The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Siege Rams

Docmandu
Docmandu
✭✭✭✭✭
With the increase to damage from siege, siege rams are nearly useless.. they break down extremely fast and give little to no protection whatsoever to the people driving the ram.. which means you're much better off NOT using a ram to take a keep.

Maybe the rams should get some boosts / tweaks to protect the people driving them (ie. like it was in DAoC, where people on the ram got a reduction to incoming damage).. and the ram could use a boost to hit points before breaking down.

Taking down a gate should be easier than taking down an entire wall, should it not?
  • Minack
    Minack
    ✭✭✭
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Docmandu wrote: »
    With the increase to damage from siege, siege rams are nearly useless.. they break down extremely fast and give little to no protection whatsoever to the people driving the ram.. which means you're much better off NOT using a ram to take a keep.

Maybe the rams should get some boosts / tweaks to protect the people driving them (ie. like it was in DAoC, where people on the ram got a reduction to incoming damage).. and the ram could use a boost to hit points before breaking down.

Taking down a gate should be easier than taking down an entire wall, should it not?

Isn't this what Siege Weapon Shield is for?
  • McDoogs
    McDoogs
    ✭✭✭✭
    rams are only for capping undefended keeps, duh. I dont even bother packing them up
  • LuciusOctavio
    LuciusOctavio
    ✭✭✭
    Rams are used for some of the best offensive teams, who stack siege shield. Heals for days. You know you dealing with a dedicated crew that runs a ram and the ram/players stay alive through a barrage of oils. 2 to 3 siege shields, and they take keeps fast.

• frozywozy
    frozywozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    When I opened this thread, I thought it was gonna be about how the ram is constantly drunk, spinning around and sometimes jumping on top of the gate house. I am fairly disappointed.
    Frozn - Stamdk - AR50
    Frosted - Magplar - AR50
    Frodn - Magden - AR50
    Warmed - Magblade - AR50
    Mmfrozy - Magsorc - AR44
    Necrozn - Magcro - AR32
    Twitch.TV/FrozyTV
    PvP Group Builds

“Small minds discuss people, average minds discuss events, and great minds discuss ideas.” -Eleanor Roosevelt
    • Fix Volendrung (spawn location - weapon white on the map causing the wielder to keep it forever - usable with emperorship)
    • Remove / Change CPs System, remove current CP/noCP campaigns and introduce one 30days with lock, one with no locks
    • Fix crashes when approaching a keep under attack because of bad / wrong rendering prioritization system
    • Change emperorship to value faction score points and not alliance points - see this and this
    • Fix long loading screens (mostly caused by players joining group out of rendering range)
    • Add 2 more quickslots to the wheel or add a different wheel for sieges weaponry only
    • Fix Balista Bolts not dealing damage on walls or doors if deployed at a certain place
    • Release bigger battlegrounds with 8 to 16 players per team and only two teams
    • Fix the permanent block animation - see examples : link1 link2 link3 link4 link5
    • Gives players 10 minutes to get back into Cyrodiil after relogging / crashing
    • Add a function to ignore the Claiming system of useless rewards
    • Improve the Mailing System / Rewards of the Worthy stacking
    • Assign specific group sizes to specific campaigns (24-16-8)
    • Make forward camps impossible to place near objectives
    • Make snares only available from ground effects abilities
    • Change emperorship to last minimum 24hours
    • Fix body sliding after cc breaking too quickly
    • Remove Block Casting through Battle Spirit
    • Fix the speed drop while jumping - see video
    • Fix loading screens when keeps upgrade
    • Fix Rams going crazy (spinning around)
    • Bring back dynamic ulti regeneration
    • Fix speed bug (abilities locked)
    • Introduce dynamic population
    • Lower population cap by 20%
    • Add Snare Immunity potions
    • Bring resurrection sickness
    • Fix character desync
    • Fix cc breaking bug
    • Fix gap closer bug
    • Fix health desync
    • Fix combat bug
    • Fix streak bug
    • Fix server lag
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rams are used for some of the best offensive teams, who stack siege shield. Heals for days. You know you dealing with a dedicated crew that runs a ram and the ram/players stay alive through a barrage of oils. 2 to 3 siege shields, and they take keeps fast.

Aaaaaand... when that happens people come to the forum to share their salty tears.

Sieging in general (and I say this as someone who doesn't mind the increased damage), could stand to use a little tweaking, take cold fire weapons now, the knob on them could be turned down just a tad.
  • Sacredx
    Sacredx
    ✭✭✭
    Except for the latest bug where the ram randomly moves, goes up to the top of the gate or magically disappears the mechanics are fine. If sieging a defended keep with oils you need a siege shield and a way to sustain your team and you will survive through just about anything. 2 oils or 6 oils no problems. You need to play as a team and work together. Solo pugs or 1vxers generally will not be able to achieve this and stick to ranged siege.
    PC NA PvP Oceanic
    The Kelly Gang [TKG]
    Highest kill streak: https://i.imgur.com/V6jJhoy.png
    KB sample: https://i.imgur.com/n7TFyZr.png
    TKG raid sample: https://youtube.com/watch?v=RkrsHg3T7pc
  • Nermy
    Nermy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    frozywozy wrote: »
    When I opened this thread, I thought it was gonna be about how the ram is constantly drunk, spinning around and sometimes jumping on top of the gate house. I am fairly disappointed.

Same here!

Lucky for you I made a post about it here.
    @Nermy
    Ex-Leader of The Wabbajack [EU EP PvP guild - Now stood down from active duty]
    BLOOD FOR THE PACT!!!

Nermden - EP Warden, Nerm-in'a'tor - EP Dragon Knight, N'erm - EP Sorcerer, D'arkness - EP Nightblade, Nermy - EP Templar

“Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.” ― Oscar Wilde

"An Army is a team; lives, sleeps, eats, fights as a team. This individual heroic stuff is a lot of crap." -General George S. Patton