The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Transparency effects on skills: shuffle+elude, hurricane+lightning form, dragon blood

• Ramzdonb16_ESO
    Ramzdonb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I like them all they make me feel powerful. Ice fortress extremely frustrating when your a DK and it removes your volatile armour visual. Makes me recast it and waste magic. Also trolls intentionally despawn your volatile armour visual.
  • JusticeSouldier
    JusticeSouldier
    ✭✭✭✭
    yesterday in hel ra citadel i coudn't see tank because he used dragon blood and was almost invisible an all that aoe around...
    Crown + healthbar...the rest is bonus.

actually, healthbar+crown are the rest.
    all classes. pc platform, dissapointed.
  • dazee
    dazee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Give us an option so we dont see it. all I ask.
    Playing your character the way your character should play is all that matters. Play as well as you can but never betray the character. Doing so would make playing an mmoRPG pointless.
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    IMG-49c21718-da51-4a94-ba65-161b06e61eed.png

OP :lol:
  • JusticeSouldier
    JusticeSouldier
    ✭✭✭✭
    and, nothing done
  • MaxJrFTW
    MaxJrFTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't like it one bit. Can't see what they're doing when they're transparent.
    Edited by MaxJrFTW on May 21, 2019 1:02PM
    "I don't know you, and I don't care to know you."
    ―Ulrich Leland, 3E 433
  • JusticeSouldier
    JusticeSouldier
    ✭✭✭✭
    MaxJrFTW wrote: »
    I don't like it one bit. Can't see what they're doing when they're transparent.

or what your own character do even without aoes around sometimes
  • khajiitNPC
    khajiitNPC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tab target?
  • JusticeSouldier
    JusticeSouldier
    ✭✭✭✭
    khajiitNPC wrote: »
    Tab target?

push the button?
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed. The transparency on shuffle makes no sense anymore now that the effect is AoE mitigation. Hurricane is fine in PvP but in PvE trials it’s a nightmare to try and see what you’re doing when stacking and with all the other abilities going off.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Adenoma wrote: »
    @Grimlok_S , if I could get thiccer I would.

O.o;
    I like them all they make me feel powerful. Ice fortress extremely frustrating when your a DK and it removes your volatile armour visual. Makes me recast it and waste magic. Also trolls intentionally despawn your volatile armour visual.

-_-
    Vapirko wrote: »
    Agreed. The transparency on shuffle makes no sense anymore now that the effect is AoE mitigation. Hurricane is fine in PvP but in PvE trials it’s a nightmare to try and see what you’re doing when stacking and with all the other abilities going off.

This
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • JusticeSouldier
    JusticeSouldier
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler rework please these animations for skills.
    To be able see different effects active at the same time on character, and character itself while they are active.
    Is there anyone at home?
    Edited by JusticeSouldier on June 3, 2019 9:44AM
  • JusticeSouldier
    JusticeSouldier
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler here screens to show how interact between themselves:
    Shuffle and Hurricane/Dragon Blood/ Cloak.

Shuffle become even more must to use. Make it please to be drawn relevant.
    And it doesn't fit to it's function anymore for a years - AOE mitigation is not Invisibility.
    Even when it was providing Dodge chance, this transparency was too intensive.

Shuffle-Cloak-Together.png
    Shuffle-Dragon-Blood-Together.png
    Shuffle-Hurricane-Together.png

As we see, these skills together are visual trash.
    I personally hate how characters look with all these skills active...
  • DemonDruaga
    DemonDruaga
    ✭✭✭✭
    I kinda like them and never had issues tracking an enemy.
    Stop trying to remove all the nice things from the game ^^
    Edited by DemonDruaga on July 12, 2019 2:20PM
    Ardor // Dunkelsicht // Pakt
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like them, but i really REALLY hope it's configurable from the Graphic Settings page.

hey at least my DK spiny spines don't get transparent when i activate Elude.....
    August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Visual effects are useful and needed in PVP. I like them. Maybe a slider would be nice to adjust your effects that you see on yourself.

If I could mention one thing about an effect that is applied to the enemy -- Power of the Light is too bright.

Shuffle always make me think of Pig-Pen from Charley Brown.

Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • JusticeSouldier
    JusticeSouldier
    ✭✭✭✭
    I want TO NOT remove visual effects at these skills at all.
    I want these skills to have visual effects which are compatible with another things in game.
    And at the same time to be able see characters in fight.
    I don't care if visual effect will be somehow transparent, or not.
    it's responsibility of combat designers with ...

I have some ideas of how to do this:
    • For Shuffle for example - Gray variant of Phantasmal Escape. SImple soloution, cool visual. It will fit in such case aoe mitigation. Similar to proc visual effect of Bloodspawn but no texture, or steel texture, something like. Just think, how current this skill transparency can save someone from AOEs, which's idea is to be undodgeable? New Shuffle will not conflict with another things like current Shuffle do.... And Phantasmal can be same in such case as now + maybe slightly transparent (but much less than shuffle now), so when u're nightblade and (idk why because of same buffs but even when u want to) use them together, both effects will be visible as a mesh of gray and red + slightly transparent maybe.
    • 2. Dragon Blood - Transparency only for middle of chest with heart inside to show. Not of whole body. Working over shuffle.
    • 3. Hurricane - no transparency...it's area effect visual is great af and very enouch.

@ZOS_BrianWheeler We have chances to see that in game instead of visual garbage we have at screens above?
    Edited by JusticeSouldier on July 14, 2019 8:10PM
  • JusticeSouldier
    JusticeSouldier
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dojohoda wrote: »
    Maybe a slider would be nice to adjust your effects that you see on yourself.
    Davadin wrote: »
    I like them, but i really REALLY hope it's configurable from the Graphic Settings page.
    hey at least my DK spiny spines don't get transparent when i activate Elude.....

If they can do that also, sure, why not. here many another things which are not enouch intensive, or backward too intensive like power of the light/mark/minor defile from Weizard riposte or area of effect markers of Atronach, necromancer's Frozen Colossus, Nova... when u can't be sure if this friendly one used here or enemy?
    It would be great if each one will be able to be adjustes at settings.
  • JusticeSouldier
    JusticeSouldier
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Joy_Division does anyone even discuss improvement of visual effects on skills with transparency? Devs or class reps?
  • LukosCreyden
    LukosCreyden
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I am really not a fan of Hurricane's transparency. I want to see my character, not a blue neon ghost.
    Struggling to find a new class to call home.Please send help.
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Joy_Division does anyone even discuss improvement of visual effects on skills with transparency? Devs or class reps?

It's not a topic that came up much.

I do think Shuffle is bad because it makes players more difficult to see (especially in a game with so many bright visual effects).

I don't like Lightning Form because it looks dumb and makes it hard to see what else is active or what the sorcerer is doing.

Some skills like Spiked armor I just don;t like the aesthetics, but that's not really a gameplay issue.
  • JusticeSouldier
    JusticeSouldier
    ✭✭✭✭

It's not a topic that came up much.

I do think Shuffle is bad because it makes players more difficult to see (especially in a game with so many bright visual effects).

I don't like Lightning Form because it looks dumb and makes it hard to see what else is active or what the sorcerer is doing.

Some skills like Spiked armor I just don;t like the aesthetics, but that's not really a gameplay issue.

Spiked is fine in a matter of interaction - it doesn't prevent us to see another buffs so I hadn't reasons to mention it at all;)

But Shuffle and Hurricane (and less Dragon Blood because it's not same heavily must to use as previous 2) - I'm not happy with their visual part because of loosing important combat information (and ruined aesthetics in addition) so much.
    Can u up this question with Devs in a future please?
    Edited by JusticeSouldier on July 21, 2019 1:28PM
  • JusticeSouldier
    JusticeSouldier
    ✭✭✭✭
    I feel writing at forum without any feelback from zenimax too similar to Don's Quihotte march vs windmills, or talking with ghosts
  • JusticeSouldier
    JusticeSouldier
    ✭✭✭✭
    up, @ZOS_BrianWheeler these visual effects conflict with many others!
  • SHANKS_63
    SHANKS_63
    ✭✭
    I would love to have the option to turn off transparency on hurricane. It is the ONLY thing that I dislike about stamsorc. So sad all the effort to make your character the way you want to see it disappear at all times during combat.
  • GeorgeBlack
    GeorgeBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They all look ugly.
    One good looking one is Magma Cell.
    It is an ultimate and it goes away quickly
  • Tythimo
    Tythimo
    ✭✭
    Akgurd wrote: »
    I hate them.

All the time and money spent on character design, costume, outfits, and coloring all goes crap once I hit these skills. I wish these effects were provided with on/off option within setting menu.

This is why I refuse to buy costumes and invest anything into that system. Why bother when it all disappears.
  • daemonor
    daemonor
    ✭✭✭✭
    +1. Not a fan of shuffle making your character a ghost boi, not a fan of hurricane making your outfit useless. I can get behind dragons blood because you don't need to have a 100% uptime for it, but for hurricane you do.
  • Cerbolt
    Cerbolt
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't see why my character needs to be invisible to be a hurricane lol sometimes I struggle to tell where my character even is, especially when I have other visual buffs active. It makes avoiding aoes interesting I suppose :D
    AD - For the Queen!
    PSEU: Relaryn - Altmer Vampblade | Kazhran - Khajiit Stamsorc | Khahan-ra - Khajiit Magplar | Ra'ban - Khajiit MagDK | Gaelhwen - Bosmer Stamden

PCEU: Kazhran - Khajiit Stamsorc | Khahan-ra - Khajiit Stamplar | Relaryn - Altmer Vampblade
  • GeorgeBlack
    GeorgeBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Get rdy to see everyone in white light with BRP DW backbar.
    Everyone.
This discussion has been closed.