Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Magcro Parses?

Zalathorm
Zalathorm
✭✭✭✭
How are magcros parsing this week on PTS?

I'm wondering if the new dots and potential gear combinations (elemental succession?) might bring magcros up on the mag dps list

Edited by Zalathorm on July 31, 2019 3:58PM
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Elemental succession either bugged or the patch notes are wrong, on the pts right now, it is a 4 second proc with a 5 second cool down, meaning the best up time will be 80% but realistically it is ~65%.

Also, blast bones and the skeletal arcanist do not proc the set. So you are left with one/two skill per element, fire wall, mystic siphon, boneyard and maybe destructive reach to proc the spell damage, with fire getting light attacks of course. The set is not great.

As for magcers DPS, there really hasn't been much change, I have seen one parse, and it was 91k DPS, here it is-

https://youtu.be/7Ht-16YqazY
    Edited by Lightspeedflashb14_ESO on July 31, 2019 4:51PM
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Someone mentioned 93k but I didn’t see the video. I usually wait for Liko to parse stuff for definitive numbers, that guy’s the parse master in my eyes.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • jypcy
    jypcy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »
    Someone mentioned 93k but I didn’t see the video. I usually wait for Liko to parse stuff for definitive numbers, that guy’s the parse master in my eyes.

bukq26y89hy3.png

I saw this image the other week. I don’t think anything that would greatly affect these numbers has been changed since then, and perhaps more practice has yielded higher results since. I saw someone mention a 97k magcro parse, although I haven’t seen images/videos of anything of that magnitude.
  • LiquidPony
    LiquidPony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    dZrcpGq.png

From Liko, posted in TRE.
  • DKMaestro
    DKMaestro
    ✭✭✭
    jypcy wrote: »

bukq26y89hy3.png

I saw this image the other week. I don’t think anything that would greatly affect these numbers has been changed since then, and perhaps more practice has yielded higher results since. I saw someone mention a 97k magcro parse, although I haven’t seen images/videos of anything of that magnitude.

Why do people care about these numbers that you will NEVER achieve in a group setting anyway. I mean, who is running Ghastly Eye Bowl, unless doing a parse?
    Old man playing. Have a life, a job and only one character, which is grumpy (all the time)
  • Jodynn
    Jodynn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DKMaestro wrote: »

bukq26y89hy3.png

Why do people care about these numbers that you will NEVER achieve in a group setting anyway. I mean, who is running Ghastly Eye Bowl, unless doing a parse?

When do you parse from 21k nonstop?

It's to simulate what it would be like with recovery between mechanics and such, like vCR+3 during z'maja port I have enough healing dots on me to use spell sym between dot casting while she's porting and then continue smacking things.

It's what can you do on average with your rotation.
    Jodynn PC NA
    PvE and PvP MagDK
    The lack of communication from ZOS to player speaks volumes.
  • LiquidPony
    LiquidPony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

bukq26y89hy3.png

Uh, people do actually hit these numbers in raid, though?

Perhaps you hadn't noticed, but there does not exist a real fight in the game where you DPS for 3-4 minutes straight on a single target and are responsible for doing 21m damage. You're responsible for that much damage on Yolo HM in vSS, but you have Cataclysm phase where you can easily regenerate resources by getting off a few heavy attacks on the Iron Atronach.

People use regen food because it allows you to replicate the rotation you do in real fights for the whole duration of the dummy parse. If the raid dummy was something more reasonable like 10-12m HP, it might be sensible to argue that people should parse it using the same food they use in raid. But that's not the case.

Also, some builds do in fact use Lavafoot Soup and Saltrice and Ghastly Eye Bowl in raid. Almost every stamnecro uses regen food in raid.

I mean, let's be real here, the best players in the game look to raid dummy parses to establish target DPS numbers for all builds. And yet, every time they're posted, the same tired arguments show up trying to dismiss them. It's a bunch of nonsense.
    Edited by LiquidPony on July 31, 2019 6:35PM
  • Zalathorm
    Zalathorm
    ✭✭✭✭
    People constantly misunderstand the purpose of these parse tests.

It is NOT to see what a class can do in a raid (although there are some fights where these numbers are doable).

It IS a test that levels the playing field between all classes, so they can be compared to each other (equal buffs, debuffs, etc).

It IS a test to see the maximum ceiling for dps in ideal situations.

Every raider then makes any neccessary adjustments to maintain the highest possible dps in a raid, while being able to perform mechanics and not die, which may include changing gear, skills, food, CP, etc.
    Edited by Zalathorm on July 31, 2019 6:58PM
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I get about 30k with mine wearing False God/ Scathing Mage/ Iceheart. It went up to 50K on the trial dummy. Took forever.
  • Runefang
    Runefang
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

bukq26y89hy3.png

On top of everybody else's comments above higher numbers than trial dummy numbers can be achieved in trials with the right group on certain fights.