The maintenance is complete and the PTS is now back online. The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test!
The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Is flying blade a reliable gap closer on PTS?

MurderMostFoul
MurderMostFoul
✭✭✭✭✭
Just curious.
Edited by MurderMostFoul on July 30, 2019 8:51PM
“There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • jcm2606
    jcm2606
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I only tested during the first week, though I don't think they mentioned changing Flying Blade, only the base skill and Shrouded Daggers, but IMO, no.

Even though it's off the GCD, the dagger still has a travel time which gives it a delay of about a second, depending on the range. Even close up, like about 8-10 meters from a target, it's kinda clunky in that you need to wait a bit before you hit it a second time to teleport, and any further gets worse.

I haven't tested Shrouded Daggers, both before and after this latest PTS patch, but at the least, Flying Blade is now a dead skill, IMO.
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I tested it tonight and was unimpressed at it's usability.
  • GeorgeBlack
    GeorgeBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    NBrookus wrote: »
    I tested it tonight and was unimpressed at it's usability.

Unimpressed
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmmm, why doesn't ZOS just make it a normal gap closer and call it a day?
  • jcm2606
    jcm2606
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hmmm, why doesn't ZOS just make it a normal gap closer and call it a day?

That is a damn good question.
  • robpr
    robpr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's exactly the same as NB's ambush, except you need to hit someone first with the dagger.
    It's ok enough for classes that don't have a reliable gap closer like sorcs or necros and dont want to slot s&b or 2h just for that.
    Edited by robpr on July 31, 2019 7:54AM
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It still snares right?
    Edited by MurderMostFoul on July 31, 2019 1:02PM
  • Sarousse
    Sarousse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It still snares right?

You know it's not snaring anymore on live, do you ?
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sarousse wrote: »
    It still snares right?

You know it's not snaring anymore on live, do you ?

Lol, I know now.
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I actually found it didn't feel that bad, the mark lasts for 5s and the gap closer/initial hit does about 66% of a single target spammable?

What I found to work the best:

Light Attack - Flying Blade
    Light Attack - Skill - Gap Close

You can do this, but it feels less fluid because of the travel time on the dagger:
    Light Attack - Flying Blade - Gap Close - Skill

The Gap Closer has a short animation that blocks off all ability use, even in melee range of about 0.7s so even though it doesn't fall within the GCD, the delay is noticeable enough to feel like a GCD. With the first option I mentioned. You can animation cancel a skill like hurricane in to the gap closer. I'm sure every class has something they could use there.
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
  • magictucktuck
    magictucktuck
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't like it at first it seemed clunky but after testing you can cast then use a ranged skill and since off the GCD gap close and ulti or other skill all at the same time its fun, so I do like it now, its just different. You know how ESO players feel about different..
    PC-NA

Necromancer

Flawless Conqueror

https://www.magictucktuck.com for my builds and guides!
  • GeorgeBlack
    GeorgeBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Meanwhile factotums have a gap closer atk with an awsome animation. The CC shouldnt be part of the ability tho.

Would be so much better.
    Edited by GeorgeBlack on July 31, 2019 11:26PM