Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

I am the greatest PvP'r to ever play the game.

Cortimi
Cortimi
✭✭✭✭✭
So check it out, here is my argument:

By and large, pretty much every single match I queue into is against a perfect premade of obvious professionals. We're talking hardcore, roll through everyone and camp both enemy spawns good.

Here's the rub: I can usually take any of these guys in a 1v1 and give as good as I get. The problem though, is the three completely USELESS potatoes I get saddled with on my team.

From people literally saying "afk for exp" or the classic "just here for caltrops/vigor", or actively helping the other team get kills, to the classic CP104 been who goes out to give it an honest shot but is completely outgunned and outclassed.

So I started reading, dug up more information on this "MMR" thing.

What I found is, supposedly, if you are in a group, your "rating" gets increased. Alright, so say on a 0-100 scale, if you are naturally a "skill rating 50", if you go into a big group, it will bump up your skill rating to compensate for you being in a premade.

Cool! Good idea, a group should be rated higher to keep things fair.

But then I started thinking. I always queue solo...I never get my MMR "inflated". And I am going up against people that would already beat me more often than not if they were solo. So I am safely assuming, they probably have a higher MMR than I do, naturally.

Yo, hold up! I have four Chads with individual MMRs already higher than mine (assuming), AND they are getting a rating boost due to being a premade!

Therefore, I can only conclude that my MMR is the highest, most amazing, such elite status on the entire server. Mathematically, my individual MMR says that I alone am glorious enough to face down an entire premade group of elite players. They should all cower before my glory, as (according to MMR) I am able to take any group of mere mortals and ascend them to glory and godhood against impossible odds.

Sounds legit.

Or.

The entire MMR system is complete trash and needs removed, and premades should only face other premades.

I dunno man, since ZOS doesn't make any mistakes, I'm leaning towards me being a God.
Xbox NA: Soviet Messiah
EP: Cortimi - Imperial StamDK
EP: Melga - Orc StamDen (Dah Bear)
EP: Narileya - Nord StamPlar (Mad cuz Bad)
EP: Corvaera - Bosmer Orc StamSorc (RIP)

PS4 NA (Retired at CP835): Soviet-Messiah:
DC: Melga gra-Antilae - StamDen
AD: Corvaera - Bosmer StamSorc
Urvoth wrote: »
CP is a crutch for people who can’t sustain and want to be "tanky" so they aren’t immediately punished for making mistakes.
  • Noctus
    Noctus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edit: i should just say i agree mmr system sucks becouse it puts low mmr ppl against high mmr ppl. one high mmr in a team and others low against a balanced middle tier mmr has no chance.
    Edited by Noctus on July 6, 2019 4:39PM
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Noctus wrote: »
    (User retracted original post)

qwlr0qU.png
    Edited by Alucardo on July 6, 2019 5:05PM
  • Noctus
    Noctus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alucardo wrote: »
    https://imgur.com/a/5x0dolm

that are just some of the matches. i get more 3 man teams than 4 man teams. no matter how bad my 4th teammember would be its allways better to have one than none.
    sometimes ppl just work well together.... mustnt be premade allways.

qwlr0qU.png

i edited my post i felt like i come around showing off becouse my scores are high would u pls delete the link. i dont wanna come of arrogant or smthing. i linked those pictures becouse all are 3 vs 4 vs 4 (due to mmr system) not becouse of score.

i can privately post u my highest score ever achieved if u wanna compare but the other pictures i linked to show him even tho its unfair teams to not give up. i think my personal kill count in one of my matches was the highest ever achieved in the game tbh but the match was pretty skilless and highly to my advantage becouse of my team composition i got lucky with.(anyone could have pulled it off)

to further more show how bad team compositions can get
    https://imgur.com/a/aBFDOge

i dont think it was fun at all for some of my teammates. but they knew how to play the objective :) . a bit better gear and a good build would make em good pvp players but in their current state they shouldnt have landed in that match.

Edited by Noctus on July 6, 2019 5:06PM
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

i edited my post i felt like i come around showing off becouse my scores are high would u pls delete the link. i dont wanna come of arrogant or smthing. i linked those pictures becouse all are 3 vs 4 vs 4 (due to mmr system) not becouse of score.

i can privately post u my highest score ever achieved if u wanna compare but the other pictures i linked to show him even tho its unfair teams to not give up. i think my personal kill count in one of my matches was the highest ever achieved in the game tbh but the match was pretty skilless and highly to my advantage becouse of my team composition i got lucky with.

i dont think it was fun at all for some of my teammates. but they knew how to play the objective :) . a bit better gear and a good build would make em good pvp players but in their current state they shouldnt have landed in that match.
    No worries, edited the quote in my post. Nah, I know it wasn't to show off, and neither was mine. It was to show how bad the matchmaking can really be. Just look at the green team in my pic for example. How much fun do you think they had in that game? My guess is not a lot.
  • del9
    del9
    ✭✭✭✭

that are just some of the matches. i get more 3 man teams than 4 man teams. no matter how bad my 4th teammember would be its allways better to have one than none.

qwlr0qU.png

i can privately post u my highest score ever achieved if u wanna compare but the other pictures i linked to show him even tho its unfair teams to not give up. i think my personal kill count in one of my matches was the highest ever achieved in the game tbh but the match was pretty skilless and highly to my advantage becouse of my team composition i got lucky with.(anyone could have pulled it off)

Nah you're not coming off as arrogant just becouse you posted a screen shot. Go ahead and post the highest kill count I am curious what the record is. dont be chicken
    Edited by del9 on July 6, 2019 9:14PM
    PCNA

• Noctus
    Noctus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    del9 wrote: »

qwlr0qU.png

Nah you're not coming off as arrogant just becouse you posted a screen shot. Go ahead and post the highest kill count I am curious what the record is. dont be chicken

https://imgur.com/a/lbByIHv

probably highest anyone ever gotten but was not a skillfull play or anything and i had a fantastic healer. thx to that insane heals that templar dished out we didnt die once and went on a killingspree without him i wouldnt have manage close to that ammount of kills.
    Edited by Noctus on July 6, 2019 10:29PM
  • del9
    del9
    ✭✭✭✭

qwlr0qU.png

probably highest anyone ever gotten but was not a skillfull play or anything and i had a fantastic healer. thx to that insane heals that templar dished out we didnt die once and went on a killingspree without him i wouldnt have manage close to that ammount of kills.

Well damn, that's the new highest I've seen. Previous was only 71. Nice.

Until another perfect storm of pugs and a quick finisher comes along that'll probably stand for a while.
    PCNA

• oxygen_thief
    oxygen_thief
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mmr is a joke. i leveled up a new char in bgs a stam warden and i stopped at level 40 because my queue time rose up to 20 mins. so i believe im a pro stam warden player now with sky high mmr :)
  • Noctus
    Noctus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

qwlr0qU.png

Well damn, that's the new highest I've seen. Previous was only 71. Nice.

Until another perfect storm of pugs and a quick finisher comes along that'll probably stand for a while.

Score is pre elsweyr after murkmire. But yeh i get what u mean after elsweyr we got Tons of new players.
  • InvictusApollo
    InvictusApollo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pffft! My MMR is so high that after I queued in April, the game is still looking for players to match my godlike skill!
    I literally tried to nerf myself by playing with a gamepad on PC but it only turned out that LA weaving is actually easier for me on a gamepad :D
    Even before I achieved my mastery, the system was giving me teamates so great that my noncombat pet was making more kills than them. You know - because the system expected me to carry.
    My post is obviously sarcastic.
  • Leeched
    Leeched
    ✭✭✭✭✭

qwlr0qU.png

Neither this nor any other of the links/screens posted before show a death match score. You boast about kills you made in modes that clearly weren't death match - farming ppl who try to play the objective=/=death match LOL

You can see this cause first in green team has 0 kills, 11 deaths and is still ranked first on their team - same goes for the other picture posted by noctus since he is mere 2nd in his team and first has way less kills. Not sure what you guys boast/complain about.
    (DC) Grimsley - MagSorc || Denderan - StamPlar || Phaedon - StamBlade || Oberon - MagPlar || Leontes - StamSorc || Saroush - MagDk || Culan - StamDen || Dullahan - StamDk
    Ruvik - MagBlade || Tivil - MagDen || Juval - MagNecro || Gargrave - StamNecro
    (EP) Vicio - MagBlade || Clavigo - MagPlar || Peritas - MagDen || Fedrak - MagSorc
    (AD) Maledicto - MagBlade || Voriak - StamBlade

PC EU || Currently CP 1500+
    Azura's Star Sotha Sil
    I serve bombs ღ - retired
  • MaxJrFTW
    MaxJrFTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nvm, post was toxic.
    Edited by MaxJrFTW on July 15, 2019 4:42AM
    "I don't know you, and I don't care to know you."
    ―Ulrich Leland, 3E 433
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Cortimi

Thanks for this genuine post! Gave me a good laugh.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • frostz417
    frostz417
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I believe it
  • Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oho I wish to challenge you for MMR Solo King status.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/486236/zos-this-is-the-unbelievably-broken-match-i-just-joined-because-of-your-mmr-system#latest

MMR Abuse Level:
    -240 Handicap
    -1/2 way through a match (? well how long are these)
    -vs 1x Visible Premade
    Edited by Cathexis on July 22, 2019 5:49AM
    The Tomb of FPS Alteration Magic - Everything You Need to Know About FPS
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/520903/tomb-of-fps-alteration-magic-everything-you-need-to-know-about-fps
    Praise Malacath.
  • Weesacs
    Weesacs
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've roughly calculated I played about 26 matches last week and I've still to win a match. Yes one match. Want to know how I know this? Because the quest to win three matches is still showing 0 wins which I picked up a while ago.

A combination of playing premades and / or being grouped with the inexperienced players has caused this. Like u, the MMR system must think I'm a God as well.

I'm sure those premades quake with fear when they see my name on the opposing team.

Don't u all know this is working as intended?
    Edited by Weesacs on July 22, 2019 6:48AM
    High Elf Templar
    PS4 - EU - DC
    Over 37,500 Achievements!
  • BNOC
    BNOC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    vMSA - Magplar - Xbox EU - 15/11/16
    578,000 - 36 Minutes 58 Seconds (Top 2 World?)

vMSA - Magplar - Xbox NA
    569,000 - 40 minutes (350CP, Non optimised runs)
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    MMR system doesnt really work with low population.
    Whe you get 3 as you put it potatoes on your team vs a full premade, the system doesnt expect you to carry them based on your mmr, its just theres noone else to match them with for a game.
    The premade ofc gets put on the same team, and if there arent any more premades /high mmr ppl queueing , tbey will be put in a game like the ones you posted about.
    This is the main reason i dont premade queue anymore.
    If there was a separate queue with a reasonably large playerbase for 3-4man teams i would definetly favor that.
  • mursie
    mursie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    thread seems legit.
    twitch.tv/mursieftw
    twitter: @mursieftw
  • Cortimi
    Cortimi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Weesacs wrote: »
    I've roughly calculated I played about 26 matches last week and I've still to win a match. Yes one match. Want to know how I know this? Because the quest to win three matches is still showing 0 wins which I picked up a while ago.

A combination of playing premades and / or being grouped with the inexperienced players has caused this. Like u, the MMR system must think I'm a God as well.

I'm sure those premades quake with fear when they see my name on the opposing team.

Bro, I know your pain. I once went three weeks without a win. Working as intended.
    Xbox NA: Soviet Messiah
    EP: Melga - Orc StamDen (Dah Bear)
    EP: Narileya - Nord StamPlar (Mad cuz Bad)
    EP: Corvaera - Bosmer Orc StamSorc (RIP)

PS4 NA (Retired at CP835): Soviet-Messiah:
    DC: Melga gra-Antilae - StamDen
    AD: Corvaera - Bosmer StamSorc
    Urvoth wrote: »
    CP is a crutch for people who can’t sustain and want to be "tanky" so they aren’t immediately punished for making mistakes.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Weesacs wrote: »

Firstmep wrote: »
    MMR system doesnt really work with low population.
    Whe you get 3 as you put it potatoes on your team vs a full premade, the system doesnt expect you to carry them based on your mmr, its just theres noone else to match them with for a game.
    The premade ofc gets put on the same team, and if there arent any more premades /high mmr ppl queueing , tbey will be put in a game like the ones you posted about.
    This is the main reason i dont premade queue anymore.
    If there was a separate queue with a reasonably large playerbase for 3-4man teams i would definetly favor that.

I think Firstmep is absolutely right. You can win solo queuing, I usually play BGs every morning until I win a game. Some days I’ll get poor teams and give up after 3-4 games.

Just this morning I got a BG with a CP160 and CP130 who said they were there for the assault xp. Still won because it was a flag game and we stuck together. Just play as a team and don’t run off, use a heal every once in a while and front bar vigor - bam, you’re already better then the majority of pvpers.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Rukia541
    Rukia541
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cortimi wrote: »
    So check it out, here is my argument:

By and large, pretty much every single match I queue into is against a perfect premade of obvious professionals. We're talking hardcore, roll through everyone and camp both enemy spawns good.

Here's the rub: I can usually take any of these guys in a 1v1 and give as good as I get. The problem though, is the three completely USELESS potatoes I get saddled with on my team.

From people literally saying "afk for exp" or the classic "just here for caltrops/vigor", or actively helping the other team get kills, to the classic CP104 been who goes out to give it an honest shot but is completely outgunned and outclassed.

So I started reading, dug up more information on this "MMR" thing.

What I found is, supposedly, if you are in a group, your "rating" gets increased. Alright, so say on a 0-100 scale, if you are naturally a "skill rating 50", if you go into a big group, it will bump up your skill rating to compensate for you being in a premade.

Cool! Good idea, a group should be rated higher to keep things fair.

But then I started thinking. I always queue solo...I never get my MMR "inflated". And I am going up against people that would already beat me more often than not if they were solo. So I am safely assuming, they probably have a higher MMR than I do, naturally.

Yo, hold up! I have four Chads with individual MMRs already higher than mine (assuming), AND they are getting a rating boost due to being a premade!

Therefore, I can only conclude that my MMR is the highest, most amazing, such elite status on the entire server. Mathematically, my individual MMR says that I alone am glorious enough to face down an entire premade group of elite players. They should all cower before my glory, as (according to MMR) I am able to take any group of mere mortals and ascend them to glory and godhood against impossible odds.

Sounds legit.

Or.

The entire MMR system is complete trash and needs removed, and premades should only face other premades.

I dunno man, since ZOS doesn't make any mistakes, I'm leaning towards me being a God.

I for one accept my new overlord /kneel
    Edited by Rukia541 on September 4, 2019 11:19PM
  • festher
    festher
    ✭✭

qwlr0qU.png

let me guess ... magblade dot'n cloak
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I’d guess not, teammates did too well. I’d guess a templar 100% focused on damage, to maybe a mag class with an execute. 50k healing is low as a mag class cross healing but too much for a typical magblade focused on damage.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten