Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Talking about vampire revamp - how about

Nemesis7884
Nemesis7884
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
thinking a bit bigger - a dawnguard dlc / storyline with

- A Dawnguard skill line (including som crossbow action!)
- Expansion of the Vampire skill line
- Expansion of Skyrim area with the vampire castle, dawnguard fortress etc....
- Dawnguard motif (make the dawnguard bow look like a crossbow please)
- Vampire motif

YES OR YES??
ps: that dawnguard cosplay - WOW

DziRiV5WsAIF8Ny.jpg:large

b135f0274060b539cf1e046a081f0f44.jpg

warhammer witch hunter (caues they look badass cmon)
wub4i45n7t5a.jpg

VampireRoyalArmor_female.png

latest?cb=20120824100441

Malus Darkblade (Warhammer)
latest?cb=20150404172204&path-prefix=es

manfred
latest?cb=20150724201838

blood knight
2879003e621c6b19657b6786a27ae95e.jpg

• Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • ZoeZio
    ZoeZio
    ✭✭✭
    That's a great idea! A lot of players are werewolves and vampires, so give them more storytelling and more interesting skills.
  • Matthew_Galvanus
    Matthew_Galvanus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In before the naysayers who show up on every single thread about changing vamp and whine about how its "so op" because of its resource regen passive and that you cannot ever change it.
  • Saelent
    Saelent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the ideas!!! I’m always up for collecting more motifs.

By the way, what about turning the draining ability into another DoT like what they’re turning Entropy into? Rather than the channelled ability it is I mean.
    Short lasting still, but at least you aren’t tied up with casting it and then getting stepped on. Would be great for a DoT build then.
    Edited by Saelent on July 31, 2019 2:36PM
  • ZoeZio
    ZoeZio
    ✭✭✭
    But everybody can be a vampire. And a lot of people don't want to be a vamp, because they find them ugly. So it's their problem. And of course the vampire and werewolves guilds lines must be balanced well. Mh, maybe this is the problem?
    Edited by ZoeZio on July 31, 2019 2:42PM
  • Noxavian
    Noxavian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

- Vampire motif

YES OR YES??
    ps: that dawnguard cosplay - WOW

DziRiV5WsAIF8Ny.jpg:large

b135f0274060b539cf1e046a081f0f44.jpg

warhammer witch hunter (caues they look badass cmon)
    wub4i45n7t5a.jpg

VampireRoyalArmor_female.png

latest?cb=20120824100441

Malus Darkblade (Warhammer)
    latest?cb=20150404172204&path-prefix=es

manfred
    latest?cb=20150724201838

blood knight
    2879003e621c6b19657b6786a27ae95e.jpg

Anyone who doesn't like this idea doesn't know quality if it'd hit them in the face. ESO is severely lacking vampire/werewolf/hunter content despite it being possibly one of the most popular things back in Skyrim. A ton of people would absolutely love this and I'd even go as far as to say it'd be their best expansion sales wise.

Many people are ignorant to the fact that one of ESO's secret selling points is that it's the ONLY MMO that lets players be vampires/werewolves. If the devs were to take more advantage of this and give us players even more options/more in depth skill lines it'd be amazing.
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Not really sure if they want to go there, considering how they turned the fighters guild line in the completely opposite direction, removing extra "anti-vampire" functions after pitiful wails from cyrodils vampires...

Still, a "Monster Hunter" skill line that takes both dawnguard and silver dawn abilities, together with some others... might be worth thinking about. Would be an interesting choice - slot an ability that is suboptimal against everything -except- the specific monster (vampire/werewolf/daedra/skeletal undead/animated corpse) it excels at, making it a drawback for all fights - unless you fight the exact type. Things like "throw silver nitrate solution" - massive damage against lycantropes, mere annoyance to others. Or those "corpse decay" arrows we see in malabel tor that one time. Or "holy water" that only vampires need to fear. Or whatever else they might come up with!

Other things to think about might be vampire- and werewolf-specific poisons... coat your weapons with silver nitrate or some holy water mixture, possibly some other stuff against other specific types of opponents... same mechanic, no extra damage against other enemies, massive extra damage against the specific type...
    Ehhhh... while I would like to see some vampire revamps, I am less thinking of expansions to the skill line per se, but more... introducing more "classic cliché" mechanics. But I said it before:
    Yeah, there is a lot that could and perhaps should be done to revamp those bloodsucking fiends!

Foremost is the justice system interactions... Necromancing is illegal so we have a mechanic for this... it would only make sense is simply being a vampire would also get the guards riled up, yes? So, make all vampire skills a "criminal act" and also add a "vampire detection chance" per stage, say, 20% at 1, 40% at 2, 80% at 3 and auto at 4, with a "kill on sight" bounty if they find out you're a bloodsucking fiend as the guards come after you with stake and torch, cannot use vendors who would just screech and cower in fear at the "monster" (remember how people reacted to vampires in those rivenspire questings!), etc...
    ...but also add a "masquerade" skill to toggle that will lower your appearance and thus detection chance by one stage while active - at the cost of one skill slot (meaning, zero chance and completely mortal looking when using that one at stage 1) - just like Count Verandis Ravenwatch obviously is using during the first meeting in Shornhelm!

And also, I would love to see a lot more of the good old vampire clichés brought into ESO vampirism, to make these characters more feel like the classics rather then "just another PC with an extra skill line"...

I would love to see vampires also have a chance of auto-attacking innocents when on stage four. Just a "overwhelming bloodthirst" thing if blood-starved... makes sense, yes? Or perhaps add a "stage five" where this happens, as sign that your vampire has their blood thirst drow for too long and is actually starving now, perhaps with some hefty penalties as well to make it impossible for people to just "park their vampire at S-4" to gain the game benefits without some effort to keep them there or risk sliding into the "bad end" stage...

I would love to see some reason for vampires to shy away from "running water" - it could be a annoyingly reduced swimming speed, or a steady, massive magica drain while swimming... hey, it IS a classic, is it not?

I would love to see a "charm" skill or passive, to allow them to nibble at civilians without it being all crime-ish (as long as noone else sees it, of course). That one -could- also be useful as CC in combat to momentarily daze opponents (although, in most myths this "dominating gaze" only really works if the victim looks deep into the vampires eyes, not exactly something combat-useful...)

I would love to see the vampire feeding to not just -stun- but also damage! In days of blade of woe, it could at least suck away half their victims HP, right? Also, while talking about that... is it not annoying that those two are on the same trigger, and sometimes you use the wrong one if the mob you target moves half a step at the wrong time? Why not combine them both into a "Bite of Woe" that counts for both feedings and assassinations?

I would love to see player vampires use the same skills like common bloodfiends! That shadowy teleport! Definitely should be added to their arsenal, wouldn't you think? Also, bloodfiends... why are those lowly creatures attacking their vampiric superiors? Should they not know their place and realize that this is not a meal, but another undead, and maybe all be "yellow" non-aggro towards player vamps?

I would love to see vampires get a special mount that is -only- useable by characters that are vampires, with some sort of "bat swarm transformation" visuals...

I would love to see vampires stop geting food buff benefits... I mean, should they not be incapable of those, yet get "recently fed" buffs instead? And possibly have the option of making special "vampire" drink recipes with -actual blood- as part of the recipe that gives vampires only special buffs?

I would love to see vampires get a way to store blood in alchemically treated vials for "later use" when feeding at "full" (to sip later for better stage control, or to use in the aforementioned recipes)?

I would love to see vampires have an "vampire sanctuary" where they can gather and sociualize with other vampy players, have vampire-themed gear & furniture vendors, and vampire-themed crafting stations, vampire-themed daily quests (like, "sneak into this nobles home and put the bite towards their nubile daughter to teach them not to mess with the rulers of the night..." or "go into that dwelve and ambush the vampire hunter somewhere in it" or "bring this gift to the vampire lord that lives in this place..." - randomly selected and all over the maps!) and pomme-se-sang NPCs to snack on... they -could- redo and expand the map for the initiation quest for that one, could they not?
    Yeah, it would make a good place for this, would it not? Except... that this -might- be a tad too similar to skyrims "Dawnguard" expansion, yes? I mean, been there, done that, right? Still, vampires are everywhere, so they could just as well put such an expansion elsewhere.
    Yeah for dawnguard motiv!
    Nay to the "make that bow look like a crossbow" - I really, really want crossbowness for ALL crafting styles!
    But I said that before: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/371862/additional-weapon-skill-ideas-mk-ii/p1 ;)
    - Vampire motif
    Definitely! Possibly even several, for the various clans!
  • labambao
    labambao
    ✭✭✭✭
    Too much warhammer, but I like it.
    Also, add pls red horses that would ride twice faster then others
    Edited by labambao on July 31, 2019 8:07PM
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    labambao wrote: »
    Too much warhammer, but I like it.
    Also, add pls red horses that would ride twice faster then others
    How about we give orcs a movement penalty of 5% unless they ride a red mount instead? (the power of self-suggestion is strong with this one!) :p;):trollface:
  • Mrsinister2
    Mrsinister2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heard there reforming the dawngaurd, vampire hunters or something, in the old fort near riften I might join up.
  • godagarah5000
    godagarah5000
    ✭✭✭
    "Dragons breathing fire in the sky. Vampires brazenly attacking people on the street. It's the end of the world I tell you."
  • godagarah5000
    godagarah5000
    ✭✭✭
    the dawnguard did form originally around the time of the events eso took place so it wouldn't be too far fetched
  • PoseidonEvil
    PoseidonEvil
    ✭✭✭
    oh now I like that idea!!
    In-game ID: alchelvly
    Phixeon Maghi -- Breton Healer
    Harrow the Souleater -- Breton Necro Healer
    Krogyle dro-Smoketh -- Orc Stamdk
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If ZOS gets permission from Bethesda, we could get a prequel to Dawnguard and seal Serana away from her father. If you consider the prophecy Harkon received, he might get pretty excited about what's happening in Elsweyr right now.
    "Among the night's children, a dread lord will rise. In an age of strife, when dragons return to the realm of men, darkness will mingle with light and the night and day will be as one."

The timing of Serana's imprisonment has been very confusing as she made a strange remark about not knowing that Cyrodiil is the seat of an Empire. Luckily it was confirmed out of game that Serana was imprisoned in the late 2nd Era. It's not out of the question that this could happen in ESO's time despite ESO being relatively early in the 2nd Era. It doesn't add any further contradiction either as the only affected line of original dialogue would be the same:
    Her wondering that Cyrodiil is the seat of an empire, doesn't make sense for the 2nd Era as even then people remember the Empire of old and sometimes even try to reestablish it. And it couldn't have been before the Ayleid Empire because then Serana should have been a lot more confused about the existence of Darkelfs and the disappearance of the Dwemer, which she clearly already knew about.
    Edited by Ratzkifal on August 1, 2019 3:23AM
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_91jK1aAeY&t=8s

for some reason i cant copy a video url at 0 time - im sorry - the recent youtube update has basically fd up everything...i dont know whats going on

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ve0qushESe0
    Edited by Nemesis7884 on August 1, 2019 3:41AM