The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Goliath Bash

Jabbs_Giggity
Jabbs_Giggity
✭✭✭✭✭
Current on Live Xbox One. In Cyrodiil with max res buffs at 30+K while blocking.

Why hasn't this been addressed? Goliath bash builds can take out full groups while solo.

o9iag4z8uq48.png

ciu3vem3juqz.png
  • Unified_Gaming
    Unified_Gaming
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's already been nerfed on PC live but with how xbox allows patches etc, it means you won't get the fix until scalebreaker. To put it in comparison those hits will be halved if not a third of their current damage.
    Dan
    Unified Gaming - creating a shared and Unified Gaming community.

For some of the best and most up to date PVP builds around or useful tips and tricks from an experienced player for PvP and PvE, then check out my channel and consider subscribing if you want to see regular ESO content.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCorbta-fAHKJcxJ6ExbtPwg/
  • Jabbs_Giggity
    Jabbs_Giggity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @DanBeatYou_xD thank you for the response. Was not in PTS notes so wasn't sure.
  • Excelsus
    Excelsus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Because a fully optimized Goliath build is useless while building ultimate. Specialized builds are healthy for the game, you sacrifice for a particular advantage but the enemy can capitlize on the weakness. I don't understand why pvp is so against werewolves, goliaths, templar tanks and other unique stuff besides that you cant just walk up and whirlwind it to death. Diversity and strategy is the key to keeping the game alive and healthy.
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's already been nerfed on PC live but with how xbox allows patches etc, it means you won't get the fix until scalebreaker. To put it in comparison those hits will be halved if not a third of their current damage.
    Dan

We got part of the update from 5.0.10, so the whole "it takes time for microsoft certification" thing doesn't really add up. ZOS just seems to have forgotten the part of 5.0.10 that made bashcros manageable.
  • Jabbs_Giggity
    Jabbs_Giggity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Excelsus wrote: »
    Because a fully optimized Goliath build is useless while building ultimate. Specialized builds are healthy for the game, you sacrifice for a particular advantage but the enemy can capitlize on the weakness. I don't understand why pvp is so against werewolves, goliaths, templar tanks and other unique stuff besides that you cant just walk up and whirlwind it to death. Diversity and strategy is the key to keeping the game alive and healthy.

They're definitely not useless. Most of these bash builds can tank heavy damage from 6-12 people while generated ulti then immediately gain 30k health and dump an entire group solo. That's not healthy in my book.
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

There's nothing diverse or strategic about AoE 14k crits every half second. I made one early on and it was ridiculous so I shelved it. Now it's rampant throughout PvP. It's a crutch, it's absurd, which is why it was fixed on PC a month ago.
  • Unified_Gaming
    Unified_Gaming
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sandman929 wrote: »
    Dan

We got part of the update from 5.0.10, so the whole "it takes time for microsoft certification" thing doesn't really add up. ZOS just seems to have forgotten the part of 5.0.10 that made bashcros manageable.

I played on xbox too and it was really apparent with Ark when patches were released but needed to go through the authentication process. That said, I'm unsure if ESO has the same limitations but considering it's been fixed for nearly a month on PC I'd assume it does or they can't apply hot fixes in the same way due to the limitation.
    Dan
    Edited by Unified_Gaming on July 29, 2019 3:53PM

For some of the best and most up to date PVP builds around or useful tips and tricks from an experienced player for PvP and PvE, then check out my channel and consider subscribing if you want to see regular ESO content.

• Jabbs_Giggity
    Jabbs_Giggity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't thought Elsweyr. Therefore haven't played Necro. However, Bloodspawn, VD + Pariah SNB goliath bash build = New bomb cancer on steroids.
  • RouDeR
    RouDeR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't worry, no one is using Bash morph on live, because it hits like a patato now ;)
    It was nerfed by around 60-70% via the Bash passive + the ultimate damage scaling
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dan

I played on xbox too and it was really apparent with Ark when patches were released but needed to go through the authentication process. That said, I'm unsure if ESO has the same limitations but considering it's been fixed for nearly a month on PC I'd assume it does.
    Dan

There is a process, so I expect a couple of weeks from PC to Console. What I'm saying is we got part of the update that included the fixes 2 weeks ago, but only part of it. So why would 5.0.10 only partially make that certification window? Maybe there's an answer, but ZOS isn't talking.
  • Unified_Gaming
    Unified_Gaming
    ✭✭✭✭
    I haven't thought Elsweyr. Therefore haven't played Necro. However, Bloodspawn, VD + Pariah SNB goliath bash build = New bomb cancer on steroids.

The changes to bash means it doesn't do enough damage in all honesty to bomb. If you build for it then you could likely get a decent spec but I don't feel it'll be enough to nuke groups like they can do now. You'd be better running a magden as you have proxy det, deep fissure, pulsar and permafrost all going at once.

• Unified_Gaming
    Unified_Gaming
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dan

I played on xbox too and it was really apparent with Ark when patches were released but needed to go through the authentication process. That said, I'm unsure if ESO has the same limitations but considering it's been fixed for nearly a month on PC I'd assume it does.
    Dan

There is a process, so I expect a couple of weeks from PC to Console. What I'm saying is we got part of the update that included the fixes 2 weeks ago, but only part of it. So why would 5.0.10 only partially make that certification window? Maybe there's an answer, but ZOS isn't talking.

That is beyond me as to who is at fault as for part of it being missed. As said, it could be Microsoft not allowing hot fixes but it could be zos just forgetting. Let's agree the performance on xbox needs a massive improvement in cyrodil - I don't miss the random crashes and having to reboot during a keep battle or when you push wondering if you're going crash and freeze or the enemy allowing free kills :blush:

• frostz417
    frostz417
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

The fact that you’re defending this shows your extreme ignorance