Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Lag/Performance Any Better?

Banono1
Banono1
✭✭
Basically the title. I am all caught up in my other MMO and have been itching for PvP, but before I download the game again and get ESO+ I wanted to see if performance has improved since Elsewhere's release.
  • frostz417
    frostz417
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hahahhaahhahahhaahhahhahahahhahahahahahhahhhahahahahahhahhahahahahahhahahahahahaha
  • kollege14a5
    kollege14a5
    ✭✭✭
    Zenimax is killing it!
  • oXI_Viper_IXo
    oXI_Viper_IXo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No
  • caeliusstarbreaker
    caeliusstarbreaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This just in, world hunger solved, peace in the Middle East, Democrats and Republicans merge parties, cold fusion discovered and there is clean renewable energy for all, we terraformed Mars, however ESO still laggy and unplayable during prime-time.
    Rhage Lionpride DC Stamina Templar
    K-Hole
  • Aaluvien
    Aaluvien
    ✭✭
    Save your time and money if you plan on playing PC/NA in the CP campaign and you plan on being online anywhere around prime time.

Lag, disconnects, siege rams climbing walls, stuck in combat for 10+ minutes (thank god they make upgrading a mount a 90 day process...don't worry, most of the time you'll be walking between fights anyhow).

Each expansion brings more lag and bugs...off prime time it's rare to see the 30 day CP campaign locked; the PvP population has taken a pretty big hit over the years due to deteriorating performance.

Also, not sure when you last PvP'd in ESO. If it's been years then you might find it's changed quite a bit (aka zergamania). But that's a whole different topic.
    Edited by Aaluvien on July 22, 2019 12:24AM
  • Thunderclap
    Thunderclap
    ✭✭✭
    Just one word: No
    PC EU - PVP - CP 2300+Win 10 Home 64-bit - 32GB - SSD 1000GBIntel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.6GHzNVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti
  • Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was watching a bunch of my old videos from 2016 tonight. I couldn't believe how well the game ran back then compared to now. Its total crap.
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
  • amir412
    amir412
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To OP
    dont bother, they have plans for q4 this year,
    but knowing ZOS for years, i doubt it will change anything.
    Stridig wrote: »
    I was watching a bunch of my old videos from 2016 tonight. I couldn't believe how well the game ran back then compared to now. Its total crap.

ikr, in one of my videos i have constant 250 ping, but game actually react so well.
    PC | EU | AD |Stam Dk named "-Saidden"| 1700 CP|
    "..A world without fire. Ashen one, is this truly thy wish?.."

• Aixy
    Aixy
    ✭✭✭
    @Banono1 The game is so so so broken and the lag is terrible.-
  • SweepsAllClowns
    SweepsAllClowns
    ✭✭✭✭
    I assume the lag is improving all the time meaning the more lag the better performance.
  • Palidon
    Palidon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banono1 wrote: »
    Basically the title. I am all caught up in my other MMO and have been itching for PvP, but before I download the game again and get ESO+ I wanted to see if performance has improved since Elsewhere's release.

The lag and game performance in Cyrodiil is worse than ever. I doubt ZOS has any intentions on fixing anything. If you plan to return for PvP I would hold off on a subscription and just play for free.
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The performance is beyond bad !! Straight up trash.... They have no business at E3 IMO
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • Delsskia
    Delsskia
    ✭✭✭✭
    I look forward to the day when lag is finally old enough to vote and moves out on its own.
    NA-PC
    Fantasia