The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Can we please get rid of the GCD to get in and out of overload

Pdoherty4637_ESO
Pdoherty4637_ESO
✭✭✭
Title. The 1 second it takes to enter and exit this ultimate is the single biggest problem holding it back from effective use in small scale PVP (yes, it does have other issues). Given that ultimate generation is still turned off while this ability is active and not light attacking to conserve ultimate for a burst window is a huge DPS loss, activating the ultimate before it is needed is not a good option. Even with properly timed CC, using this ultimate in a small burst window is next to impossible against a skilled player due to the huge delay (1-1.5 seconds) between activating the skill and when the first light/heavy attack goes off. This is less of an issue in group play but solo the GCD prevents any skillful use of burst damage, and imo it has no reason to be there.
  • Giljabrar
    Giljabrar
    ✭✭✭✭
    I haven't tested this on PTS, unsure if it got affected at all by the cast time changes to ultimates, but the animation for engaging overload can be cancelled.

I run infused weapon damage backbar, and have haunting curse back there (so I start my combo off with LA + Haunting and proc my backbar enchant). So I activate overload on frontbar, barswap cancel, then go on from there.

I don't think this is a huge issue tbh. I would welcome it's removal, but I don't think it's necessary.
    Options