Maintenance for the week of March 18:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 18
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 19, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 1:00PM EDT (17:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

Why can't I upload images when using "Reply" or "Edit"?

Thunderclap
Thunderclap
✭✭✭
Why can't I upload images when using Reply or Edit?
Edit:
zczj5g6t7iwn.jpg
Reply:
kc6q7qysit73.jpg

"Reply" don't have the command for upload.
"Edit" stops working after the image selection.

I use firefox latest version no addons and german Windows 7 Professional 64-bit also latest version.

Any idea?
PC EU - PVP - CP 2300+Win 10 Home 64-bit - 32GB - SSD 1000GBIntel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.6GHzNVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti

Best Answers

• Thunderclap
    Thunderclap
    ✭✭✭
    @yodased

Thanks for the answer.

With other words only Zeni can fix this issue?
    PC EU - PVP - CP 2300+Win 10 Home 64-bit - 32GB - SSD 1000GBIntel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.6GHzNVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti
    Answer ✓
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @thunderclap yup that's it
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
    Answer ✓
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Thunderclap

Have you tried testing in a different web browser to help determine whether this is a browser issue?
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Thunderclap
    Thunderclap
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BillE

I tried it with Internet Explorer, it works in both cases.
  • Thunderclap
    Thunderclap
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BillE :

I must correct me. Today i have tested Internet explorer, Edge, Chrome and Firefox nothing is working on Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 10586) (10586.th2_release_sec.160422-1850).
  • Thunderclap
    Thunderclap
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BillE

One point more i figured out:
    I can upload images, when i'm the starter of the discussion. So in this discussion I can upload.
    I can not upload images when I reply in a discussion which I don't have started.

This affects all browsers I have listed in Post #4.
    Edited by Thunderclap on July 19, 2019 5:16AM
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Thunderclap

Thank you for further testing in each of these web browsers.

Are you running any services in the background that would affect browser functionality?

You may want to try rebooting into a selective startup to help determine whether each browser still has issues uploading images with background services disabled.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Thunderclap
    Thunderclap
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BillE

No. I have tested this on my win7 pc, on my win 10 laptop and on my win 10 pc i use on work. All show the same behaviour.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IME, certain areas of the forum don't allow me to upload images, only link the URL. Win 10, Chrome.

The workaround is to upload the image to another site and then link it.

Or the other workaround is to start a Draft new discussion in a forum where you can upload images, upload your image, then copy-paste the URL it generates into the message you want the image in.
  • Thunderclap
    Thunderclap
    ✭✭✭
    @VaranisArano

Thanks for this hint. But I think this is not the way how uploading pictures in the forum should work. :)
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BillE GDN_Category table "AllowFileUploads" column to "1" for the desired category in vanilla forums main database.

@thunderclap try to drag a file directly into the reply box, a lot of time its just a u.i. error for the upload button, the themes css is overriding the function of the system.

v95f7tyr7egw.png

^ was uploaded directly by dragging the image into the post box without having the UI available from the button.
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
  • Thunderclap
    Thunderclap
    ✭✭✭
    @yodased

Thanks for the answer.

When i start the discussion drag&drop is working. When I'm not the starter I got the prohibition sign on my mouse pointer when i over the "Leave a reply" field.
    See picture: (which i could here also add with dragh&drop :))
    6imh1layathl.jpg
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    permission setting on vanilla formus then