The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Update on the Champion Point system?

Suddwrath
Suddwrath
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
@ZOS_BrianWheeler @ZOS_RobGarrett @ZOS_Gilliam @ZOS_RichLambert

Is there a plan in the works on what to do with the Champion Point system going forward? Will it receive an audit the same way that the skills are currently going through? If there is a plan, will it be something that we'll see sooner than later?
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They are looking at it.
    They will tell us what they decide if and when they are ready to
    Beta tester November 2013
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope the only reason we haven't heard news about the rework so far is that it will be part of the Q4 update, which otherwise looks really lackluster right now (Dragonhold doesn't even have a Mini-Trial or Arena like CWC/Murkmire did).
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • Suddwrath
    Suddwrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Katahdin wrote: »
    They are looking at it.
    They will tell us what they decide if and when they are ready to

Their last update informed us that they weren't actually looking at it, but that it was simply put on hold. So I would be curious to see if anything has changed since then and if they are now actively looking at it or if they plan on waiting until the skill and passive audits are finished.
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No point rushing them the champion point system is big and will take time patience 🙂
  • Odovacar
    Odovacar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Everyone will be in the 1k club before anything is announced, lmao. I think after the ability audits, etc are fully analyzed they will release their plans. I'd expect something around the beginning of Q1 2020.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty much like the other change they have been making this year we might get a heads up just before it hits PTS.

I would not expect anything else as it is probably just rough drafts at best now and very much subject to change. One thing Zos has learned is it is best not to share any information early as it comes back to bite them in the nether region.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Hi all, we're still planning to re-evaluate the Champion Point system at some point in the future, but have no updates at this time.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good, the system needs to be reworked
    Edited by Aliyavana on July 31, 2019 3:32PM
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi all, we're still planning to re-evaluate the Champion Point system at some point in the future, but have no updates at this time.

Sounds like you haven't even started to look at. "Some point in the future"? Can you narrow down to which year?

• React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol. "The CP System is essentially destroying any semblance of balance PVP had, and is making the TTK so ridiculously high that low skill players can easily become flat out unkillable versus high skill players. That being said, we probably won't rework it for at least a year, maybe two".

That's how "we plan on updating it at some point, but have no updates at this time" reads.
    @ReactSlower - PC/NA - 2000+ CP
    React Faster - XB/NA - 1500+ CP
    Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally I think the Champion Point system is awesome and offers players a lot to work for after hitting L50. The catchup mechanic is excellent for new players too. The only concern for me is the potential for more server (performance) impact when there are a lot of players interacting, with many of the passives unlocked, i.e. PvP and to some extent trials.
  • Shantu
    Shantu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I really hope you take a close look at it, are not prone to knee-jerk reactionism, and not view it disparagingly through the lens of PVP. It's been argued the power creep it offers is much more helpful to the vast majority of players than the purposed advantage it offers to the elitists few.
  • Ajax_22
    Ajax_22
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ackwalan wrote: »

Sounds like you haven't even started to look at. "Some point in the future"? Can you narrow down to which year?

They'll probably start on it next year. The ability audit should finish in either Q4 of this year or Q1 next year. Since the same team is responsible for both things the Champion Point system won't even be looked at until the audit is done.
  • aaylas
    aaylas
    ✭✭✭
    Shantu wrote: »

I really hope you take a close look at it, are not prone to knee-jerk reactionism, and not view it disparagingly through the lens of PVP. It's been argued the power creep it offers is much more helpful to the vast majority of players than the purposed advantage it offers to the elitists few.

The people that want CP changed will continue to get beat down in PVP and they will just blame their general lack of skill on some other game mechanic after the developer guts CP.

The PVE players begging for CP changes will continue to watch Hodor videos and conclude that the game is too easy because of CP. They will continue to not have the TTT title but generally be unaffected while they complete various fetch quests and work on housing.

End game raiders will adapt, but generally find the game less enjoyable. The CP system replaced the crappy VR system and is generally well liked as is. The game is 5 years old and successful because the systems in place are good. It is pretty arrogant to think that overhauling a combat system that is pretty well liked will result in something better.
  • Rungar
    Rungar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if i had to rate eso on its weaknesses i would say the combat system is the weakest component followed by the guild traders.

The champion system is actually pretty good compared to those two. Weaving and guild traders are inherently anti player which is likely why ffix is an inferior game but has maybe 4 times the subs.

It's 0.0666 of a second to midnight.

Rungar's Mystical Emporium
  • charley222
    charley222
    ✭✭✭✭
    for me the Champion Point system is limited but dont cause the major issue in term of balance , so this is a good news they dont prioritize time on this right now
    the wall of the covenant
  • MyKillv2.0
    MyKillv2.0
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have always thought that the CP rework system would possibly be the "new feature" of the next chapter. Whatever. Just a hunch.

Faulgor wrote: »
    I hope the only reason we haven't heard news about the rework so far is that it will be part of the Q4 update, which otherwise looks really lackluster right now (Dragonhold doesn't even have a Mini-Trial or Arena like CWC/Murkmire did).

Just because we haven't heard anything about anything does not mean that it will not happen. In fact, I feel confident that something will be included in the Q4 DLC outside of the story content. With the changes to healing, I wonder if we are not getting the 2 man trial that Rich has hinted about for so long.
    Edited by MyKillv2.0 on July 31, 2019 8:18PM