The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Please Add at Least one Gold Purchaseable Home to Each Map

Giraffon
Giraffon
✭✭✭✭✭
Subject says it all. It can be a crappy little apartment in town or something nicer. What is specifically on my mind is Gold Coast and Hew's Bane. Other DLC's too though.

The crown cost of the current offerings is just ridiculous.
Giraffon - Beta Lizard - For the Pact!
  • StabbityDoom
    StabbityDoom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    couldn't agree more. And if they aren't going to let us do this, at LEAST make gifting houses possible.
    PC/NA
    EHT zealot
    streamer: http://twitch.tv/stabbitydoom
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I agree, as I know others do. I think, though, that if they are going to offer gold-purchasable homes in DLC areas, which typically require you to own the DLC or have ESO+ to purchase with gold, they would have to be apartments/small homes.

Reason being that if a large home were made available in a DLC area to purchase with gold, you'd have players subbing for a month just to purchase the home with gold. So, a large home that might cost 7-8k crowns (similar to Alinor Townhouse or Amaya Lake Lodge) would be only $15 (the cost of a one-month sub). Or, players would just purchase the DLC if they didn't already have it, which is still a lot cheaper than buying the house for crowns. So, ZOS would have to offer an apartment or small home that would cost around less than a one-month sub price. Things are a little different for chapters, since you have to buy it in order to play it until a year later when it becomes a DLC.

That's at least my theory as to why we don't have smaller homes in DLC areas. In fact, the smallest home we've had in a DLC area (outside of the inn rooms) was Ald Velothi Harbour House - a medium home.

But, I would be fine with an apartment/small home in current/future DLC zones. I'd also love a small home in the Chapter zones. But, I suspect that they really want most of their homes to be CS exclusive, regardless of size, and they think the larger ones will sell better. Maybe they do, or maybe they don't, but I suspect they still generate more revenue than a medium CS exclusive home does, due to the overall price difference. After all, the point of sale is the Crowns, so if someone buys a medium CS exclusive home with their stash of crowns, ZOS doesn't generate any new revenue. But, if they have to buy a crown pack in order to afford the ginormous home, then ZOS generates new revenue, even if a smaller portion of players buy it vs a medium home.

TL:DR - I'd love to see gold-purchasable homes in DLC areas, but if we were to get them, they'd probably be apartments/small homes - with which I'm totally fine.
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on July 23, 2019 3:48PM
  • Delpi
    Delpi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, they didn't add a jewelry crafting station in kvatch and do you expect an apartment? hahahaha
    "I used to be an adventurer like you. Then I took an arrow in the knee..."
  • Kova
    Kova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or maybe make nearly all homes purchasable with gold, as they had originally stated.

Then again, there's a reason for subjective terms when money is involved. Let's you wiggle in and out of things.

EP Sorc: Aydinn
    AD Stamplar: Verdant`Knight
    DC Stamblade: Apple`Punch
    EP Stam Sorc: Kós
    AD DragonKnight: Transmigrant
    EP NIghtblade: Aydinn
  • Vehlir
    Vehlir
    ✭✭✭✭
    Absolutely, this is something I suggested a while back as well.

Literally every Zone in the game (This includes places like CwC, Artaeum etc) should have at MINIMUM two houses.

Orsinium & The Brass Fortress stick out as two beautiful, iconic cities that could greatly benefit from having a smaller home/apartment, but having things like a Personal Study in the Ceporah Tower, a Thieves Den in Abah's Landing and so many more would be greatly welcomed.
    Edited by Vehlir on July 23, 2019 5:40PM
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This goes slightly hand in hand with the wish for more smaller and medium sized houses. I'd love to have a nice cosy place in Orsinium or small apartment in Abah's Landing with an open view to the city/harbor/ocean. Just because they are small and simple, it doesn't mean they have to be boring.
    Edited by NotaDaedraWorshipper on July 25, 2019 3:09PM
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!