Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Tab target priority?

Waffennacht
Waffennacht
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Flying Blade (morph):
Improved the responsiveness of targeting for this ability’s teleport attack when attempting to use it on an enemy within a group of targets. Tab targeting a marked target will now prioritize them, even if another target enters your field of view.

Can this be default for every ability if it's not already?
Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
1300+ CP
Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Dashmatt
    Dashmatt
    ✭✭✭✭
    Good question but also, can someone explain tab targeting to a poor PS4 player?
  • Insco851
    Insco851
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dashmatt wrote: »
    Good question but also, can someone explain tab targeting to a poor PS4 player?

White lock.

I use an altered button layout so mines on r3. But I think the original is on the D pad. Locks a target, puts a bright white ring around them.

Amazing usage when trying to figure out where someone is kiting to or doing. You can see them thru walls and rocks and the whole nine. But shhhhh
    Edited by Insco851 on July 30, 2019 6:03PM
  • Starlight_Knight
    Starlight_Knight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I read this as well and though wow i need this on all my skills..
  • Arciris
    Arciris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Flying Blade (morph):
    Improved the responsiveness of targeting for this ability’s teleport attack when attempting to use it on an enemy within a group of targets. Tab targeting a marked target will now prioritize them, even if another target enters your field of view.

Implementing this for all abilities will end the cry about pets and LOS so hopefully they can revert Matriarch and WW pets nerfs.
  • LinearParadox
    LinearParadox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is literally EXACTLY what went through my head the MOMENT I read this.
    HOW IS THIS NOT ALREADY WHAT IT DOES??????
    Honestly, what did they think the point of tab-targeting something WAS if not to ignore anything else in the way!?!?

FFS. Base functionality please!
    twitch.tv/linearparadox
    Benthar the Unkillable - lvl 50 StamDK - AD
    High Confessor Celosia - lvl 50 MagDK, AD
    Aeolyndra Sunstrider - lvl 50 Magplar Support God, AD
    Maldreth Angala - lvl 50 Magicka PetSorc, AD
    Veldrosa Wyldwind - lvl 50 StamSorc, AD
    M. Night Shatupon - lvl 50 MagBlade, AD
    Vestonia Ironhardt - lvl 50 Warden GuardTank, AD
    Bone Daddy - lvl 50 Stamcro, AD
    Abra Kedaver - lvl 50 Magcro, AD
    CP 1100+
  • J18696
    J18696
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The amount of times I've had someone infront me tab and I leap some random off in the distance or side
    PC NA Server
    @J18696
    Characters
    Pridē - Dragonknight
    Vanıty - Arcanist
  • Jabbs_Giggity
    Jabbs_Giggity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The problem with tab targeting on console is that it's so clunky because it's tied to sneaking. I can't even recall how many times I went to tab target a highly mobile player or someone in a group and end up either entering sneak because I didn't hold it long enough or targeted someone else unintended or a pet because it just takes too long to tab target.

I suggest ZOS reverse the mechanics for console button layout where tapping R3 targets and holding R3 enters/leaves sneak.
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is literally EXACTLY what went through my head the MOMENT I read this.
    HOW IS THIS NOT ALREADY WHAT IT DOES??????
    Honestly, what did they think the point of tab-targeting something WAS if not to ignore anything else in the way!?!?

FFS. Base functionality please!

ESO isn't a tab target game though. Things are supposed to be able to get in your way.
  • Runefang
    Runefang
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What does tab targeting do now if not this?
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Runefang wrote: »

It still respects LOS, as it should. Otherwise, it would be superior to casting with the action camera.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on July 30, 2019 9:31PM
  • labambao
    labambao
    ✭✭✭✭
    It would be not non-target (they pretend this game is).
    Better make tab - target a mark for whole group, so leader can mark the target to assist.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Runefang wrote: »

It still respects LOS, as it should. Otherwise, it would be superior to casting with the action camera.

Thing is; as is, casting is just a double check, a check at cast and a check of land (for dodge roll, block etc) "things getting in the way" would still apply on the LoS check.

As players are NOT Los objects (do not do the checks) the tab targeting should function as we desire without brain-dead casting ease that could arise. (Aka a rock would still provide a LoS object)

Infact, the very idea that this is how this specific ability is intended to function; all abilities could easily function in the same manner

Edit: let me clarify; players "are" LoS objects in as much as they become the target and not the desired player - this only occurs because the game can't differentiate between what is an intended target or not. I cite the fact players do not have presence impact (I had the right name a sec ago).
    Edited by Waffennacht on July 30, 2019 10:10PM
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Flying Blade (morph):

Mind blown.
  • jcm2606
    jcm2606
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It won't help.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yprAGEEfOPk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kKugyuBpKs&feature=youtu.be

They need to fix tab target before they do anything like this.