Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Necro Fear buffed to standard after Turn Evil but where is the NB fear buff?

susmitds
susmitds
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Bone Totem: Increased the duration of this ability and its morphs by 1 second to help improve its animation of the totem crumbling, along with adding a new function. These abilities will now pulse a fear once every 2 seconds after the initial 2 second delay, rather than only once.

So instead of once, Totem will autocast fear every 2 secs, which makes it balanced against Turn Evil and is a good change imo.

However, this means that NB fear is now the weakest version of Fear, compared to both Turn Evil and Totem. This is ridiculous given that Fear(AoE uncounterable CC) was primarily a NB identity. Where is the Mass Hysteria/Manifestation of Terror buff to bring them upto standard?

@ZOS_Gilliam
Edited by susmitds on July 30, 2019 2:31PM
  • Girl_Number8
    Girl_Number8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Adapt
    Edited by Girl_Number8 on July 30, 2019 2:31PM
  • magictucktuck
    magictucktuck
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or burn
    PC-NA

Necromancer

Flawless Conqueror

https://www.magictucktuck.com for my builds and guides!
  • John_Falstaff
    John_Falstaff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Adapt

...by making wiser choices of games to play from now on. ^^ Unless being exposed to ZOS' marketing is some kind of perverted masochistic pleasure. ^^
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Adapt

It does not even affect me in the first place so I have nothing to adapt to(Stamblade ftw). Turn Evil change is a buff for me(magicka sustain buffed indirectly). I just pointed out an inconsistency.

Both Necro Fear and Turn Evil gives multiple additional buffs/debuffs along with Fear where as NB fear's debuffs were removed previous patch as it was over-budgeted by their CC standards. This patch they went in the opposite direction totally by buffing every AoE CC skill, except Mass Hysteria/Manifestation of Terror.
  • Aedaryl
    Aedaryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    susmitds wrote: »
    Bone Totem: Increased the duration of this ability and its morphs by 1 second to help improve its animation of the totem crumbling, along with adding a new function. These abilities will now pulse a fear once every 2 seconds after the initial 2 second delay, rather than only once.

So instead of once, Totem will autocast fear every 2 secs, which makes it balanced against Turn Evil and is a good change imo.

However, this means that NB fear is now the weakest version of Fear, compared to both Turn Evil and Totem. This is ridiculous given that Fear(AoE uncounterable CC) was primarily a NB identity. Where is the Mass Hysteria/Manifestation of Terror buff to bring them upto standard?

@ZOS_Gilliam

Necro fear still trash.

It would be usable only if it's fear on IMPACT.
  • Neloth
    Neloth
    ✭✭✭✭
    Aedaryl wrote: »

@ZOS_Gilliam

Necro fear still trash.

It would be usable only if it's fear on IMPACT.

At least now it seems to be a better tool to farm potatoes inside a tower.
    Edited by Neloth on July 30, 2019 4:38PM
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I’ve been thinking of dropping the fear anyways. 2/3 of the time when I try to use it someone has immunity on them anyways and I waste a good chunk of magicka trying to cc.

Mass Hysteria was awesome pre-cc immunity. Now it’s meh.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@ZOS_Gilliam
    The change to the Necromancer Totem made it less-terrible than before, but it's still not a "good" ability when you're up against anyone that's actually decent. Nightblade Fear and generic Stamina Fear (which needs to stop existing before the patch hits live) are both still very much superior to the totem.

Magicka Necromancers will still be forced into either using Vampire Drain or Flame Clench, both of which have short range and multiple drawbacks associated. Using Clench over Reach in particular comes with a big opportunity cost for Magicka Necromancers IMO, since the "new" DOTs are the only reliable offensive options available to the class, outside of a spammable.
  • Insco851
    Insco851
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ah so the OG fear is now the weakest version. What a lul this has become.

Stam necro... blast bones>colossus>fear>execute

Stam sorc now gets to hard CC inside their negate without being pitched half way across the screen. Careful mag mains.

Stamden... meh little use probably. Maybe a defensive stun.

Stam DK... better options for kill combos.

StamNB.... woot! Get ready to run the generic fear! Cuz BETTER.

Stamplar... yea I can see this one being pretty strong with aoe jabs and broken strike Splash dmg.

Saddest part is this really takes one of the few unique group utilities nb had and gives it to every stam joint that never needed it.... lovely
    Edited by Insco851 on July 30, 2019 10:48PM
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    id give minor maim to the nb fear and remove it from the shade and give the shade something else...
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Delayed burst is nice. Delayed CC not so much.
  • Insco851
    Insco851
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    katorga wrote: »
    Delayed burst is nice. Delayed CC not so much.

The pulsing totem can be use well in strategic areas- group play. More of a point holder than a CC. Same as before but more than one fear now.
  • blazjit420
    Increase the aoe of fear, dont even need to give it any other buff but increasing the radius of mass hysteria from 6 to 8
  • AMeanOne
    AMeanOne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's still trash. Just less trashy
  • evoniee
    evoniee
    ✭✭✭✭
    when older skill nerfed and introduce more bulsh#t :sleepy:
    i dont even care to slot mass hysteria since the nerf
  • Jeezye
    Jeezye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    make fear a zergbomb tool lul. thats the only role magblade excells in nowadays...
  • Insco851
    Insco851
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jeezye wrote: »
    make fear a zergbomb tool lul. thats the only role magblade excells in nowadays...

I’ve tried saying this louder and louder but folks still don’t wanna hear it.
  • kalunte
    kalunte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    both range and effect should be looked at. i'm writing for it since 5.1.0 patch note >.<
    Edited by kalunte on August 2, 2019 2:31PM
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Forget about it guys, magBlades are last when it goes to buffing bEcaUse cLOaK.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • No_Division
    No_Division
    ✭✭✭
    if templar losing major mending to warden didnt teach us something, then we truly don't understand zos lol.
  • Insco851
    Insco851
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if templar losing major mending to warden didnt teach us something, then we truly don't understand zos lol.

From one class to another is one thing... from one class to the masses is a wee bit different tho lol
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Adapt
    By rolling necro...
    #PlayAsYouWant

:/
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Necro fear has a 2 second windup and a massive red circle(or whatever color ppl set them to) telegraph.

Turn evil was just "fixed" and now has a base stam cost over 4k.

Mass hysteria costs magicka, and is cheaper than turn evil.
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Adapt
    By rolling necro...
    #PlayAsYouWant

:/
    If you're actually facing decent opposition, and not just farming not-so-good players in a tower in Cyrodiil, Mass Hysteria is vastly superior to the Necromancer's Totem.
  • kalunte
    kalunte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nb fear shouldnt be compared to turn evil or necros totem.

It should be compared to Streak.

once you guys get this you'll cry legit tears. 'til then.. xoxo
  • Jeezye
    Jeezye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Firstmep wrote: »
    Necro fear has a 2 second windup and a massive red circle(or whatever color ppl set them to) telegraph.

Turn evil was just "fixed" and now has a base stam cost over 4k.

Mass hysteria costs magicka, and is cheaper than turn evil.

Get outta here
  • ThePedge
    ThePedge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kalunte wrote: »
    nb fear shouldnt be compared to turn evil or necros totem.

It should be compared to Streak.

once you guys get this you'll cry legit tears. 'til then.. xoxo

Mass Hysteria teleports you to the edge of gap-closer range?
  • Vlad9425
    Vlad9425
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I doubt nightblades are getting buffed anytime soon. It’s clear from the last few patches that someone in their new combat team has decided that nightblades need nerfed to the point where they’re no longer fun to play.
  • Insco851
    Insco851
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No change lol. Devs are straight disrespectful.
  • Luminide
    Luminide
    ✭✭
    This is actually insane, I can't believe turn evil's going to live the way it is without any improvements to mass hysteria.

Guess everyone's gonna be fearing now, all that's left is to add cloak and streak to guild skill lines and everybody can play the same build all the time, an ideal game in ZOS's mind apparently.