Maintenance for the week of March 18:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 18
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 19, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 1:00PM EDT (17:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

Forum account history wipe/deletion

Anhedonie
Anhedonie
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Is there a way to wipe out whole account history? As in removing all comments made from this account?
If not, can I request a deletion of this forum account?
Profanity filter is a crime against the freedom of speech. Also gags.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No means to remove you comments other than go through your history manually and edit each content to remove the comments. There also does not seem to be a means to remove the account at all. It is part of the history for as long as these forums exist.

yes, others have asked, the best you can get is a ban but that does not remove anything. It is not a big deal. Just stop coming here if you no longer want to be part of the forums.
  • Anhedonie
    Anhedonie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    No means to remove you comments other than go through your history manually and edit each content to remove the comments. There also does not seem to be a means to remove the account at all. It is part of the history for as long as these forums exist.

yes, others have asked, the best you can get is a ban but that does not remove anything. It is not a big deal. Just stop coming here if you no longer want to be part of the forums.

Shame, really. Thanks for the help anyway. Have a good day.
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you're an EU citizen you could try using the GDPR's 'right to be forgotten' facility, which the EU asserts will be applied to non-EU organisationn.

In the context of the GDPR you are able to withdraw your consent for your personal data to be processed and as such ZoS would be under a legal requirement to delete your name, address, etc. from the forums database.

In that case your account would cease to have any data that could identify you and therefore the posting history likely would simply 'disappear'.

I'm an not a lawyer, but do have some professional knowledge of the GDPR as a Data Protection Officer, if you really want to get your account deleted it's something you may want to try.
  • Anhedonie
    Anhedonie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    KerinKor wrote: »
    If you're an EU citizen you could try using the GDPR's 'right to be forgotten' facility, which the EU asserts will be applied to non-EU organisationn.

In the context of the GDPR you are able to withdraw your consent for your personal data to be processed and as such ZoS would be under a legal requirement to delete your name, address, etc. from the forums database.

In that case your account would cease to have any data that could identify you and therefore the posting history likely would simply 'disappear'.

I'm an not a lawyer, but do have some professional knowledge of the GDPR as a Data Protection Officer, if you really want to get your account deleted it's something you may want to try.

I completely forgot about that stuff, good gatch!
    But there isn't really any important data that would allow to identify me, so I think it's fine. I will just leave forums and won't participate in discussions anymore. Should be enough.

I DO appreciate your advise though!
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You're welcome, the 'right to be forgotten' is a major part of the GDPR as far as private individuals are concerned, many companies that in the past refused to delete a person's account will now become liable if they refuse in future.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anhedonie wrote: »
    idk wrote: »

Shame, really. Thanks for the help anyway. Have a good day.

It is pretty much the case with most forums. Besides your history in this forum not being that big of a deal, so much less important that actual major social media posts, you can pretty much expect any of your posts in any forum to be permanent. We still have threads going back to 2014 here.

Edit; you can go into settings and turn off notifications and when you receive an email from Zos to "unsubscribe" if you want to leave the game behind in total and not be reminded of your time here.
    Edited by idk on July 27, 2019 5:20PM
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Anhedonie

You can open a ticket with customer support to request the deletion of your forum account.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post