Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Custom Telvanni storage furnishings

Nerouyn
Nerouyn
✭✭✭✭✭
Telvanni furnishings are great, right? But their storage options are very limited. There's just the nightstand.

But I've discovered that it's a very versatile piece.

There's the obvious one - two (or more) beside each other line up nicely and can give you bigger standing sets of drawers.

1i282gO.jpg

But wait. There's more!

Their height also happens to line up nicely with the Telvanni table, allowing you to use them as desk drawers.

r7XVhtQ.jpg

And my personal favourite - standing cabinetry.

X95vz2A.jpg

Storage furniture is critical for immersion. Without it housing doesn't look realistic. There I was with my three lengthwise joined Telvanni tables to make a lovely Telvanni dining table and my only options to furnish that spot were from other dunmer Houses. Their furniture is also nice and doesn't clash with Telvanni stuff but it's really not the same.

I found a way though.

How to do it?

Requires 2 Telvanni nightstands and 1 Telvanni bookshelf.

Rotate the bookshelf around so its back is facing forward.

Flip the 2 nightstands on their sides with their feet facing each other and push them together so you end up with 4 drawers.

Insert into top row of bookshelf.

Link.

Sink into floor.

Just in case anyone objects to one draw facing in a different direction, that is how such cabinets typically look. There's three compartments, one double one with doors which open out.

The great thing about this is you could also use the other shelves. Insert the drawers into a lower shelf and you could use the use the higher shelves if that suits the space, which it would in eg. a kitchen.
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Cool ideas! :smile: Custom creations are always great to see, as they help us cope with the severe lack of matching furniture sets (some styles have no wardrobes, some have no dressers, no nightstands, no counters etc).
  • Nerouyn
    Nerouyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bluebird wrote: »
    Custom creations are always great to see, as they help us cope with the severe lack of matching furniture sets (some styles have no wardrobes, some have no dressers, no nightstands, no counters etc).

I think the lack is supposed to make us take to the forums screaming, "We need these and we're willing to pay. Excessively! Take our money!!!!!!"

But I'm not biting.

Same for things like beds. Lots of styles only have messy, unmade versions which I think is supposed to upset us. I'm like, "Nah I'm too busy saving the world to be tidy. This works perfectly. Thanks so much for the realism!"
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe I'm weird, but I like messy beds (as long as they're pretty beds)... :blush:

Considering how OCD I am about placing things perfectly, this is somewhat of an anomally, for me, admittedly.

We definitely need more storage options and just more items, in general, in certain styles.

Even though, I'm generally a fan of mixing and matching based on shape, colour and motif; not just sticking to one racial style, rigidly.

Customisation is great, but there is such a thing as a furnishing limit, sadly.

So, that kind of takes the fun and sense of achievement out of it.

You're left with the feeling of "Well done, you have managed to waste 5 slots instead of 1, via your bout of creativity.".

Not very rewarding...
    Edited by Tigerseye on July 30, 2019 5:57PM
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Now, if you could go into a separate area and combine items, within reason and within a certain size limit, into a single item, which you could then save to use whenever you liked (assuming you had all the components), that would be great.

Seeing as we can currently place 700 giant, glittering trees in a house, if we want to, I can't see how making a small/medium item, out of up to 6 small/tiny items, would be an issue for the system?
    Edited by Tigerseye on July 30, 2019 6:06PM