Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

To all the people mad at the fact maintenance is going on right now:

• Thechemicals
    Thechemicals
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While I'm disappointed that the servers are down at 10 PM on Saturday night, it seems that they were taken down for very serious reasons.

The reason are the same ones since release and beta. The problems have had tickets, complaints on phone, threads made. However, now that the problem is out of hand...they act. Unfortunately they decided to finally act on saturday night.

Vr14 Templar since release- dual resto
    Vr14 Dk bow/2h

Brayan Blackthunder
    Goddick
    Daggerfall Covenant

• Natjur
    Natjur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There was more people complaining about unable to zone/log in, so I am glad they took the server down to fix that issue. I COULD log in before but could not zone to some area. So glad they are fixing this.

Just a little bummed, that the vampire (who gives you the bite) popped just as the server went down.
  • danielfroniuspub18_ESO
    danielfroniuspub18_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    I'd just like an ETA.
  • Alyrn_Grey
    Alyrn_Grey
    ✭✭✭
    I'd just like an ETA.

At a guess they don't have a clue.
  • Lalai
    Lalai
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've been reading the "this game should have been in beta for ____ amount of time longer" statements for every MMO release I've taken part of in the past 10 years. Quite literally. It's always the same routine.. open beta (or a very liberal closed beta in this case) and people talk about how the game isn't ready for release. Game releases, there are still bugs, emergency maintenances to fix issues, unscheduled downtime, server lag, some things rather hindering of progress, some things not. People always claim the MMO they're currently playing at launch is the worst launch they've ever been a part of.

Truth of it is, no matter how long a game or piece of computer software is tested, it's still going to end up with bugs when it finally does release. Some things just don't surface until you have massive, massive amounts of people using the stuff. Some problems (like the large majority of what people refer to as quest bugs) are only really problems when things are congested. In the case of ESO that means some of the quests get "stuck" in certain instances of that quest. That's why relogging works so well.. the quest itself works, it's something with how it handles a ton of people doing it at once that's causing it to be wonky. Find yourself a less populated instance, and for the most part you can continue on.

There are some major bugs going on, that truly do need emergency maintenance to fix. It sucks for me, I want to play.. but at the same time I realize that maybe it would be good to fix the issue where people are randomly losing the stuff in their bank.. preferably before it hits me. I'll never be mad at any company that brings something down in order to fix problems within it. I might be irritated, sure.. or more annoyed I guess.. but that's also the nature of technology and software. Perhaps that's why I don't feel entitled to anything when something like this occurs. I accept it as part of the industry because I know it's not realistic to expect a launch with no down time (and I'm not even referring to just MMOs here).
    Fisher extraordinaire!
    Send me your worms, crawlers, guts, and insect parts.
    Templar Healer
    Daggerfall Covenant, NA
  • Skjlvald
    Skjlvald
    ✭✭✭
    I'm mad.
    Ulyn Andrano

VR3 Dark Elf Dragonknight

Ebonheart Pact
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    We'll be opening the server in just a few minutes. :)
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Thechemicals
    Thechemicals
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skjlvald wrote: »
    I'm mad.

me too, well not mad mad, but mad. The forums keeping me in a good mood now.
    Vr14 Templar since release- dual resto
    Vr14 Dk bow/2h

Brayan Blackthunder
    Goddick
    Daggerfall Covenant

• Skjlvald
    Skjlvald
    ✭✭✭

Pftt. I'm mad!

I've heard that before, and it turned in to a few more hours.
    Edited by Skjlvald on April 13, 2014 5:48AM
    Ulyn Andrano

VR3 Dark Elf Dragonknight

Ebonheart Pact
  • Lalai
    Lalai
    ✭✭✭✭

Woot! Awesome to hear, and thanks for the update :D
    Fisher extraordinaire!
    Send me your worms, crawlers, guts, and insect parts.
    Templar Healer
    Daggerfall Covenant, NA
  • Lazrael
    Lazrael
    ✭✭✭
    Still kinda wish we'd been given an ETA.
    Artists and Theives...
  • cabbageub17_ESO
    cabbageub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    They are up apparently.
  • Cherryblossom
    Cherryblossom
    ✭✭✭✭✭

There is no truth there. These game breaking bugs dont appear when you want them to. People need to stop over reacting. Regardless of your individual feelings. You cant change the truth. The game has had one of the most stable launches. And in its week plus of existence has had less down time then just about every other MMOs launch in the same window of time.

Expecting the game to be fixed and issues to not arise because a Beta existed doesnt change the fact that bugs arent fixed with the snap of a finger.

Stable Launch would be based on overall performance, not just the fact the Server didn't fall apart on the first day launch.
    There have been 7 Maintenance in 14 days so once every 2 days! (https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/detail2/a_id/4320)
    There are and continue to be Quest Breaking Bugs, some of which are on Main Story Lines. There are not many MMO that can claim that! Please don't quote WOW that was what a million years ago.
    This has not in my opinion been a successful launch, which has made worse by a total failure to communicate by Zenimax.
    That said I still love the game and I'm hoping they get their stuff together and make this the game it has the potential to be.