The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Transparency effects on skills: shuffle+elude, hurricane+lightning form, dragon blood

JusticeSouldier
JusticeSouldier
✭✭✭✭
Does anyone like it and feel these visual effect usefull and healthy for gameplay?
What do u think about to remove it from them?

(added to original post)
@ZOS_BrianWheeler here screens to show how interact between themselves:
Shuffle and Hurricane/Dragon Blood/ Cloak.

Shuffle become even more must to use. Make it please to be drawn relevant.
And it doesn't fit to it's function anymore for a years - AOE mitigation is not Invisibility.
Even when it was providing Dodge chance, this transparency was too intensive.

Shuffle-Cloak-Together.png
(And Dark cloak is not invisibility to feel each time like u attempt to dissapear without success, like a chicken trying to drop the egg at the ground)
Shuffle-Dragon-Blood-Together.png
I like this heart, but not whole body invisibility.
Shuffle-Hurricane-Together.png
...what information u get here ZOS?

As we see, these skills together are visual trash.
I personally hate how characters look with all these skills active...
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on February 4, 2024 8:37PM
all classes. pc platform, dissapointed.
  • JusticeSouldier
    JusticeSouldier
    ✭✭✭✭
    My personal - i don't like how this work with another effects - u can't see a lot of buffs and debuffs on yourself (like, on nightblade, when u used Shuffle - visual effect within Cloak almost the same as without), u loose important visual fight information from another side also, it looks bad design for me.
    * With Major Evasion mechanics change - Shuffle and Elude lost their basements for this visual effect...And that base wasn't enouch convenient to be honest even in the past - too big transparency for 15 or 20% of chance to avoid the damage. Nowadays it have no any reason to create such effect.
    * Hurricane - Wind around u is more than enouch to understand it's used. Great skill. What's for transparency here? Maybe it's time to remove opacity effect from Hurricane?
    * Lightning form...please, do it just same as Hurricane. more visible aoe around, mayeb lightning on the body and no transparency.
    * Dragon blood - it's enouch to make transparent only chest of character to show that heart inside. Whole body - why?
    Edited by JusticeSouldier on March 12, 2019 3:48PM
    Options
  • Girl_Number8
    Girl_Number8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I think they are fine.

Lightning form you are a living sparkler and with hurricane I don't have a problem seeing the players at all or hearing them.

Dragon blood that beating heart is so bright, never been an issue. Also, Stamdks after some kiting if that is their thing are known as skillful brawlers.

Shuffle has that misty outline and plus the players fraction color is right above their head, as every player has this :)

There is one exception only but it was not listed so no reason to discuss it.
    Edited by Girl_Number8 on March 12, 2019 3:28PM
    Options
  • Akgurd
    Akgurd
    ✭✭✭
    I hate them.

All the time and money spent on character design, costume, outfits, and coloring all goes crap once I hit these skills. I wish these effects were provided with on/off option within setting menu.
    Edited by Akgurd on March 12, 2019 6:03PM
    Aknight
    Options
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just from an aesthetic standpoint I do sort of wish they were less present. My warden looks really cool and a lot less so once he uses ice fortress.
    Adenoma-Badenoma-Sadenoma
    Options
  • Grimlok_S
    Grimlok_S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Adenoma wrote: »
    Just from an aesthetic standpoint I do sort of wish they were less present. My warden looks really cool and a lot less so once he uses ice fortress.

Build em thicc and you can hide most of the ice fortress inside your character model.

Tough luck for Elsa RPers.
    Light Attack Hero

Class context
    Stamplar
    StamDK
    Stamsorc
    MagDK
    StamMAGStamden
    Magplar
    Stam NB
    Bomb NB
    Options
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dont like them and still dont like the "blocking animation".
    Options
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Grimlok_S , if I could get thiccer I would.
    Adenoma-Badenoma-Sadenoma
    Options
  • JusticeSouldier
    JusticeSouldier
    ✭✭✭✭
    Adenoma wrote: »

yeah, this also, when they active - your character look and outfit becomes useless virtual trash.
    like it was when Bounded Armor replaced your gear with itself, it was pretty ugly/
    Options
  • TheYKcid
    TheYKcid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I wish Boundless Storm didn't turn me into a neon blue ghost. I put a lot of work into my outfit but it gets masked with almost 100% uptime.

The sparks of electricity, faint blue halo and storm clouds around your feet are already pretty good visual indicators and look very natural imo. The transparency is pretty redundant and just looks cheap and tacky.
    PC/NA — Daggerfall Covenant — BGs, Kaalgrontiid
    Kalazar ChalhoubRedguard Nord Stamplar
    Kalaron Caemor — Altmer Magsorc
    Kalahad Cirith — Dunmer Magden
    Options
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Don't like them.
    Options
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think they are fine.

Lightning form you are a living sparkler and with hurricane I don't have a problem seeing the players at all or hearing them.

Dragon blood that beating heart is so bright, never been an issue. Also, Stamdks after some kiting if that is their thing are known as skillful brawlers.

Shuffle has that misty outline and plus the players fraction color is right above their head, as every player has this :)

Except stamDKs don't actually slot dragon blood, Its the magicka and tanks that do, please learn the difference.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on March 14, 2019 1:06AM
    Options
  • Fur_like_snow
    Fur_like_snow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aesthetics are very important to me. My stam sorc looks AWESOME when shuffle and crit surge are both active. I’d hate to see the visual removed for any reason.
    Options
  • Aedrion
    Aedrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope, don't like them. Not required and they take away our cool costumes.
    Options
  • BRODY
    BRODY
    ✭✭
    I hate it. I play with min settings and hurricane very complicates the vision of character animation. ZoS not was think about it.

Stamsorc EU PC Dagerfall alliance - On
    Options
  • Na0cho
    Na0cho
    ✭✭✭
    Ya man. I get it. Gotta look pretty while pvping right?

Gives you that sweet advantage.
    Options
  • Digiman
    Digiman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hate dragonblood... doesn't even look dragon like.
    Options
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Digiman wrote: »
    hate dragonblood... doesn't even look dragon like.

I guess I'm glad GDB is not that good of a stam heal lol. It really looks ugly imo.
    Options
  • Girl_Number8
    Girl_Number8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I think they are fine.

Except stamDKs don't actually slot dragon blood, Its the magicka and tanks that do, please learn the difference.

I know the difference just an off day
    Edited by Girl_Number8 on March 16, 2019 5:34PM
    Options
  • JusticeSouldier
    JusticeSouldier
    ✭✭✭✭
    Na0cho wrote: »
    Ya man. I get it. Gotta look pretty while pvping right?

Gives you that sweet advantage.

that sweet advantage calls Quality of live things... like usefull food, it can be delicious also, not only functional
    Options
  • Jierdanit
    Jierdanit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aesthetics are very important to me. My stam sorc looks AWESOME when shuffle and crit surge are both active. I’d hate to see the visual removed for any reason.

Problem is that for me its just the other way around xD
    My StamSorc looks awesome until he has to press that mean hurricane/shuffle that makes his whole outfit useless :(
    PC/EU, StamSorc Main
    Options
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think they are fine.

I know the difference just an off day

Just wanted to remind o:)
    Options
  • LMar
    LMar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like unique looking skills. Please don't take animations away
    "If a stick of fish is a fish stick, it will stick like other fish sticks stick"
    "Taller races now sit in chairs correctly"
    Options
  • JusticeSouldier
    JusticeSouldier
    ✭✭✭✭
    LMar wrote: »
    I like unique looking skills. Please don't take animations away

its not about removing iniquiness, it's about it's improvement with better usability and visual result.
    Options
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't like any of them, I'd rather see my character. I especially hate Hurricane when fighting a 2h stamsorc because it's so hard to see the D Swing.
    Options
  • JusticeSouldier
    JusticeSouldier
    ✭✭✭✭
    yesterday in hel ra citadel i coudn't see tank because he used dragon blood and was almost invisible an all that aoe around...
    Options
  • Gnortranermara
    Gnortranermara
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really hate them. So much that I actively avoid slotting the skills, even if I want to run it. The transparency conceals other important visual cues, so really not worth it.
    Options
  • Gnozo
    Gnozo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everytime i play my magicka DK and need a burst heal i struggle deep inside me to use dragonblood cause it will completly destroy all the time/Money i spend on my outfit and character.....

Its ugly af and i really wish they would change it. Maybe give it some heat aura around you instead making your whole character transparent. That would be more dragon like....
    Options
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought the shuffle effect used to make sense now though not at all. And I don’t really like having to be half invisible at all. I hate the dragons blood visuals entirely. The annoying thing about shuffle though is that it needs to be up almost 100% of the time.
    Options
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    yesterday in hel ra citadel i coudn't see tank because he used dragon blood and was almost invisible an all that aoe around...
    Crown + healthbar...the rest is bonus.

Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
    Options
  • Zenis
    Zenis
    Soul Shriven
    I hate hurricane animation and is reason why I main Templar instead of Sorc. Hurricane has huge aoe animation with flying rocks around you so I don't see why it should make you transparent and blue a swell. If it was on spell that is occasionally used I would not mind but in most cases you have that thing on you all the time.
    Options
This discussion has been closed.