The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[BUILD] Necromancer Tank Healer - Life N'Death

James-Wayne
James-Wayne
✭✭✭✭✭
Sharing my Necromancer Tank Healer Build, Life N’Death!

This build was built with one thing in mind, the ability to provide heals as well as control and provide Buffs and Debuffs to enable 3 DPS in the group. This build is not for Trials, you cannot provide enough heals for 12 people so you will need dedicated healers for that type of content. It’s also not for any PvP content but it is successful in every other type of content including Arenas. Let’s get started!

weXzB4hSvtjh.png

Character Overview – To provide everything we do we need lots of Health, Magicka, Magicka Recovery and Resistances. The little bit of Stamina will be enough for breaking free or bashing should you need it.
1. Necromancer has a lot in its kit which is why Necromancer is best for this type of build.
2. Argonian allows us to sustain very well, no other Race can provide this.
3. All points into Magicka and The Lord Mundus will give us the Health, best of both worlds.
4. Vampire Stage 2 for the recovery buffs, Stage 4 is just as good.
5. Witchmother’s Potent Brew is the only current option here.

Skills Overview – Our skills provide TONS of healing for yourself and the group, Debuffs and group buffs plus two abilities that cost nothing to use. Damage mitigation on this build is insane, probably almost overkill but your job is to protect 3 DPS so they can do their job so it’s perfectly fine!
1. Mend Spirit provides heals on Light/Heavy attack and provides Major Resolve/Ward to group (You don’t need to damage, you have 3 DPS for that job).
2. Deliberation passive provides Major Protection while using Mend Spirit (heavy lightning attack is classified as channelling, yes it’s OP).
3. Concentrated Barrier passive provides 5k damage shield on block.
4. Spirit Guardian heals and takes 10% damage.
5. Empowering Grasp provides Minor Maim, Empower buff and Spirit Guardian buff.
6. Hex Proof removes negative effects and reduces ability costs.
7. Inner Rage provides ranged taunt and Group Synergy.
8. Ravenous Goliath provides additional healing via light/heavy attacks, stacks with Mend Spirit.
9. Blockade of Frost slows and chills enemies.
10. Unnerving Boneyard provides AOE Major Breach/Fracture and a Group Synergy.
11. Agony Totem provides Minor Protection and a Group Synergy.
12. Beckoning Armor provides Major Resolve/Ward and pulls ranged attackers.
13. Mortal Coil provides Healing buff and source of Stamina sustain.
14. Undead Confederate provides Recovery buffs for Magicka and Stamina
15. Pestilent Colossus provides Major Vulnerability.

Sets Overview – Players usually say all sets need to provide group support otherwise they are selfish, well I disagree. If you can provide the Heals, Buffs, Debuffs and Crowd Control like this build has than it’s not selfish at all. Ebon Armor is great for Trials with 12 people but it only provides 1k health to the group so in 4 man content when you are providing so much more it’s just not worth it.
1. Lord Warden provides 3.8k Resistances (9k Resistance with Mend Spirit ability)
2. Warrior-Poet provides Resistances and Health (Plague Doctor only provides Health so it’s not as good)
3. Bright Throat provides Magicka and Magicka Recovery
4. Lightning Staff provides Minor Vulnerability and Infused Crusher
5. Ice Staff provides Taunt and Weakening plus Shield from CP on block

Champion Point Discussion – You can reduce the CP from Spell Shield and Heavy Armor Focus as you can get the resistance from Lord Warden buff BUT having it in CP means it’s always up. Again as this is not a trial build there is one set of CP for all Dungeon & Arena content which makes things cheaper and simpler for you to manage, especially console players as I can’t imagine how hard it is without mods to manage this stuff.

I understand some players will be sceptical of this build as the “META” controls what players think so I’m perfectly fine in receiving player feedback that tells me I am wrong however any comments and/or question you have please ask otherwise I hope you like this unique build.
PERTH, AUSTRALIA | PC | NA | @Aussie-Elders

TENTH ANNIVERSARY - Thanks for sticking with us for 10 years.
James-Wayne you earned this badge 9:56AM on 4th of February 2024.
529 people have also earned this badge.
  • Kuratius
    Kuratius
    ✭✭✭
    I'd probably try:
    Imperial instead of Argonian,
    Ebon /Torug's pact instead of Warrior poet,
    Yolnakriin instead of Bright throat.
    You only have 10k stamina, and Argonian.passive is only every 45 seconds, and necro sustain skills aren't very good. To healtank say vet Moon hunter keep with this you'd need different food to manage the dodge rolls on the third last boss without running out of stamina.
    Mend spirit is probably a nice idea, but I feel like it would get annoying to constantly turn it on and off to proc your front bar enchantment on the boss. Also if you're channelling a free heal anyways, might as well choose high elf.

There's also some merit to choosing to front bar an ice staff and backbar a resto, this patch with rapid regen, next patch probably something like healing springs, depends on how things turn
    out. You're not losing much b/c you'll be able to get your minor vulnerability from the agony totem anyways.
    Edited by Kuratius on July 23, 2019 8:05AM
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will still call it selfish.on my nb tank I wear ebon, olorime, symphony, like previous comment suggested, yes, frost/resto setup, it was created for 3 dd runs. When i need to be more tanky i swap olorime for perfected yol. Then again nb is a beast for tanking right now so lets give the example of my non pet tank (not really tank, dd with different gear) sorc. Ebon+jorvulds, provides warhorns on cooldown with orbs for everyone. Up till now had only problems healerless in vet dlc hm(s/b+lightening).

things i can't understand: the lightening staff front bar(seemingly for no reason), the lack of use of any stamina abilities (pull and bone armor, cause the necro skill is unreliable imho for chaining adds), i can't see any self heal(might missing it cause not familiar with necromancer skills). Your resistances are over cap when warden procs. Barrier for mag regen and group utility, much better than the colossus ult imho. Might be missing some other things which are just bad in this build (the need to drop block to heal allies), but it is kinda meh.
    Edit: the amount of heals u bring to the group is smaller than just using blood altar, which also provides a synergy
    Edit 2: minor vulnerability from lightening staff has low chance to even proc
    Edit 3: i noticed just now but, man, no eledrain. I am sorry but you provide waaaayyy too little for the group to be called healer tank.
    Edit 4:
    Edit 5: removed edit 4, still waiting for insight on all the points i have pointed.
    Edit 6: u said something about stamina sustain in the post (even though you have no stamina abilities and god knows why would you want to block on your resto staff, ok maybe for projectile mag recovery). If you care about stamina sustain, put more attributes in health, and swap enchants to tri stats instead of health ones.
    Edit 7: you stack on mag recovery when blocking on ice staff stops it.

TL;DR
    It provides barely any support. It is not using a whole resource pool (stamina). It uses selfish sets needlessly. In tank heavy fights you have low survivability and no way to support team.
    Edited by zvavi on July 24, 2019 6:57AM
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Interesting build. It works best with 3 stamina DD you know but not sure how pug friendly it would be on vet.
  • Grianasteri
    Grianasteri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My Necrotonk is specked into doing more damage, he does around 3 times the damage the average tonk does, but can still tonk most vet content effectively.

My usual partner in crime, made a Necrotonkhealer along similar lines as yourself, though utilising a wider range of skills from other trees, you seem to have gone really heavy for the class skills, which is of course great if it works for you.

One question though, I am perplexed as to why you are not running the resurrection ulti? I've saved wipes by rezing the whole group multiple times now in dungeon content, its a great feeling and you just know everyone is thinking, "thats a wipe". Ive even been told to wipe so we can reset... but no, I was just tonking till my ulti was back, then boom, up you get folks!

Because the Necro can recover ulti so fast, for me I disagree with many who say its not viable to have on a bar, because I have seen how powerful it can be.