The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Your preference for PVP healer class.

DocFrost72
DocFrost72
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
In context: going to make a pug healer (to play when I get bored of my damage dealer).

Preference can because it is fun to play, because it is effective, or because you want me to pick an awful choice and mislead me.

Edit: Don't know what a templare is but my phone seems to. Assume it reads "Templar".
Edited by DocFrost72 on July 19, 2019 7:18PM

Your preference for PVP healer class. 64 votes

Dragonknight
4%
DemonDruagaWaltherCarrawaystritzi 3 votes
Templare
37%
Lord_BidrSFxxKANExxKartalinTaleof2CitiesXarcTravestynoxKr3doKyuremBlackgepe87urezzzVeeskLaveniaRoseStarlight_KnightReaper_00EdoKeledusThePedgeccmedaddyBhelenBoraxFluxLoreToo 24 votes
Sorcerer
3%
CalboyNeloth 2 votes
Warden
23%
PinesyTryxushollywoodcsaba.isoniceb17_ESOMojomonkeymanFreakin_HytteMorgul667tt_rs3WildRaptorXcolossalvoids_Ahala_MaxJrFTWIshtharoeriobaselinestun 15 votes
Nightblade
20%
kaithuzarIruil_ESOKoensolkollege14a5brandonv516MetemsycosissusmitdsFakeFoxNuarBlackMrsinister2IskiabColdus12stormgard88 13 votes
Necromancer
4%
Most_AwesomeFermianViveun 3 votes
Other
1%
Lady_CC_ 1 vote
I hope you step on a lego:tm:
4%
Anti_Virusdarkblue5Fawn4287 3 votes
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nightblade
    Some of the things I like about my PvP NB healer:

-High burst heal that doesn't use main resource
    -High group burst heal ultimate + Major Vitality
    -Snare removal + Major Evasion
    -Group Major Expedition
    -15% damage reduction (soon will be 10%)
    -Cloak + Shade to disengage when pressured

Very different experience than playing a healer like Warden or Templar.

Can be played in light armor or heavy armor - just a matter of preference.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nightblade
    Right now the best pvp healers are NBs and Wardens, they’re also the most fun. Might change after the patch.

I have a templar, NB and Warden at cap for comparison.
    Edited by Iskiab on July 19, 2019 7:42PM
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for the advice. Rolled a nightblade healer and tried it last night: it was fun! Going to be doing a lot more healing soon I think :)

I don't know why I never slotted radiant till now, it's an "I win" button unless the nightblade uses shade if last night is any indication.
  • MaxJrFTW
    MaxJrFTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Warden
    Wardens are the best pvp healers imo.

Templar healers are not fun to play in pvp at all, and healing with them is not nearly as easy as people say.
    "I don't know you, and I don't care to know you."
    ―Ulrich Leland, 3E 433
  • Viveun
    Viveun
    ✭✭✭
    Necromancer
    Necromancer is a blast for pvp healing. High sustain and survivability. Spammable burst aoe heal that acts as a cleanse and hot if you know how to manage your corpses (you don’t need springs on a necro healer). Cheap self purge, quick ulti Regen, and is plenty of synergies for group. It’s 100% my favorite class to heal with.
  • darkblue5
    darkblue5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope you step on a lego:tm:
    i love troll options in polls so much.

tbh necro heals seem pretty good and their off-brand springs seems important for next patch... jk jk

stamden heals in heavy tbh for next patch.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nightblade
    DocFrost72 wrote: »
    Thank you for the advice. Rolled a nightblade healer and tried it last night: it was fun! Going to be doing a lot more healing soon I think :)

I don't know why I never slotted radiant till now, it's an "I win" button unless the nightblade uses shade if last night is any indication.

Yea, very easy to counter. It’s even easier if you’ve played a NB with cloak before, I like aoe spam on where I think they’ll be and I’m usually right.

There are lots of styles that work, these days this is what I’ve been playing in BGs. It’s pretty strong, I should be slotting a snare/root removal but I like throwing out damage too. Lotus fan is really fun:

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=164720

I tried 1vXing in it once, it was terrible. I dueled a sorc twice in open world and got toasted, couldn’t get him under 50% and think he ended up shield stacking at half health so I’d get bloodlust and he could kill me... so was toying with me.
    Edited by Iskiab on July 21, 2019 2:12AM
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Warden
    I love a good warden for PVP
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Viveun wrote: »
    Necromancer is a blast for pvp healing. High sustain and survivability. Spammable burst aoe heal that acts as a cleanse and hot if you know how to manage your corpses (you don’t need springs on a necro healer). Cheap self purge, quick ulti Regen, and is plenty of synergies for group. It’s 100% my favorite class to heal with.
    While I agree that Renewing Undeath is a spell that often gets slept-on, Magicka Necromancer sustain is actually really bad. It's basically a Templar without a Rune, or Warden without the Netch. The Undead Confederate passive is really just cost reduction for 1 pet, since it takes more magicka to keep the pet active than you'll gain back from the extra regeneration (though you do benefit from the 200 stam regen).

I've said for a while now that I think Necromancers have good potential as healers, but for me, the (lack of) sustain is really holding it back. Against weak opponents in no-CP Battlegrounds it's fine, but as soon as a decent team showed up, I couldn't sustain well enough.
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nightblade
    Sole reason why NB healers are best IMO, is the amazing sustain and Soul Siphon ultimate, which is basically a Uno Reverse card.
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    susmitds wrote: »
    Sole reason why NB healers are best IMO, is the amazing sustain and Soul Siphon ultimate, which is basically a Uno Reverse card.

I definitely feel the Reverse Card quality. Popped it on a retreating group just as a yellow ball hit, and to AD's great surprise we didn't go down to the whirling blades and dawnbreakers.

We still lost the fight, but those few dozen that rushed got a shiner!

Loving the nightblade, thanks all!
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nightblade
    DocFrost72 wrote: »
    susmitds wrote: »

I definitely feel the Reverse Card quality. Popped it on a retreating group just as a yellow ball hit, and to AD's great surprise we didn't go down to the whirling blades and dawnbreakers.

We still lost the fight, but those few dozen that rushed got a shiner!

Loving the nightblade, thanks all!

Plus Healthy Offering! Don’t forget healthy Offering! That’s why I build extra tanky, I spam Offering a lot so need the tankiness and self healing from dark cloak to stay alive. To get used to using it I suggest you always check your death recaps, I used to kill myself using it a lot when I first started.

Agreed about Soul Siphon though. Love using in BGs during an enemy’s Ult dump. Heals everyone and if they’re smart they use the synergy and immediately go on the offensive.

Wardens are really strong too. Issue with NB is moreso you need to spec to add a lot of offense, for wardens it’s a lot easier. It’s hard to beat a warden in total damage, but NBs have way better kill stealing potential with impale.

I’m AD so this may be dumb to tell you, but a great combo is this set and Soul Siphon:

https://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Stendarr's+Embrace+Set

Only have Soul Siphon on your back bar with no other healing abilities and use a healing monster weapon on your front bar. That way it controls the proc and when you pop Soul Siphon it’s like a super Soul Siphon that purges on top of everything else.
    Edited by Iskiab on July 22, 2019 2:43PM
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • Viveun
    Viveun
    ✭✭✭
    Necromancer
    wheem_ESO wrote: »
    While I agree that Renewing Undeath is a spell that often gets slept-on, Magicka Necromancer sustain is actually really bad. It's basically a Templar without a Rune, or Warden without the Netch. The Undead Confederate passive is really just cost reduction for 1 pet, since it takes more magicka to keep the pet active than you'll gain back from the extra regeneration (though you do benefit from the 200 stam regen).

I've said for a while now that I think Necromancers have good potential as healers, but for me, the (lack of) sustain is really holding it back. Against weak opponents in no-CP Battlegrounds it's fine, but as soon as a decent team showed up, I couldn't sustain well enough.

Unfortunately with Necromancer, you can't run straight group utility sets because then sustain does become an issue. I have to run 5 bright throats to manage rss. Right now running 5 bright throats, 3/5 vastaries (rez ulti leaves folks dead on rss and the reduced cost plus extra burst is hugely beneficial in large scale fights, you get 5-15k magicka/stam return, 10% reduced cost, 250 spell power), 2 maelstrom resto, and 2 bloodspawn using spring loaded infusion instead of witchmothers. Puts me at 2.4k regen without pots/maelstorm resto proc. Plus using expunge religiously for the extra 500-1000 magicka/stam returns. With this setup, sustain is literally zero problem.

f36c8329-55dd-47b2-9582-5b62d8edd5a4.PNG?sv=2015-12-11&sr=b&si=DefaultAccess&sig=0PHh4ptBTeSbg5kyhD3v85FjoOPFr%2F2XPFPoZ7adS7o%3D

The biggest drawback I've found with necro healing is that you really have to be in the thick of it to be very effective. The easiest way to manage your corpses is with your bone armor and mender. Blastbones are too finicky and unreliable location wise. But I can re-up my armor and mender at around 6 seconds left on cd and drop a corpse at my feet, meaning my next Renewing Undeath is going cleanse and drop a hot on top of the 5-8k burst heal on the group. If I'm not standing in the middle of the fight, that corpse is wasted except for a small personal hot and ulti regen. Same with totem, you need to be in the center of combat to make the damage mitigation and synergy useful.

Even still, after maining at magplar for years, I think the viability of necro healers in pvp is extremely high, especially with the changes coming to springs next patch.

Edited by Viveun on July 23, 2019 6:41PM
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Viveun wrote: »

Unfortunately with Necromancer, you can't run straight group utility sets because then sustain does become an issue. I have to run 5 bright throats to manage rss. Right now running 5 bright throats, 3/5 vastaries (rez ulti leaves folks dead on rss and the reduced cost plus extra burst is hugely beneficial in large scale fights, you get 5-15k magicka/stam return, 10% reduced cost, 250 spell power), 2 maelstrom resto, and 2 bloodspawn using spring loaded infusion instead of witchmothers. Puts me at 2.4k regen without pots/maelstorm resto proc. Plus using expunge religiously for the extra 500-1000 magicka/stam returns. With this setup, sustain is literally zero problem.

f36c8329-55dd-47b2-9582-5b62d8edd5a4.PNG?sv=2015-12-11&sr=b&si=DefaultAccess&sig=0PHh4ptBTeSbg5kyhD3v85FjoOPFr%2F2XPFPoZ7adS7o%3D

The biggest drawback I've found with necro healing is that you really have to be in the thick of it to be very effective. The easiest way to manage your corpses is with your bone armor and mender. Blastbones are too finicky and unreliable location wise. But I can re-up my armor and mender at around 6 seconds left on cd and drop a corpse at my feet, meaning my next Renewing Undeath is going cleanse and drop a hot on top of the 5-8k burst heal on the group. If I'm not standing in the middle of the fight, that corpse is wasted except for a small personal hot and ulti regen. Same with totem, you need to be in the center of combat to make the damage mitigation and synergy useful.

Even still, after maining at magplar for years, I think the viability of necro healers in pvp is extremely high, especially with the changes coming to springs next patch.
    I think some of the differences in our opinions and experiences come down to the types of PvP that we're doing; almost all of mine is done in no-CP Battlegrounds, where fights are 4v4v4 at the largest. In those situations, rezzes just don't happen very often at all, and using Expunge and Modify can be a bit more tricky. Healing Springs is also pretty much non-existent among the "good" healers in BGs (and will stay that way if anything like the current PTS version makes it to live) - it just doesn't work well, given the amount of incoming damage + need for mobility. That's why I actually disagree when I've heard people dismiss Renewing Undeath as just a Necromancer variation of Healing Springs; it's actually much better, due to both the potential cleanse and the amount of burst healing actually being worthwhile.
  • Viveun
    Viveun
    ✭✭✭
    Necromancer
    I think some of the differences in our opinions and experiences come down to the types of PvP that we're doing; almost all of mine is done in no-CP Battlegrounds, where fights are 4v4v4 at the largest. In those situations, rezzes just don't happen very often at all, and using Expunge and Modify can be a bit more tricky. Healing Springs is also pretty much non-existent among the "good" healers in BGs (and will stay that way if anything like the current PTS version makes it to live) - it just doesn't work well, given the amount of incoming damage + need for mobility. That's why I actually disagree when I've heard people dismiss Renewing Undeath as just a Necromancer variation of Healing Springs; it's actually much better, due to both the potential cleanse and the amount of burst healing actually being worthwhile.

Ah, yes you are right. When I run BGs with my necro, I drop Reanimate altogether and swap vastarie's for curse eater. But I feel a lot less effective in BGs than in open world. I don't do them often because of this.

Also agree. I'm honestly surprised how many folks hold renewing undeath as a lesser springs. It's the best burst aoe heal in game, relatively low cost - though not as cost-effective as springs, and acts as a cleanse and hot if corpses are managed right (again, easiest if you're right in the center of combat). It outperforms springs imo. Willing to bet we see a lot more renewing undeath spammers in cyro next patch to make up for the loss of springs stacking.
  • Lady_CC_
    Lady_CC_
    Soul Shriven
    Other
    I always loved my Templar but the necro is quickly becoming my favorite!! Some great burst heals and cc capabilities.
    I’ve heard nb is great too but I haven’t personally tried it out yet.