Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Cast time on ultimates feels like someone amputated part of my brain

Nerftheforums
Nerftheforums
✭✭✭✭✭
For real, it makes everything feel so clunky and slow. Damn, even newbies had no issues in breaking free and moving out ult range. Not even blocking or dodging, which is still possible on live, but moving out. How is thst fast paced combat?

Can we at least make fighting turn based? At least I know I have a chance at landing things at least on potatos
  • Delparis
    Delparis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    anyone playing this game got a part of his brain already amputated.

you just got less brain left.
    Edited by Delparis on July 30, 2019 11:01AM
  • dsalter
    dsalter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    someones mad they cant "clip" dawnbreaker into a "combo" that cant be dodged.
    PLEASE REPLY TO ME WITH @dsalter otherwise i'm likely to miss the reply if its not my own thread

EU - [Arch Mage Dave] Altmer Sorcerer
    Fight back at the crates and boxes, together we can change things.

• Nerftheforums
    Nerftheforums
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dsalter wrote: »

Someone happy they finally can compete against more skilled players.
    Edited by Nerftheforums on July 30, 2019 12:40PM
  • dsalter
    dsalter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

skill would imply that you had to train for ages and practice to "clip"
    i'm sorry to say but tapping block or weapon switching isn't "skill" and can be done by a newbie.
    it was something that benefited purely the cheese and had no counter play.
    PLEASE REPLY TO ME WITH @dsalter otherwise i'm likely to miss the reply if its not my own thread

• Nerftheforums
    Nerftheforums
    ✭✭✭✭✭

i'm sorry to say but tapping block or weapon switching isn't "skill" and can be done by a newbie.

You ain't a good troll. And if you are for real, then I think you are better off spending more time on pvp.
    Edited by Nerftheforums on July 30, 2019 2:28PM
  • Abhaya
    Abhaya
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ultimates already feel like *** to use in Cyrodiil lag. Most of mine get dodged after my indefinite cast time dizzy swing takes 3+ seconds to land. I can’t wait for them to put a cast time on top of that as if cast times aren’t counter-intuitive to how combat in this game is designed on a fundamental level.
    Abhaya - PC NA - Ebonheart Pact
    Stam Sorc 2-Hand / Bow Build: https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=169103
  • dsalter
    dsalter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

You ain't a good troll. And if you are for real, then I think you are better off spending more time on pvp.

as someone with roughly rank 37 (i need to check the specific rank) in alliance war through mostly solo play, much of it as a stam sorc who USES dawnbreaker.
    i'm being serious.
    and before you cry hypocrite, yes i have abuse the "skillful" ability clipping to get a cheap kill, usually against those trying to do the same thing, its cheap but sometimes you gotta fight cheese with cheese.
    besides not clipping things might improve the big issue of to many calculations battles tend to have, even if its only a little, till """animation cancelling""" is solved (yes thats a sarcastic quotation in case the implementation is lost on ye, AC in ESO is a joke in the AC community as it increases damage rather than allowing you to combo) we need to take every we can get till we reach the point where its stable enough to add ACTUAL animation cancelling.

• Ajax_22
    Ajax_22
    ✭✭✭✭✭

as someone with roughly rank 37 (i need to check the specific rank) in alliance war through mostly solo play, much of it as a stam sorc who USES dawnbreaker.
    i'm being serious.
    and before you cry hypocrite, yes i have abuse the "skillful" ability clipping to get a cheap kill, usually against those trying to do the same thing, its cheap but sometimes you gotta fight cheese with cheese.
    besides not clipping things might improve the big issue of to many calculations battles tend to have, even if its only a little, till """animation cancelling""" is solved (yes thats a sarcastic quotation in case the implementation is lost on ye, AC in ESO is a joke in the AC community as it increases damage rather than allowing you to combo) we need to take every we can get till we reach the point where its stable enough to add ACTUAL animation cancelling.

LOL
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

exactly,
    all truth.
    you hit the nail on the head.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

i'm being serious.

LOL

that is the theme here on eso forums that should be looked into.
    is that anytime someone disagrees with or has a different point of view here on the forums that they are laughed at, insulted, made to look foolish or just outright bashed against for having a different belief and different opinion.
    i hope the community, and the developers and the forum moderators see this and force it to be changed and allow others to be able to express their difference in view rather than being laughed at and insulted for difference in opinion.

• MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gilvoth wrote: »

exactly,
    all truth.

i'm being serious.

LOL

is that anytime someone disagrees with or has a different point of view here on the forums that they are laughed at, insulted, made to look foolish or just outright bashed against for having a different belief and different opinion.
    i hope the community, and the developers and the forum moderators see this and force it to be changed and allow others to be able to express their difference in view rather than being laughed at and insulted for difference in opinion.
    It's funny you say something like that when you made a point to agree with a comment that antagonizes OP.

On the subject, doesn't change much for anyone who's use to channeled abilities, just wait for the animation to finish before doing any actions that could interrupt the ability. As a Stam Sorc I used DB practically all the time and I'll adapt.
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
  • jerrodbuffington
    jerrodbuffington
    ✭✭✭
    What was changed for ultimates?

They have more cast time now?
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    What was changed for ultimates?

They have more cast time now?

From PTS Patch Notes 5.1.0:

Adjusted the animations and cast times for many Ultimates that are meant to have high impact to better synchronize their attacks to their animations. These abilities cannot be interrupted, and canceling them or being stopped while casting them will not consume your Ultimate.

This affects the following abilities:
    • Death Stroke & morphs: Added a 400ms cast time to these abilities to sync up with their animations.
    • Dawnbreaker & morphs: Added a 400ms cast time to these abilities.
    • Berserker Strike & morphs: Added a 400ms cast time to these abilities.
    • Soul Shred & morphs: Added a 500ms cast time to these abilities.
    • Lacerate & morphs: Added a 500ms cast time to these abilities, rather than the 500ms delay they had before.
    Edited by MashmalloMan on July 30, 2019 5:14PM
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
  • Zatox
    Zatox
    ✭✭✭✭
    No more invisible DBOS, great change
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

exactly,
    all truth.

i'm being serious.

LOL

It's funny you say something like that when you made a point to agree with a comment that antagonizes OP.

On the subject, doesn't change much for anyone who's use to channeled abilities, just wait for the animation to finish before doing any actions that could interrupt the ability. As a Stam Sorc I used DB practically all the time and I'll adapt.

no, you missread what was said, and at no time did i nor that person antagonize anyone,
    that person was sharing his/her opinion that was different than the OP, and he was insulted, made to look like he didnt know the game, and even laughed at for his/her difference in opinion.

there are people whom disagree with the patch notes and don't want the changes and cast times to ultimates, and then there are those of us who DO want those changes, and we DO want the cast times added to ultimates, and when we try to express a difference in those beliefs and opinions, there should be an ability to do so without being Bashed and insulted and made out to be the fool and made to look like we dont know how to play the game just for sharing our differences and beliefs and opinions!
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zatox wrote: »

that is exactly what we have been asking for a long time.
    many of us are happy with those changes and i hope we see more changes like this happen.
    the disagreement comes out with this being related to cast times and animation canceling on things that dont need changed, for example light attack animation canceling is just fine in my opinion, but on other skills it should not exist, as well as never adding a cast time on skills that would be used as defenses like shield casting and invisibility, and blocking - those should never have a cast time and they should also not be able to play into animation canceling in my opinion.
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

i'm being serious.

LOL

TBH I've seen worse forums, but I agree on the amount of lard here.

To OP, I agree with you about this change, it is not necessary. However, the real problem is the amount of defensive moves that have been nerfed over the last 2 years (4 if we include permablocking), jus to name a few:

- Permaclocking
    - Shields
    - Major/minor evasion
    - Healing (especially in the healing class)
    - Major exp and movement traits
    - The defensive skills class nerfs including hardened ward, wings, cloak, etc.

That lead to a meta in which you had to burn your oponent asap or you would be burned asap, like a far west showdown. To contest that, we have been forced to run with a bullet proof jacket and that has lead to the unkillable tanks meta.

The cast time on ultis has been developed as a solution (a very bad solution). The problem is that the defensive tone shouldn't be addressed from the attacker's perspective but from the defender's perspective, but with so few options to protect yourself the decision is clear.

I prefer a hundred times a guy with a stronger shield or with a strong (old) evasion buff than a cast time on ultis. At least you can work around the shield/evasion through their counters (seriously, we needed a couple more counters, nothing else) than this cast time on ultis. It seems the cherry on a cake made of bad decisions
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • Lucky28
    Lucky28
    ✭✭✭✭✭

that is exactly what we have been asking for a long time.
    many of us are happy with those changes and i hope we see more changes like this happen.
    the disagreement comes out with this being related to cast times and animation canceling on things that dont need changed, for example light attack animation canceling is just fine in my opinion, but on other skills it should not exist, as well as never adding a cast time on skills that would be used as defenses like shield casting and invisibility, and blocking - those should never have a cast time and they should also not be able to play into animation canceling in my opinion.

Oh yeah. make changes that's gonna do nothing but force people into bigger zergs. yeah, great thanks.
    Invictus
  • Rake
    Rake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

exactly,
    all truth.

i'm being serious.

LOL

no, you missread what was said, and at no time did i nor that person antagonize anyone,
    that person was sharing his/her opinion that was different than the OP, and he was insulted, made to look like he didnt know the game, and even laughed at for his/her difference in opinion.

there are people whom disagree with the patch notes and don't want the changes and cast times to ultimates, and then there are those of us who DO want those changes, and we DO want the cast times added to ultimates, and when we try to express a difference in those beliefs and opinions, there should be an ability to do so without being Bashed and insulted and made out to be the fool and made to look like we dont know how to play the game just for sharing our differences and beliefs and opinions!

So you critique how others critique ppl criticism over how zos makes this game zerg friendlier
  • Nerftheforums
    Nerftheforums
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The fact that people call out "invisible dbos" already says a lot. Considering pvp as reactive gameplay is just wrong. And this is not a matter of opinion, but of fact.

You didn't expect a certain ult to land and couldn't block it? Man, it's your fault, you should have seen it coming. Every class has precise patterns on how the deal damage and defend, being able to identify them and play accordingly is part of what makes pvp in this game fun and skill based (skill as in player capacity, not character abilities).

Removing animation canceling from ults just waters down combat, hurts solo play (which is basically dead af, but whatever), and helps less skilled people to survive more. The same less skilled people who call you cheater when you cancel a stun and bash cancel an ult. I know this game is for casuals, but holy *** removing any sort of skill required for combat seems a bit too much even for eso.
  • TriangularChicken
    TriangularChicken
    ✭✭✭✭

What invisible DB? Your character raises his hand for the DB animation..you have a split second to react. If you can't see it get more experience in PvP. If you're too slow go train your reflexes. If you can't anticipate the enemies next move get good. Kristofer ESO on YT has a video explaining the importance of reading your enemies behaviour.
    Adding cast times to skills is just another crutch for bad players. Why should you get handed everything while decent ppl had to learn how to PvP for a while?
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good players will adapt, only bad players are complaining about these changes. If all of your skill is based on animation canceling or hitting buttons as fast as possible there wasn’t much skill to begin with.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • Hashtag_
    Hashtag_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seraphayel wrote: »
    Good players will adapt, only bad players are complaining about these changes. If all of your skill is based on animation canceling or hitting buttons as fast as possible there wasn’t much skill to begin with.

Wut? Pretty much every pvp game is about who can press buttons faster and be more accurate.
  • Crixus8000
    Crixus8000
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Of course people will adapt, it doesn't mean it's not a bad change though.

It just makes combat less skillful and more slow, that is a fact, and also pvp in this game is so laggy that this will make ults very often even more annoying to land. Half the time my ults already feel they have a 1-3 second cast time.

• Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hashtag_ wrote: »

Wut? Pretty much every pvp game is about who can press buttons faster and be more accurate.

That’s indeed true when the game is centered around that. ESO has turned a bug into a feature though - I mean even ZOS embraces this because they’re incapable of getting rid of it - yet is hasn’t that much to do with skill.

Maybe these are indeed the first steps on ZOS‘ side to get rid of animation canceling? I hope so.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • charley222
    charley222
    ✭✭✭✭
    The fact that people call out "invisible dbos" already says a lot. Considering pvp as reactive gameplay is just wrong. And this is not a matter of opinion, but of fact.

You didn't expect a certain ult to land and couldn't block it? Man, it's your fault, you should have seen it coming. Every class has precise patterns on how the deal damage and defend, being able to identify them and play accordingly is part of what makes pvp in this game fun and skill based (skill as in player capacity, not character abilities).

Removing animation canceling from ults just waters down combat, hurts solo play (which is basically dead af, but whatever), and helps less skilled people to survive more. The same less skilled people who call you cheater when you cancel a stun and bash cancel an ult. I know this game is for casuals, but holy *** removing any sort of skill required for combat seems a bit too much even for eso.

2018 account lol , takeback your word noob

('m sorry for what happened to you, but I am sure you can overcome this one day. Just believe in yourself, I am for real, you can't believe what will power allows you to achieve. You'll overcome your personal traumas, just believe in yourself )
    Edited by charley222 on July 31, 2019 2:33PM
    the wall of the covenant
  • Abhaya
    Abhaya
    ✭✭✭✭
    Crixus8000 wrote: »

It just makes combat less skillful and more slow, that is a fact, and also pvp in this game is so laggy that this will make ults very often even more annoying to land. Half the time my ults already feel they have a 1-3 second cast time.
    This. In Cyro lag I’m already mashing my ult button 2-3 times before it actually goes off most of the time. Berserker strike is hard enough to land as it is when my dizzy swing takes 3 seconds to go off and then they CC break and dodge while I’m spamming my ULT button to no effect. ULTS that can be blocked and dodged do not need a cast time. You already have to time the attack with CC and land it immediately before they can CC break and dodge roll wasting your whole ULT. When my entire burst can be dodge rolled or blocked there is plenty of counterplay already in place without slowing down my combo. Slowing down combat is the worst direction this game can go in. It’s the same as people whining about shuffle having 7 seconds of snare immunity because they think moving faster than 40% base movement speed is OP.
    Edited by Abhaya on July 31, 2019 2:31PM
    Abhaya - PC NA - Ebonheart Pact
    Stam Sorc 2-Hand / Bow Build: https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=169103
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Abhaya wrote: »
    Crixus8000 wrote: »

This. In Cyro lag I’m already mashing my ult button 2-3 times before it actually goes off most of the time. Berserker strike is hard enough to land as it is when my dizzy swing takes 3 seconds to go off and then they CC break and dodge while I’m spamming my ULT button to no effect. ULTS that can be blocked and dodged do not need a cast time. You already have to time the attack with CC and land it immediately before they can CC break and dodge roll wasting your whole ULT. When my entire burst can be dodge rolled or blocked there is plenty of counterplay already in place without slowing down my combo. Slowing down combat is the worst direction this game can go in. It’s the same as people whining about shuffle having 7 seconds of snare immunity because they think moving faster than 40% base movement speed is OP.

Because it is. Mobility in this game specifically is what is going to give you the advantage in the kite turn n burn play style.
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
  • SilverPaws
    SilverPaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zenimax making changes like this to please bad majority of players. How sad.
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SilverPaws wrote: »
    Zenimax making changes like this to please bad majority of players. How sad.

And what makes you good exactly, since you can call them bad?
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.