The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Class for solo player

benoit_mmob16_ESO
What class would you recommend for a solo player?

Stamina or Magika

So far I'm looking at Sorcerer and Necro

Thank you
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I really like my magplar for solo play. She does decent damage, has good self-heals, and good sustain. I can solo all overland content and many pledge dungeons.
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • Luigi_Vampa
    Luigi_Vampa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Stam Sorc and Mag Sorc are both excellent solo. Great self healing, mobility and damage. I haven't played much Necro yet, but I main a Stam Sorc and solo a lot.
    PC/EU DC
  • Runefang
    Runefang
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Magplar & Magblade have spammables that heal. I feel like that's all you need in a good solo class, you can use one skill to beat the entire game outside dungeons, trials and pvp.
  • lukoi
    lukoi
    ✭✭✭
    You get an attribute respec scroll as you level up and its bound to the character so it cannot be shared across the account.

Id start mag until you can unlock vigor, then use the scroll to respec yourself to a stam based character. I feel for pure soloing, stam based tend to have the most flexibility (but take it with a grain of salt, Im no expert).

I can solo world bosses, dolmen etc with my stamblade ands only now a little over halfway to max CP.
  • Thorvik_Tyrson
    Thorvik_Tyrson
    ✭✭✭
    Hippie4927 wrote: »
    I really like my magplar for solo play. She does decent damage, has good self-heals, and good sustain. I can solo all overland content and many pledge dungeons.

I second the Magplar as a good solo class for Overland/Public Dungeons. The Templar has a lot of AOE skills in its class kit.

I'm still a noob ESO player (CP 230) and I have not had a good experience with my STAM classes. I think I have not figured out how to play the STAM skills, or unlocked the skills needed for playing the STAM builds.
  • Luigi_Vampa
    Luigi_Vampa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hippie4927 wrote: »

I second the Magplar as a good solo class for Overland/Public Dungeons. The Templar has a lot of AOE skills in its class kit.

I'm still a noob ESO player (CP 230) and I have not had a good experience with my STAM classes. I think I have not figured out how to play the STAM skills, or unlocked the skills needed for playing the STAM builds.

Crit Surge on a Stam Sorc plus the occasional vigor is all you really need for anything solo. Take the brawler morph in two handed to be tanky. You'll only have to avoid one shots with that really.
    PC/EU DC
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Play what you will enjoy all the classes are good in the right hands. As someone that has mained stamblade and magblade since 2015 when I started I’d recommend stamblade and magblade there both really strong and a lot of fun to play 🙂
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Play what you will enjoy all the classes are good in the right hands.

This^

I survive better on my stam templar than my mag sorcerer because I know it better. Best way to get to know your class' solo capability, tricks, and nuances is vMA.
  • KappaKid83
    KappaKid83
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mag Sorc has really nice sustain/healing/damage. You can use Power Surge for a heal or use Matriarch for heals and slot more damage, a lot of options really. It is what I use and really like it.
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Historically, Magic Sorc has been the obvious answer. If you are talking about soling delves, public dungeons, and world bosses, it just doesnt matter, as any can do it. If you are talking about soloing content designed for 4 people or places like VMA, mag sorc is currently the best option for most of the player-base. Every time I have seen a video where I go, holy "#$^&#@ someone soloed that?" It's always been a mag (pet) sorc. They have good passive heals, big shields, and your pets can do a lot of the work for you.

All that said, no f'ing clue how true this will be next patch. Pets and Shields are both taking a hit.
    Edited by Oreyn_Bearclaw on July 26, 2019 7:28PM
  • SirLeeMinion
    SirLeeMinion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pet-Sorc and Werewolf have been the two best sub-classes for soloing difficult content (i.e. vet non-DLC dungeons, vMA, normal DLC dungeons) this past year. Both are taking significant nerfs with update 23, and it seems unlikely that either will good for this play-style in the foreseeable future. At the moment, I don't see what will fulfill that role once the update drops... maybe stamblade (?), but the required skill level will be higher.
  • Ecfigies
    Ecfigies
    ✭✭✭
    Stamina NB or Magicka Sorc.

Stamina NB If you've knowledge already with the game, it's a pretty rewarding playstyle in PvP and PvE it's usually the same as the rest of stamina class.

Magicka Sorc if you don't have much knowledge yet, it's easier and you can make more mistakes in PvP, for PvE it's pretty good as well because of pets and shields it gives great survivability for solo content, but unfortunately it's getting nerfed, if you're looking for the highest DPS, the stamina version it's better for PvE only.

Both choices are decent if you have time and a lot of patience to learn.
  • Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamina Sorcerer or Staminancer have been my favorites so far
  • woufff
    woufff
    ✭✭✭✭
    Playing a RG stamblade for years with a lot of fun, soloing all I can including most of the public dungeons.

Now starting a cute little Woodelf based on below build, it feels like great fun already B)

https://alcasthq.com/eso-stamina-necromancer-bow-build-pve/

PC/EU&NA - Redguard Nightblade - Grand Master Crafter - Explorer of Tamriel & Skyrim - Playing Starfield (and awaiting TES VI ^^)
  • Varaug_Gaming
    Varaug_Gaming
    ✭✭✭
    choose the class you think looks the coolest / is the coolest

in eso every class is independent
  • msalvia
    msalvia
    ✭✭✭✭
    I agree with others who said that every class is cool and fun for solo.

Here are some reasons I would choose each class for solo. Hopefully this helps you figure out what you want to do in-game!

Magsorc--easy to play and master, pets make you less lonely, excellent defense, self heals, and aoe damage
    Stamsorc--same as above minus pets. There's just honestly not a lot unique in the stamsorc toolbox--you'll use 2-4 class skills tops if you pick stamsorc.

Stamplar--super fun, has some cool abilities, not my fav though since it lacks a lot of utility/bad heals (assuming you don't have vigor; its main heal remembrance only works with corpses around).
    Magplar--total "all around" class-awesome heals, awesome dps. Very solid choice, and the main downside is poor mobility.

Magden--Re-roll, except for pvp or healers. Arguably the worse class in game. Frost magic sucks if you aren't a tank, but sure, it can be fun in some kind of RP / "I need a challenge" kinda way.
    Stamden--See comments for magsorc, but harder to master and less aoe/more direct damage. I personally love stamden, but many people find it clunky, perhaps because of the fairly chaotic/non-static rotation.

StamDK--totally fine, tanky, not much that makes this stand out as a good solo class--except being really hard to kill, at least, but that's rarely an issue in solo.
    MagDK--I have a soft spot for pyromancers, but can be a bit boring in solo play. That said, I know I'm weird, but I have the easiest time in vMA on a magDK.

Magblade--Super fun thief style of play, the only class that can basically stay invisible forever (via cloak), not super competitive in groups (Which is largely why I mainly use my magblade for solo)
    Stamblade-Boss dps spec, but a bit of a glass cannon (without vigor or gear considerations at least). Would be a fairly difficult solo class for a new player.

Stamcro--Kinda the objective "best choice" in a lot of ways--highest dps ceiling in game, (kinda) has pets), fun skills that are hard to master but still ok if you're still learning the class. Plus if you even get to group/endgame stuff (assuming they don't nerf stamcro by then) you're already in the best spec.
    Magcro--Haven't played enough of this yet to comment, but my level 22 seems pretty fun, though perhaps not super competitive.
  • TheNightflame
    TheNightflame
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    magplar, puncturing sweeps can carry you through everything, alternatively any stam using the masters 2 hander and brawler
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Get a mag sorc.

Get undo.

Keep spamming it until to get to 1.6 or 1.7 when solo was an option.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • Dubhliam
    Dubhliam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is nothing a sorc can't solo.
    The self heals are just over the top.

I personally prefer stamsorc over magsorc, but either one will do the trick.

I just did nFV solo this morning on a stamsorc on PTS to test the Avalanche telegraphs and I had a blast.
    >>>Detailed Justice System Concept thread<<<
  • buttaface
    buttaface
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since their trend is obviously homogenizing the classes, and this is almost certainly going to continue and increase, I'd suggest picking whatever class you like the visual effects of the most. It's that simple in the emerging world of uniclass ESO.

More important than class will be leveling the guild skill lines... that they will be selling in the Crown Store ;) Those are getting buffed this patch in big ways, and many will be buffed more IMO in subsequent patches. You can get any, and I mean -any- utility that a class currently has that makes it "unique" from those lines.

All that said, if you see yourself doing any serious thieving, pickpocketing on that character, NB cloak will probably not be distributed to other classes in the same way that its Fear is in the upcoming patch. So if you want the option of stealth gameplay, NB is probably a better choice.

Other than that, healing, tanking, DPS? yeah, handwriting is on the wall, pick whatever class based on which graphics attached to its skills you like the best. Sad but true.
  • Gariele
    Gariele
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MagPlar is so user friendly and great for casual solo play. Blockade/sweeps is all you really need. But if you look to go vMA MagSorc/PetSorc definitely the easiest imo. MagBlade is one that can solo play and transition into vMA easy enough.
    PC/EU
    Winter Rose Autumn Rose Summer Rose Pacific Rose Midnight Rose
    RoseESO Discord
    RoseESO Website
  • mocap
    mocap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    magplar was new players friendly since 2014 and still do it well, tx to Puncturing Sweeps.
    pet sorc definitely very close too

• vesselwiththepestle
    vesselwiththepestle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mag Warden is pretty good to solo stuff, too and it is often ignored or forgotten, because they do so bad as high end dps in group content. Group DPS don't matter for a solo player. You have good heals and you've got good buffs for soloing. It's easy to play, but not boring. VMA was a breeze on Magden.

For Stamina I'd go StamSorc. Missing Major Fracture might be a downside, but the combination of Surge + Vigor offers lots of heal over time.
    1000+ CP
    PC/EU Ravenwatch Daggerfall Covenant

Give me my wings back!
  • SocialAssassin
    SocialAssassin
    ✭✭✭
    What class would you recommend for a solo player?

Stamina or Magika

So far I'm looking at Sorcerer and Necro

Thank you

If you're looking in the Necromancer class. Definitely Deathbringer
    “I’m The Best There Is At What I Do. But What I Do Isn't Very Nice…” - Wolverine/Logan/James Howlett
  • Saril_Durzam
    Saril_Durzam
    ✭✭✭✭
    Magplar. Sweeps can take you NAKED through all solo content except MA. Its so easy that is boring.