Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Why can i NOT see the year posts are posted on forums? I only see what day it was posted.(resolved )

wishlist14
wishlist14
✭✭✭✭✭
Recently i received an angry remark because i replied to a players post and the post was old so they thought i was being a smart ass. Well it doesnt say the year so i only get date and if its same month and close to date im on i dont realise its a year old post dammit.

I look but theres no year. So help please can someone show me where the year is and why are old posts kept open then? Not only do i hate upsetting people but its also embarrassing and frustrating
Edited by wishlist14 on July 24, 2019 6:49AM
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Capture.jpg
    Edited by Sharee on July 24, 2019 6:12AM
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you are on mobile, I see the Date posted right under the poster's name.

So for a post older than this year, it qould say:

VaranisArano
    March 2018

[Comment]
  • wishlist14
    wishlist14
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Sharee

Thank you so much you have saved me from endless frustration. I see now why I could not view date...mine shows time where your one shows the date and year. When I mouse over the time then it shows me the date and year ….i'll have to be more careful mouse over that are. Wish I could set it to just show the year ….where you marked it in red .

much appreciated :)
  • wishlist14
    wishlist14
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you are on mobile, I see the Date posted right under the poster's name.

So for a post older than this year, it qould say:

VaranisArano
    March 2018

[Comment]

thank you...I appreciate your reply :)
  • wishlist14
    wishlist14
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This will probably sound silly but I had a bad day today and your helpful replies cheered me up. A little kindness can really help someone. :)<3
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wishlist14 wrote: »
    @Sharee

Thank you so much you have saved me from endless frustration. I see now why I could not view date...mine shows time where your one shows the date and year. When I mouse over the time then it shows me the date and year ….i'll have to be more careful mouse over that are. Wish I could set it to just show the year ….where you marked it in red .

It should dynamically change. New posts show time(8:29AM), a little older posts show month and day (July 19), and posts from previous years should show month and year (December 2018).

And mouse-over shows the complete date, apparently (i didn't actually know this ;))
    Edited by Sharee on July 24, 2019 6:46AM
  • wishlist14
    wishlist14
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sharee wrote: »
    wishlist14 wrote: »
    @Sharee

It should dynamically change. New posts show time(8:29AM), a little older posts show month and day (July 19), and posts from previous years should show month and year (December 2018).

And mouse-over shows the complete date, apparently (i didn't actually know this ;))

thank you :)<3