The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Do ZOS even acknowledge how laggy the game has become?

• EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EtTuBrutus wrote: »
    EtTuBrutus wrote: »
    I was under the impression that the recent skill standardization was an effort to reduce the server calculation load and improve performance. Of course, whether or not it helps remains to be seen. I'm about the last person on earth to defend ZOS and their pitiful poor performance, but at least they're trying to do something.

That is not what the standardization is out to do at all.. where did u get that impression?

100k gold says it gets worse.

200k gold says its because they overloaded animations to make them prettier and dog-piled the servers with physics related calculations like light rays coming off abilities in addition to the AOE healing checking for 6 targets in a 40man raid lol.

You really think the underlying issue of lag is why they are standardizing the tooltips of skills and sets? I call.

No I think it's then updating all the animations to be pretty and adding additional animations to server calcs. For example they added anew animation that uses the psyics of the engine to create a phased animation. Most of the effects shoot light Ray's all over the place too. And them adding AOE heals that are allied targets but capped at 6 so the game struggles to figure out which of the 100 players on the screen deserve the heal.

I agree that animations and checks are 90% of server lag. But that's not why they're doing the skill audit.
  • method__01
    method__01
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    this is new,never happen before and it consumes your siege engines in sec-cause the game assumes no1 is there.....

EAa-Rmp-QX4-AIi-1-A-copy.jpg
    Edited by method__01 on July 27, 2019 4:06PM
    PC EU/NA /// PS4 EU/NA

• Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, but fixing it would take more resources then they would like to spend at this time.

They have always been extreamily horrible in communicating on this subject.
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • Trancestor
    Trancestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    a1i3nz wrote: »
    The worst part is you buy the expansion, grind up a character, get your build put together, etc..and when you go to actually play (pvp anyway) it’s a garbage experience just like it was 5 years ago.

They don’t have a fix

The theory crafting, setting it all up part is a much more enjoyable experience than actually playing it in pvp lol, only reason i still play tbh.