The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Trap beast vs Expert hunter

CMDR_Un1k0rn
CMDR_Un1k0rn
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Would expert hunter be a better fit for my crit heavy DD owing to the fact it offers a crit bonus simply for being slotted? Or would working on my rotation and more reliably deploying my trap result in a higher overall DPS?
In-game username: Un1korn | Happy member of the PCNA UESP guild (Resident Daggerfall Covenant enjoyer) | Main & basically only character: Crucian Vulpin, Imperial Dragonknight of the Daggerfall Covenant, and Undaunted Bulwark (I tank) | If you know me from PCEU: No
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Use pots for major savagery and use trap.
  • CMDR_Un1k0rn
    CMDR_Un1k0rn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Thank you. :)
    In-game username: Un1korn | Happy member of the PCNA UESP guild (Resident Daggerfall Covenant enjoyer) | Main & basically only character: Crucian Vulpin, Imperial Dragonknight of the Daggerfall Covenant, and Undaunted Bulwark (I tank) | If you know me from PCEU: No
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Smoking pot kills brain cells.

• CMDR_Un1k0rn
    CMDR_Un1k0rn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ChunkyCat wrote: »
    Smoking pot kills brain cells.

Haha, nice.
  • Donny_Vito
    Donny_Vito
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep. Rearming Trap is still essential for all Stam DPS. The damage plus Minor Crit Damage is very useful.

Then I went and looked it up.....did they get rid of Rearming Trap and change the morphs?
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Donny_Vito wrote: »
    Yep. Rearming Trap is still essential for all Stam DPS. The damage plus Minor Crit Damage is very useful.

Then I went and looked it up.....did they get rid of Rearming Trap and change the morphs?

Named barbed trap now.
    .Trap Beast:
    Increased the duration of the Damage over Time from this ability and the Lightweight Trap Beast morph to 10 seconds from 6 seconds.
    The Minor Force will now properly line up with the duration rather than being 2 seconds longer.
    Reduced the damage per tick by approximately 6%, and reduced the duration of the Immobilize on all morphs to 2 seconds.
    Reduced the base cost to 3240 from 3780.
    Lightweight Trap Beast (morph): This morph no longer ranks up the damage of the DoT, but instead reduces cost as it ranks up, to 2970 at Rank IV.
    Rearming Trap Beast (morph):
    Renamed this morph to Barbed Trap.
    This morph no longer places a new trap in the area after the original duration ends, but instead increases the duration of the DoT applied, up to 18 seconds at Rank IV. The damage per tick has increased by approximately 33%, since it was lower than the base morph
  • John_Falstaff
    John_Falstaff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Not quite got rid of, morphs are changed, but towards better - no more rearms, it just lasts longer (ex-rearming now lasts 18 seconds), and the damage is higher. Cost is lower too.
  • Donny_Vito
    Donny_Vito
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Not quite got rid of, morphs are changed, but towards better - no more rearms, it just lasts longer (ex-rearming now lasts 18 seconds), and the damage is higher. Cost is lower too.

Nice.....sorta scared to say this, but sounds like a buff
  • Grynnyl
    Grynnyl
    ✭✭✭
    What's the view on Re-Arming Trap vs Channeled Acceleration?
    ...For Within the Circle of His Sword, There Is Each Man a King...
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This. Good magicka builds don’t use inner light for the crit buff because we get the same crit buff from potions. Inner light gives a buff to max magicka which increases base damage and you don’t get that from hunter.

Reminiscing of the day all builds used hunter for the extra proc damage. Seems like so many years ago. Then again it was so many years ago. Lol
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grynnyl wrote: »
    What's the view on Re-Arming Trap vs Channeled Acceleration?

Trap is far better. Even if it did no damage, casting 2X barbed traps for 18s each is preferable to Channeled Acceleration for 36s, which takes 2 GCD’s and forces you to skip a light attack. And Barbed Trap actually does good damage, provides brief CC, and has good passives.