Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Any houses with grottos, ideally cave with waterfall and bioluminescent fungi?

Araneae6537
Araneae6537
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
I’ve seen lots of options for proper formal houses but I was wondering whether there is a home that is or at least including a cave and waterfall, a sort of hides oasis. This would really suit my tastes! :3

Best Answers

• bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Check out Earthtear Cavern, it is a very natural open plan home with lots of water. It is inside a cavern so technically the whole thing is a giant cave, and it's mostly surrounded by cliffs so it would be easy to add some boulders and rocks to build some smaller caves on the sides if that's what you want. It has not only one, but two waterfalls. :smile:
    350?cb=20170301214047

Another option would be the Colossal Aldmeri Grotto, although that is a limited time offer. It includes a ship and some Altmer ruins, but the house is similarly in a cavern so you can easily build smaller caves in its interior. It is also in a natural setting and has a large amount of sea access, as well as two waterfalls.
    beach-08.jpg?fit=1920%2C1080&ssl=1

Other options you may wish to consider are Hunter's Glade (limited time, not very cave-like, but it has a wild natural vibe, lots of water, and comes with its own bioluminescent fungi by default), Grand Topal Hideaway (limited time, an island with a volcano rather than a hidden cave, but has a waterfall, sea access and huge areas of nature to build upon), and Lakemire Xanmeer Manor (another limited time house, surrounded by a lake and a huge waterfall, and you could use the inside of the Xanmeer as an underwater cave).

I think Earthtear would be the best home for your needs, but if you get creative you can built a hidden oasis in any home, really. You can get bioluminescent fungi as furniture items in any home, you can get a large variety of rocks and boulders to build a cave, and there's even the Waterfall furnishing from the Summerset achievement vendor.
    Answer ✓
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @ErinM31 In that case, welcome! :smiley: Hope you'll enjoy the game and housing!

Even though some houses are located in DLC areas, you can purchase them even if you don't own the DLC - you'll be able to teleport inside your house as normal, it's just that its door won't allow you to exit into the DLC zone but will take you back to your previous location instead (e.g. The Observatory Prior is located in the Clockwork City but you don't need the CWC DLC to purchase it).

Yes all classic residences are always available in the Crown Store (the basic small medium and large houses for every race), so Velothi Reverie will stay in the store. Tel Galen may return for Black Friday, otherwise you'll probably have to wait until the next Morrowind Celebration Event (or if you can't wait you can try contacting support if they can maybe sell it to you off-season :wink:). But yes, when it comes to the classic houses there's no rush, take your time to decide.

Some other homes-with-gardens that also have waterfalls are Serenity Falls Estate (but that's also a huge one), Strident Springs Demesne (slightly smaller), Halls of the Lunar Champion (very strongly Khajiit-style but it's free with Elsweyr if you do the questline :smile:), as well as Jode's Embrace and Moon-Sugar Meadow (homes in Elsweyr but these two haven't been released yet). But if you get the Waterfall, Small Everlasting furnishing item from the Summerset achievment vendor (it takes some time to unlock that achievement), you can add your own waterfall to any home.
    Waterfall-Small-Everlasting-1-1.jpg

You mentioned liking Dunmer homes - you could check out Ald Velothi Harbor House or Amaya Lake Lodge. Both are located in Vvardenfell (the Morrowind DLC), they are purchasable with gold or crowns (and for far less than the Grotto or the Cavern I recommended earlier), and they both have good-sized gardens, and Amaya even has a small lake. Otherwise, yes, you could totally redesign Velothi Reverie's garden into a grotto (I covered mine with boulders to make it into a dark cultist's cave :grimace:)

iu2jcyi6uixf.png

If you're looking for furnishings, ESO Fashion is generally a great resource that will give you the information that you seek (https://eso.mmo-fashion.com/furnishings-by-type/). The references to Coldharbour you saw are likely referring to Zanil Theran, the luxury furnishing vendor who can be found in Coldharbour on weekends, and sells different luxury furniture every week throughout the year. Coldharbour is a zone, you can find it on the outer ring if you zoom out further from your Tamriel map. Besides waiting for the questline that takes you there, you can also ask another player to help teleport you to Coldharbor. :smile:
    Answer ✓
  • Zypheran
    Zypheran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You can always down-size a home like EarthTear and create something unique and grotto-like.
    See below
    https://youtu.be/hhk0kS26jXI
    All my housing builds are available on YouTube
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCf3oJ_cxuu01HmWZJZ6KK6g?view_as=subscriber
    I am happy to share the EHT save files for most of my builds.
    Answer ✓
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you want a cave you can also buy one of the smaller and cheaper houses (Even for in game gold) and then use big rocks, plants and stuff to make it look like a cave. :)

I'm currently turning the Twin Arches house into a desert cave using a whole bunch of rocks! With some good placement and imagination you can do quite a lot with the most unthinkable bases.
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
    Answer ✓
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The smallest home with a nice big waterfall is Strident Springs Demesne. I think it costs 1.2 million gold.

If you have access to the PTS, you could try making a cave at some of the houses that you like.
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
    Answer ✓
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The free and large Elswyer house, once opened by doing the quests, will grant you a lovely space with a waterfall. A cave can be made there with lots of volcanic rock pieces.

I agree Earthtear Cavern would be the a best choice!

Edited by Dojohoda on July 23, 2019 11:44PM
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
    Answer ✓
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @bluebird Thank you! I was hoping there was something a bit smaller (for my budget as well as desired feel!) and those last three aren’t available to me anyway as it looks like they’re part of expansions I don’t have yet (just started playing last week and got Elsweyr which came with Morrowind and Summerset and starting zone I believe).

I should also note that I am partial to Morrowind and Dunmer architecture. Velothi Reverie looks nice and maybe I could turn part of the outside area or basement into a grotto... But then too, I have always wanted a Telvanni Wizard’s tower... Perhaps I should save my crowns until it is available again and then decide... Do you know whether the classic medium residences tend to always be available in the crown store?

Looks like it I will also have to hunt for some of these decorations I want or wait for them to be available in the crown store — it is not always clear to me where they can be acquired and there are many references to Cold Harbour, with which I am not familiar...
  • StabbityDoom
    StabbityDoom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    or buy hundings and make one
    PC/NA
    EHT zealot
    streamer: http://twitch.tv/stabbitydoom
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @bluebird Thank you so much for the info! :smiley: Morrowind and Summerset are the first zones I’m working toward completing in part for the decos (and of course I came to ESO in the first place to see Morrowind again and am not disappointed!). I will get a port to cold harbor and visit the decos vendor once I have more gold — thank you!

@bluebird and @Zypheran I’m amazed that you can not just decorate but build with the editor! If money (and deco limits!) were not an issue, I would consider turning Earthtear Cavern into something completely custom! :lol: I think the only larger place I’m considering is Tel Galen and will find a smaller place to modify for a grotto feel. Velothi seems a good choice to me since it’s built up against the mountain and of darker stone so I think I could make a grotto seem natural. :)

@StabbityDoom what are hundings? I apologize if it was a typo but I cannot figure out what it could mean.
  • StabbityDoom
    StabbityDoom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ErinM31 wrote: »
    @bluebird Thank you so much for the info! :smiley: Morrowind and Summerset are the first zones I’m working toward completing in part for the decos (and of course I came to ESO in the first place to see Morrowind again and am not disappointed!). I will get a port to cold harbor and visit the decos vendor once I have more gold — thank you!

@bluebird and @Zypheran I’m amazed that you can not just decorate but build with the editor! If money (and deco limits!) were not an issue, I would consider turning Earthtear Cavern into something completely custom! :lol: I think the only larger place I’m considering is Tel Galen and will find a smaller place to modify for a grotto feel. Velothi seems a good choice to me since it’s built up against the mountain and of darker stone so I think I could make a grotto seem natural. :)

@StabbityDoom what are hundings? I apologize if it was a typo but I cannot figure out what it could mean.

Hundings is a house, if you select U to look at collections, it should be there for preview on the housing tab
    PC/NA
    EHT zealot
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Hundings is a house, if you select U to look at collections, it should be there for preview on the housing tab

Ahh, another of the large estates (I don’t know why I assumed that “hundings” referred to a type of decor). I should have added the stipulation “grottos on a budget” to this thread! :lol:

If I were to buy a large estate for this, I think Earthtear Cavern would be the best choice since it has lots of water and several waterfalls. :)
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dojohoda wrote: »
    The smallest home with a nice big waterfall is Strident Springs Demesne. I think it costs 1.2 million gold.

If you have access to the PTS, you could try making a cave at some of the houses that you like.

You do have to have the Imperial digital upgrade to be able to buy Strident Springs.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The free and large Elswyer house, once opened by doing the quests, will grant you a lovely space with a waterfall. A cave can be made there with lots of volcanic rock pieces.

I agree Earthtear Cavern would be the a best choice!

Sorry I missed your posts earlier, @Dojohoda! Nice to know that the Elsweyr house has a waterfall too!
    Sylvermynx wrote: »

You do have to have the Imperial digital upgrade to be able to buy Strident Springs.

Smallest?! Unless I looked up the wrong thing, Strident Springs Demense is another notable home! :lol: It is strange if it requires the related DLC while other homes do not.

Earthtear Cavern certainly offers lots of options but is too much for me just now. Just started the game, only level 15, and poor, lol! But I like to start thinking about these these things, you know? :) I will save up my crowns, see what furnishings I can find and make, visit these various estates and figure out what might best suit me, and what I can afford when... The notable homes are only infrequently offered, right?
  • wishlist14
    wishlist14
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd love a home with bioluminescent fun guy....my guy is cranky and dull...he's quitting skoomah 😜
  • StabbityDoom
    StabbityDoom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The difference being thought Earthtear can only be purchased with crowns (real money) while Hundings can be purchased with gold.
    PC/NA
    EHT zealot
  • Watchdog
    Watchdog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Smallest?! Unless I looked up the wrong thing, Strident Springs Demense is another notable home! :lol: It is strange if it requires the related DLC while other homes do not.

Earthtear Cavern certainly offers lots of options but is too much for me just now. Just started the game, only level 15, and poor, lol! But I like to start thinking about these these things, you know? :) I will save up my crowns, see what furnishings I can find and make, visit these various estates and figure out what might best suit me, and what I can afford when... The notable homes are only infrequently offered, right?

Houses come in several sizes (items limit without ESO+/with ESO+):
    • Inn Room (15/30)
    • Apartment (50/100)
    • Small (100/200)
    • Medium (200/400)
    • Large (300/600)
    • Manor (350/700)

Notable Homes can be of two sizes - Large and Manor.

See a full list of available homes here:

https://eso.mmo-fashion.com/homes-list/
    Member of Alith Legion: https://www.alithlegion.com