The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Battleground daily reward outfit pages

preedb16_ESO2
preedb16_ESO2
✭✭✭
So I have been doing daily BGs with many of my characters almost daily since summerset came out. I have sofar only gotten 13 Fanged Worm pages and 14 Horned Dragon pages, out of a total of 34 for each motif.
Yesterday I did daily BG with all 8 characters and got.. 0 pages!
Oh boy is this going to be fun to try and collect the 3 new BG outfits that will probably have an even lower drop chance unless you finish 1st place..?
Increase the drop rate a bit maybe, and also give it a small chance to drop pages from BG even in non-daily reward? So people who don't have 8-14 characters to run the daily with might stand a chance of getting the pages..
I am estimating that if I keep this up with doing the BG dailys with an average of 4 characters/day, it will take me another 4 months to complete the two current outfit motifs.. Not really worth the time/effort if you ask me.. :( But the last few days I have done them with 8 characters and gotten like 3 pages in 3-4 days(~24 daily boxes)..
And there is no alternative option to get them since they can't be traded/sold.. At least they don't seem to be dropping doubles of pages you already have, that would be horrible LOL
  • preedb16_ESO2
    preedb16_ESO2
    ✭✭✭
    Ok, so I just heard this alarming thing about the outfit pages from BGs.. In my first post I commended the fact that you can't get doubles of pages you already have, but apparently you do, its just that if it rolls a page you already have, it's simply removed and not replaced by one you don't have.. This explains alot, why it has seemed like the drop rate has decreased the more pages I have gotten.. This is also going to make it near impossible to finish collecting these outfits..
    I'm sure someone could do the math, but let's say you have a 25% chance of getting a page in a daily BG reward box, it can roll a page you already have(and thus you get nothing)..
    How many days of opening 8 of these boxes/day would it theoretically take to gather all 68 unique pages?
    Probably a couple of years..?
    Wow.. So bad Zenimax :(
    Edited by preedb16_ESO2 on July 16, 2018 9:43AM
  • Ulo
    Ulo
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wow, if that’s true it explains a lot. The drop rate seemed kinda reasonable at first but now that I’ve got a dozen or so of the motifs the drop rate seems much lower. Also dooms my chances of actually finishing the styles any time soon.
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    As far as im concerned these pages don't exist. I know every motif and would like to know every "style page" but the grind just isnt feasible. Especially as i really only pvp on 1 character now because i actually want to rank up. The pages just arent worth the grind.
  • Marabornwingrion
    Marabornwingrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    These motifs shouldn't be BoP.
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Astrid_V wrote: »
    These motifs shouldn't be BoP.

These style pages have a low drop rate that diminishes over time (due to the handling of duplicates), are BoP, and cost gold to use. It's a trifecta of dumb planning and execution.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are other forum threads about how atrocious the drop rate is on these motifs.

I’ve pretty much ignored them too ... since they are really “variants” of other known styles.

Hopefully, the drop rate on the new Battlegrounds outfit styles won’t be quite as bad when Wolfhunter debuts.
  • Arbit
    Arbit
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wondered why I was getting so many before and only got 1/8 yesterday... that’s explains a lot and really sucks...
    Argonian Master Race
  • Arbit
    Arbit
    ✭✭✭✭
    woot 1/7 motifs from my characters today so far...
    Edited by Arbit on July 17, 2018 1:53AM
    Argonian Master Race
  • Arbit
    Arbit
    ✭✭✭✭
    fix the ******* drop rate zos. I give up on these pages, I hate pvp and the drop rate is atrocious.
    Argonian Master Race
  • preedb16_ESO2
    preedb16_ESO2
    ✭✭✭
    I opened another bunch of pages now, and I am now at 15 boxes opened in a row with 0 pages :(
    And I only have 13 Fanged Worm and 14 Horned Dragon, so not even half, and its this bad :(
    Edited by preedb16_ESO2 on July 17, 2018 8:47PM
  • Arbit
    Arbit
    ✭✭✭✭
    0/8 today.... feels bad man. All I want is that damn hat and I can be done with this ******* rng.
    Argonian Master Race
  • lostcloud
    lostcloud
    ✭✭✭
    I was wondering if there might be the case with the drop rate seemed fine to start with but I now have just over half of them and running 6 characters a day is now yielding 1 motif every second day, if I am lucky. If it does simply not reward a motif page because you already have it and not one you don't have that is quite simply lazy on Zos's behalf.

Come on AOC then I can leave this game behind.
    Nocturnal (AD AvA Oceanic guild, still kicking after 5 years) Formed in 1999 DAoC Beta now in our 21st year.
  • ThorinOakenshield86
    Playing BG with 10 chars each day since they released these outfits. Have only 5 pages left and I can't get a single one for weeks. Seems impossible to get them all, unless you are a blessed by the God lucker and wasting your badass luck in a video game. This drop rate is nonsense, in fact they drop only from purple boxes. Please, increase their drop rate or just make it possible to get them from renown the rewards too, so we can focus on pvp chars only. Not all my chars are pvp and it's pain to play with pve chars, especially when 70 percent of the time I play with other pve players in my group, or lowbies below 160 CP. That's other thing you must think about - why BG is separated between below 50 lvl chars and CP, but not separated between below 160 CP players and above? A lot of them have low lvl gears and they can just ruin your game.
  • kind_hero
    kind_hero
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any update on this?

I am playing BGs almost every day, and I get no worm/dragon pages anymore, even though I miss several pages.

I think adding some BG tokens like the medals you get would be fine to get these pages, or something like a million AP for one.

I really like the staff model, but I have almost no chance on getting it because of how drops work

Since the devs made a change with how Undaunted shoulders can be aquired, I think something similar could be done with these style pages as well.
    [PC/EU] Tamriel Hero, Stormproof, Grand Master Crafter