Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Eclipse Discussion.

Trian94
Trian94
✭✭✭✭
Why isn't eclipse changed so that it can be cc broken and respect cc immunity. How are you supposed to go offensive, as a melee character, on a Templar using the unstable core morph? Just why? Please look into this.

(Correct me if there's been such a change and I missed it)
PC EU

Stamina Socerer main - Northam Stormborn
  • Flame_of_Hades
    Flame_of_Hades
    ✭✭✭
    Your not. Although If I remember correctly they nerfed the damage it deals... ish...
  • Trian94
    Trian94
    ✭✭✭✭
    So basically if you run into a Templar using it you either run away or *insert guess-i'll-die memes*
    Edited by Trian94 on July 29, 2019 8:39PM
    PC EU

• Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trian94 wrote: »
    So basically if you run into a Templar using it you either run away or *insert guess-i'll-die memes*

You could try asking them not to.
  • Trian94
    Trian94
    ✭✭✭✭
    Insightful, lul
    PC EU

• Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I assume you talking about Unstable Core as it only debuff morph now.
    In compare to current - its base damage decreased since last 25% nerf and deal now 3 times less damage while cooldown increased from 0.750s to 1s. So it deal exactly same damage as ordinary single-target DoT now, can tick once per 1-2sec with CCs but only if enemy attacks. And since it cant be refreshed anymore - it easy to avoid CCs.
    P.S.: And Unstable Core no longer has magnetic bomb explosion that couldn't be avoided and was equal in damage to Curse.
    Edited by Cinbri on July 29, 2019 8:57PM
  • Trian94
    Trian94
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cinbri wrote: »
    I assume you talking about Unstable Core as it only debuff morph now.
    In compare to current - its base damage decreased since last 25% nerf and deal now 3 times less damage while cooldown increased from 0.750s to 1s. So it deal exactly same damage as ordinary single-target DoT now, can tick once per 1-2sec with CCs but only if enemy attacks. And since it cant be refreshed anymore - it easy to avoid CCs.
    P.S.: And Unstable Core no longer has magnetic bomb explosion that couldn't be avoided and was equal in damage to Curse.

What do you mean by "it can't be refreshed" exactly? If you can't refresh it early then you do it as soon as it ends and no melee char can touch you.
    PC EU

• Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Skill has 3 stages of activation that apply damage and CC effect based on stage. But recasting Core on target is reseting stage instead of continue it, so if target will just recast couple buffs instead of zealously attack - it will easily skip 3rd stage of hard CC and you cant do anything about it coz recast Core will return skill to 1st stage. And as I already said - its base stage damage nerfed 3x times and equal to ordinary dot damage.
    If you want simplier - take damage eclipse deal to you now and decrease it for 3. For example eclipse deal you 1000 damage now. Next update it will be 1000/3= 333 damage.
    P.S.: it is also horribly bugged and zos dont bother to fix it so it will barely do any damage in pvp at all.
  • Trian94
    Trian94
    ✭✭✭✭
    But doesn't the ability absorb the melee damage dealt as it is now? If that's a thing you can't really go offensive regardless of the damage unstable core does.
    PC EU

• Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Skill dont reflect/absorb attacks for like 2 years, it just proc moderate damage on enemy. And old Total Dark had healing proc as morph effect every time damage proc was proccing. But next update it will no longer able to heal and deal damage so Unstable Core wont have this defensive effect that was allowing to go offensive when bubble on enemy coz you was healed when enemy attack you.
    In exchange of loosing this defensive capability it got better but delayed CCs.
    Edited by Cinbri on July 29, 2019 9:54PM
  • Trian94
    Trian94
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cinbri wrote: »
    Skill dont reflect/absorb attacks for like 2 years, it just proc moderate damage on enemy. And old Total Dark had healing proc as morph effect every time damage proc was proccing. But next update it will no longer able to heal and deal damage so Unstable Core wont have this defensive effect that was allowing to go offensive when bubble on enemy coz you was healed when enemy attack you.
    In exchange of loosing this defensive capability it got better but delayed CCs.

I've had it absorb a heavy attack a few days ago. If it's not the case on the PTS then it can be considered ok.
    PC EU

• maxjapank
    maxjapank
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The Total Dark morph is only supposed to immobilize those attacking the Templar while providing a heal. No dmg. But I wonder how successful the immobilize will be given Shuffle’s snare and immobilization immunity.