Any houses with grottos, ideally cave with waterfall and bioluminescent fungi?

ErinM31
ErinM31
✭✭✭✭✭
I’ve seen lots of options for proper formal houses but I was wondering whether there is a home that is or at least including a cave and waterfall, a sort of hides oasis. This would really suit my tastes! :3

Best Answers

• Zypheran
    Zypheran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You can always down-size a home like EarthTear and create something unique and grotto-like.
    See below

All my housing builds are available on YouTube
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCf3oJ_cxuu01HmWZJZ6KK6g?view_as=subscriber
    I am available for hire for custom builds, just PM me.
    Accepted Answer
  • ErinM31
    ErinM31
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @bluebird Thank you! I was hoping there was something a bit smaller (for my budget as well as desired feel!) and those last three aren’t available to me anyway as it looks like they’re part of expansions I don’t have yet (just started playing last week and got Elsweyr which came with Morrowind and Summerset and starting zone I believe).

I should also note that I am partial to Morrowind and Dunmer architecture. Velothi Reverie looks nice and maybe I could turn part of the outside area or basement into a grotto... But then too, I have always wanted a Telvanni Wizard’s tower... Perhaps I should save my crowns until it is available again and then decide... Do you know whether the classic medium residences tend to always be available in the crown store?

Looks like it I will also have to hunt for some of these decorations I want or wait for them to be available in the crown store — it is not always clear to me where they can be acquired and there are many references to Cold Harbour, with which I am not familiar...
  • StabbityDoom
    StabbityDoom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    or buy hundings and make one
    PC/NA
    EHT zealot
  • ErinM31
    ErinM31
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @bluebird Thank you so much for the info! :smiley: Morrowind and Summerset are the first zones I’m working toward completing in part for the decos (and of course I came to ESO in the first place to see Morrowind again and am not disappointed!). I will get a port to cold harbor and visit the decos vendor once I have more gold — thank you!

@bluebird and @Zypheran I’m amazed that you can not just decorate but build with the editor! If money (and deco limits!) were not an issue, I would consider turning Earthtear Cavern into something completely custom! :lol: I think the only larger place I’m considering is Tel Galen and will find a smaller place to modify for a grotto feel. Velothi seems a good choice to me since it’s built up against the mountain and of darker stone so I think I could make a grotto seem natural. :)

@StabbityDoom what are hundings? I apologize if it was a typo but I cannot figure out what it could mean.
  • StabbityDoom
    StabbityDoom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ErinM31 wrote: »
    @bluebird Thank you so much for the info! :smiley: Morrowind and Summerset are the first zones I’m working toward completing in part for the decos (and of course I came to ESO in the first place to see Morrowind again and am not disappointed!). I will get a port to cold harbor and visit the decos vendor once I have more gold — thank you!

@bluebird and @Zypheran I’m amazed that you can not just decorate but build with the editor! If money (and deco limits!) were not an issue, I would consider turning Earthtear Cavern into something completely custom! :lol: I think the only larger place I’m considering is Tel Galen and will find a smaller place to modify for a grotto feel. Velothi seems a good choice to me since it’s built up against the mountain and of darker stone so I think I could make a grotto seem natural. :)

@StabbityDoom what are hundings? I apologize if it was a typo but I cannot figure out what it could mean.

Hundings is a house, if you select U to look at collections, it should be there for preview on the housing tab
    PC/NA
    EHT zealot
  • ErinM31
    ErinM31
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Hundings is a house, if you select U to look at collections, it should be there for preview on the housing tab

Ahh, another of the large estates (I don’t know why I assumed that “hundings” referred to a type of decor). I should have added the stipulation “grottos on a budget” to this thread! :lol:

If I were to buy a large estate for this, I think Earthtear Cavern would be the best choice since it has lots of water and several waterfalls. :)
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Dojohoda wrote: »
    The smallest home with a nice big waterfall is Strident Springs Demesne. I think it costs 1.2 million gold.

If you have access to the PTS, you could try making a cave at some of the houses that you like.

You do have to have the Imperial digital upgrade to be able to buy Strident Springs.
  • ErinM31
    ErinM31
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The free and large Elswyer house, once opened by doing the quests, will grant you a lovely space with a waterfall. A cave can be made there with lots of volcanic rock pieces.

I agree Earthtear Cavern would be the a best choice!

Sorry I missed your posts earlier, @Dojohoda! Nice to know that the Elsweyr house has a waterfall too!
    Sylvermynx wrote: »
    The smallest home with a nice big waterfall is Strident Springs Demesne. I think it costs 1.2 million gold.

If you have access to the PTS, you could try making a cave at some of the houses that you like.

You do have to have the Imperial digital upgrade to be able to buy Strident Springs.

Smallest?! Unless I looked up the wrong thing, Strident Springs Demense is another notable home! :lol: It is strange if it requires the related DLC while other homes do not.

Earthtear Cavern certainly offers lots of options but is too much for me just now. Just started the game, only level 15, and poor, lol! But I like to start thinking about these these things, you know? :) I will save up my crowns, see what furnishings I can find and make, visit these various estates and figure out what might best suit me, and what I can afford when... The notable homes are only infrequently offered, right?
  • wishlist14
    wishlist14
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd love a home with bioluminescent fun guy....my guy is cranky and dull...he's quitting skoomah 😜
  • StabbityDoom
    StabbityDoom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The difference being thought Earthtear can only be purchased with crowns (real money) while Hundings can be purchased with gold.
    PC/NA
    EHT zealot
  • Watchdog
    Watchdog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Smallest?! Unless I looked up the wrong thing, Strident Springs Demense is another notable home! :lol: It is strange if it requires the related DLC while other homes do not.

Earthtear Cavern certainly offers lots of options but is too much for me just now. Just started the game, only level 15, and poor, lol! But I like to start thinking about these these things, you know? :) I will save up my crowns, see what furnishings I can find and make, visit these various estates and figure out what might best suit me, and what I can afford when... The notable homes are only infrequently offered, right?

Houses come in several sizes (items limit without ESO+/with ESO+):
    • Inn Room (15/30)
    • Apartment (50/100)
    • Small (100/200)
    • Medium (200/400)
    • Large (300/600)
    • Manor (350/700)

Notable Homes can be of two sizes - Large and Manor.

See a full list of available homes here:

https://eso.mmo-fashion.com/homes-list/
    Member of Alith Legion: https://www.alithlegion.com