Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Ghastly Eye Bowl STILL bugged/gimped on PTS

Emma_Overload
Emma_Overload
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
TM39uuW.png

Magicka and Magicka Recovery values should be changed to 4936 and 493, respectively, in order to match the Stamina equivalent "Lava Foot Soup-And-Saltrice".

This imbalance has existed for years, now. Can we please fix this before PTS goes live?
#CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It never made sense. Please adjust the values accordingly. :)
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • Moonsorrow
    Moonsorrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS has this thing that they want to keep drinks stats slightly below foods, since Lava Soup is a food it has slightly higher stats. Drinks can be used with sets like BtB.. so in combination those would get the (recovery) stats higher than uhh.. intended/wanted by ZOS.

And about that.. i liked using Bloody Mara with BtB (for reasons) at pvp, and now its getting nerfed. Since its a drink. Sucks. Too bad it became popular mag drink at PVE so it got it nerf hammered after all this time.

Damn pve people did get my awesome build nerfed. (joking, dear pve player - do not get triggered by this)
  • John_Falstaff
    John_Falstaff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes, it's not as much a bug as official (if weird as most things ZOS does) position on foods/drinks - drinks, according to them, are supposed to be weaker because they synergize with sets. Why do balancing in respect to niche sets, most of which are only useful in PvP, is a mystery to me.
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That really does not make sense to me. There are hundreds of recipes in this game, and half of them are now balanced to be ~7% weaker than similar foods because of the existence of 2 mediocre gear sets? Just change Bone Pirate and Bright Throat if they’re really too overpowered (which they aren’t).
  • Sanguinor2
    Sanguinor2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes, it's not as much a bug as official (if weird as most things ZOS does) position on foods/drinks - drinks, according to them, are supposed to be weaker because they synergize with sets. Why do balancing in respect to niche sets, most of which are only useful in PvP, is a mystery to me.

Yeah I never quite understood that attitude either, especially considering that there is atleast 1 set that also synergizes with Food instead of Drinks, guess Zos doesnt know that that set exists? (Spoiler: Its Green Pact)
    Politeness is respecting others.
    Courage is doing what is fair.
    Modesty is speaking of oneself without vanity.
    Self control is keeping calm even when anger rises.
    Sincerity is expressing oneself without concealing ones thoughts.
    Honor is keeping ones word.
  • LiquidPony
    LiquidPony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    That really does not make sense to me. There are hundreds of recipes in this game, and half of them are now balanced to be ~7% weaker than similar foods because of the existence of 2 mediocre gear sets? Just change Bone Pirate and Bright Throat if they’re really too overpowered (which they aren’t).

I agree that it doesn't necessarily make sense but I also wouldn't call Bone Pirate or Bright Throat mediocre, I mean maybe they are, but they're both really popular PvP sets.

While they're at it, can we get a stam equivalent of Double Bloody Mara and Artaeum Pickled Fish Bowl?
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would make sense if the drink sets are stronger than the normal sets - which they are not.
    Which is why as of 5.1 using drinks is just wasting stats and nobody should - sadly.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• twing1_
    twing1_
    ✭✭✭✭
    Moonsorrow wrote: »
    ZOS has this thing that they want to keep drinks stats slightly below foods, since Lava Soup is a food it has slightly higher stats. Drinks can be used with sets like BtB.. so in combination those would get the (recovery) stats higher than uhh.. intended/wanted by ZOS.

And foods can be used with sets like green pact.

This doesn't make sense. And I know that's not on you, ZOS has admitted to making drinks weaker for this reason. Doesn't change the fact that it's just silly though.

Food standardization has to happen at some point (hopefully soon) and all green foods should be valued equally (regardless of being food or drink, and imo regardless of having max stats or sustain as well), same with all blues being valued equally, all purple, and all gold.
    Edited by twing1_ on July 30, 2019 6:42PM
  • Moonsorrow
    Moonsorrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    twing1_ wrote: »

And foods can be used with sets like green pact.

This doesn't make sense. And I know that's not on you, ZOS has admitted to making drinks weaker for this reason. Doesn't change the fact that it's just silly though.

Food standardization has to happen at some point (hopefully soon) and all green foods should be valued equally (regardless of being food or drink, and imo regardless of having max stats or sustain as well), same with all blues being valued equally, all purple, and all gold.

Yeah well, we are going towards fewer choices on pvp, pve and the niche builds on food/drink choices, same as they are doing with the spammables & dots, making all so close to each others that cannot soon make much "gimmick builds" by juggling stats/recovery with different choices.. boring to us players, but easier for them to balance, since yeah - people cannot ask all things to be nerfed when they compare things soon when all are the same with different color animations.

This is what people been wanting with their requests.

And personally i`ve been always hoping for both mag & stam specs to have equal choices for building with foods and drinks to get the stats & recovery they aim for. Since i play both and all classes. But.. sadly, too many (of the vocal) people always see things like high recovery pvp setups even as "OP neeeerfff!" if they lost to someone at pvp because they gas out after 20 seconds on a 1vs1 with their own build just maxed out on damage.. but instead of building to some sustain also, they go on forum and demand it nerfed.

Same with classes having few k of dps difference, instead of accepting it.. pls nerf this and buff that! And here we are, soon all classes are the same since that is the only way to please the endless nerfwarriors.

It is what it is.

Good thing is, soon there are no excuses when same people still get beaten at pvp. Oh boy teh enjoyment. :p
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sanguinor2 wrote: »

Yeah I never quite understood that attitude either, especially considering that there is atleast 1 set that also synergizes with Food instead of Drinks, guess Zos doesnt know that that set exists? (Spoiler: Its Green Pact)

Green pact can't be compared to bone pirate's. Though with nerf to PD and new gold 3-stat food, green pact can be an interesting setup for non-vampires.

Anyway there is simple solution to ghastly eye bowl - release new food for magicka with stats similar to lava-foot-soup. Also they need to release epic stamina bi-stat food too...
  • Tyrobag
    Tyrobag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The "Drink Nerf" is completely ridiculous, the argument for it makes no sense at all. First of all there are foodbuff sets too, second if you want to reduce the power of the drink/set combo you nerf the set not the drink. The majority of people use the drinks without the sets, so they end up under the power level that you seem to intend, unless you want half the food in the game to be useless without wearing a specific set.
  • TheYKcid
    TheYKcid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ZOS has gone on record to state that drinks are intentionally underbudgeted in order to balance against the fact that they are used in conjunction with "drink sets", i.e. Bone Pirate & Bright Throat's.

This is of course a completely bogus excuse, since these drink sets do NOT perform any better than regular sets. The stat-density comparisons have been done, some by myself personally in an old thread which I can dig up and link if need be.

There is no reason drinks should offer lower stats than their food counterparts.
    PC/NA — Daggerfall Covenant — BGs, Kaalgrontiid
    Kalazar ChalhoubRedguard Nord Stamplar
    Kalaron Caemor — Altmer Magsorc
    Kalahad Cirith — Dunmer Magden
  • Vajrak
    Vajrak
    ✭✭✭
    Now Add Mages Guild passives and Inner Light.
  • Jodynn
    Jodynn
    ✭✭✭✭✭

And about that.. i liked using Bloody Mara with BtB (for reasons) at pvp, and now its getting nerfed. Since its a drink. Sucks. Too bad it became popular mag drink at PVE so it got it nerf hammered after all this time.

Damn pve people did get my awesome build nerfed. (joking, dear pve player - do not get triggered by this)

I was very frustrating at DBM being nerfed, because in PvP yeah, I can see it being strong because I use bright-throat, but in PvE no one uses that set in a serious context of end game PvE...

So what to offer : Make a food buff that's gold, or a lava foot/eye scream that is food, don't hide behind an excuse of it being a drink.
    Jodynn PC NA
    PvE and PvP MagDK
    The lack of communication from ZOS to player speaks volumes.
  • No_Division
    No_Division
    ✭✭✭
    TheYKcid wrote: »
    ZOS has gone on record to state that drinks are intentionally underbudgeted in order to balance against the fact that they are used in conjunction with "drink sets", i.e. Bone Pirate & Bright Throat's.

This is of course a completely bogus excuse, since these drink sets do NOT perform any better than regular sets. The stat-density comparisons have been done, some by myself personally in an old thread which I can dig up and link if need be.

There is no reason drinks should offer lower stats than their food counterparts.

agreed. Its like we are back to the boring atro/tri food meta lol.
  • Vahndamme
    Vahndamme
    ✭✭✭
    sorry to necro but why is this imbalance still here ? esp now with hybrid kek