Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Orcs Racial Passives Need Another Pass

• BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally I don’t think orcs need to be reworked at all. I think they are fine.
    Rather I think all the other stam races need to be reworked to bring them up to what an orc can do.
    (I hate calling for nerfs, I would rather other races get buffed.)
  • ATreeGnome
    ATreeGnome
    ✭✭✭✭
    BlueRaven wrote: »
    Personally I don’t think orcs need to be reworked at all. I think they are fine.
    Rather I think all the other stam races need to be reworked to bring them up to what an orc can do.
    (I hate calling for nerfs, I would rather other races get buffed.)

That would work too but then the magicka races would need to be buffed as well since some of the races have hybrid bonuses. The idea with changing the Orc health bonus isn't to outright nerf them but to give them a defensive/utility bonus that can't be so easily traded for an offensive bonus (max stamina). I'm scared that another full pass of all the races would just end up making the game less balanced.
  • SpankinDamob
    SpankinDamob
    ✭✭✭
    Orcs deserve extra stats cause their uglier then the other races 😁 That’s how it works. Just like getting vampirism. You get some nice bonus passives, but you’re ugly as hell.
  • DjMuscleboy02
    DjMuscleboy02
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ATreeGnome wrote: »
    The gap between races was never that big to begin with. Changes simply switched up the Meta. The difference between an Orc and the next best option now is a few thousand on even the best players and hardly noticeable on players who aren't as skilled.

I agree that many people probably couldn't tell a difference between parsing with an Orcs with a Dunmer. Honestly, lots of people probably couldn't tell the DPS difference in an Orc and a Breton with the same build. That doesn't mean we should just say "Screw it, balanced enough" when balance can be improved without hurting racial identity. If you can't tell the difference, then why do you care and if you can tell the difference, then why wouldn't you want more balance? It opens up options for those who currently enjoy endgame content and lowers barriers for those who might one day want to participate.

I see what you're saying, but what you're implying seems like complete homogenization of all classes. I think that's very dry and boring. There are minimal differences between classes currently. Yes, there are optimal classes, but you can play any class on any race and be just fine. I would honestly argue more for balance among sustain passive rather than hp or damage.
    Brodor - PC NA - ESO's only pure bodybuilding guild
    Hodor, but stronger
  • Dalsinthus
    Dalsinthus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In general I dislike nerfs. But in this case, I agree that Orcs are overtuned relative to other races. A modest adjustment like reducing their stam bonus to 1k or reducing their bonuses to health is warranted.
    Edited by Dalsinthus on July 26, 2019 12:47PM
  • Mrsinister2
    Mrsinister2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Orcs are the new argonians constantly sprinting around at high speeds resetting fights with huge damage and constant healz while attacking.

You can spec full damage with no regen or survival just by choosing orc :trollface:
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nerf orc, buff nord. a little bit.

August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Orcs are the new argonians constantly sprinting around at high speeds resetting fights with huge damage and constant healz while attacking.

You can spec full damage with no regen or survival just by choosing orc :trollface:

I don't think 300 health every 4 seconds in pvp counts as "constant healz". I get 40 times that with vigor (@3K every second), and 4 times that with crappy minor life steal (300 every second).

The hyperbole is strong with this one.
  • Mrsinister2
    Mrsinister2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    katorga wrote: »

I don't think 300 health every 4 seconds in pvp counts as "constant healz". I get 40 times that with vigor (@3K every second), and 4 times that with crappy minor life steal (300 every second).

The hyperbole is strong with this one.

I wasn't being serious I figured the troll face at the end would imply that.

Posts like that and threads like these are what got argonians nerfed to the bottom. Good luck to the orcs because this forum is relentless when something is perceived as OP
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I think all that’s needed is a little wood elf love to make them a better sustain race. Dodge roll speed and pen? Meh...

Magicka seem a lot better balanced imo. Idk what they were thinking when they did the stam side.
    Edited by Iskiab on July 26, 2019 10:53PM
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten