight of the Daggerfall Covenant, and Undaunted Bulwark (I tank) | If you know me from PCEU: No
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fighters guild silver leash morph of the skill i dont remember the name of (the first skill from fighter's guild).
    Necromancer major buffs has a morph that pulls things that attack him toward him
    Swarm mother monster set pulls enemies towards you.
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DK has Fiery Grip (and Unrelenting Grip morph).

Silver Leash (morph of Silver Bolts) from Fighters Guild also pulls enemies to you.

Warden has Frozen Gate (and morphs) which is a skill with different mechanics but very similar goal.
  • CMDR_Un1k0rn
    CMDR_Un1k0rn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thank you guys. I was asking this as I want to see my options if I don't go down the DK route.
    In-game username: Un1korn | Happy member of the PCNA UESP guild (Resident Daggerfall Covenant enjoyer) | Main & basically only character: Crucian Vulpin, Imperial Dragonknight of the Daggerfall Covenant, and Undaunted Bulwark (I tank) | If you know me from PCEU: No
  • ccfeeling
    ccfeeling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    3k stam a pull
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My DK actually uses the FG leash instead of the DK chains. Both work well and very similarly. The biggest diff is that the DK one uses mag while the FG one uses stam and it just works out better for my tank in balancing use of mag/stam. Some of the other skills we use eat quite a bit of mag so this just helps balance things out. Obviously, this can vary from tank to tank depending on your setup but does create a nice choice.
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • Suddwrath
    Suddwrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    These are all of the ways to get "leashes" or pulls for tanks:
    Dragonknight Unrelenting Grip
    Warden Frozen Gate
    Fighter's Guild Silver Leash
    Necromancer Beckoning Armor
    Swarm Mother monster set
  • msalvia
    msalvia
    ✭✭✭✭
    The only viable one if you're not DK is silver leash from FG. And it kinda sucks, which is a big reason why DK rules tanking.

Frozen Gate is super super awkward, and I've only seen it used effectively in PvP.
    Beckoning Armor is hot garbage. You can't pull what you want, and it even pulls enemies out of the aoe. Awful skill.
    Swarm Mother' main issue is opportunity cost--you could be using a much better monster set--and the pull is reactive--you can't just choose to pull something, you need to block a ranged attack for it to work.

So the TLDR is basically, if you're not a DK, you NEED silver leash from FG and to invest much more in stam recovery so you can keep the pulls going.
  • Nefas
    Nefas
    Class Representative
    msalvia wrote: »
    The only viable one if you're not DK is silver leash from FG. And it kinda sucks, which is a big reason why DK rules tanking.

Frozen Gate is super super awkward, and I've only seen it used effectively in PvP.
    Beckoning Armor is hot garbage. You can't pull what you want, and it even pulls enemies out of the aoe. Awful skill.
    Swarm Mother' main issue is opportunity cost--you could be using a much better monster set--and the pull is reactive--you can't just choose to pull something, you need to block a ranged attack for it to work.

Pretty much it basically ^
  • CreepyPahuska
    CreepyPahuska
    ✭✭✭
    As a long time non-DK tank, my main grab ability has been Swarm Mother since the day that set was created. It's certainly not as easy to use as the standard grab such as Silver Leash or DK Chain, but it's more or less passives, has a very short cooldown, doesn't cost any ressources. When you get used to it it's a very interesting set. Now, if you use swarm mother you must have another monster set to use in situations that don't require a grab.
    So far there are two situations where I'd rather use Silver Leash than Swarm Mother : vDSA & vBRP
    Creepy Pahuska
    Magicka Sorcerer Tank
    Daggerfall Covenant
    My Build - OUTDATED
    My Channel
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a long time non-DK tank, my main grab ability has been Swarm Mother since the day that set was created. It's certainly not as easy to use as the standard grab such as Silver Leash or DK Chain, but it's more or less passives, has a very short cooldown, doesn't cost any ressources. When you get used to it it's a very interesting set. Now, if you use swarm mother you must have another monster set to use in situations that don't require a grab.
    So far there are two situations where I'd rather use Silver Leash than Swarm Mother : vDSA & vBRP

i would remove swarm mother in vFV hm too, if a sphere attacks you by mistake it cant be knocked down
    @CreepyPahuska
    Also hi 👋
    Edited by zvavi on August 1, 2019 11:47AM
  • Hexvaldr
    Hexvaldr
    ✭✭✭
    Portals can be very good, particularly with practice and experience. One of my fav uses is to place them preemptively before adds spawn or to lay portals on group members so that if a mob aggros them, it self corrects. Adjusting camera vertical position helps a lot in aiming. I used to use silver leash exclusively but now use portals.
  • CreepyPahuska
    CreepyPahuska
    ✭✭✭
    zvavi wrote: »

i would remove swarm mother in vFV hm too, if a sphere attacks you by mistake it cant be knocked down
    @CreepyPahuska
    Also hi 👋

👋
    True about vFV HM, that could create quite a mess ^^
    However, in my opinion, vFV HM is one of those "situations that don't require a grab". I'd simply use something else, like lord warden
    Creepy Pahuska
    Magicka Sorcerer Tank
    Daggerfall Covenant
    My Build - OUTDATED
    My Channel