Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Beast Race Faces - Gender cues?

Dusk_Coven
Dusk_Coven
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
If you saw a Khajiit or Argonian face -- and only the face.
AND if you have no other clues - name, voice, body, clothing, etcetera.

Could you tell if it were male or female?

And what makes a beast race face cute or not cute?
  • Skelfish
    Skelfish
    ✭✭✭
    Have...you looked in the character creator and compared a male/female khajiit, or argonian for yourself?

It's super easy to see the dimorphism between the two sexes. Female argonian faces are much flatter than males, and they tend to follow the human female "heart" face shape whereas even with a super narrow chin male argonians are more square.
    Khajiit follow the same heart vs square face shapes, along with males having more defined brows. They're the same queues that humans use with each other and to identify sexes in other mediums.
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Skelfish wrote: »
    Have...you looked in the character creator and compared a male/female khajiit, or argonian for yourself?

I was trying not to use that tool up front because right away you have to choose gender so now your interpretation might be immediately biased by pre-knowing that you're looking at a male or female.

Sometimes I see a Khajiit female with a broader chin or that classic lion mouth and they can look masculine. And then anyone with a mane leans more masculine.
    But anyway, I'll play around with the slider.

• ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Khajiit yes, Argonian may be a bit difficult.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think most of the time, yes on both. As been mentioned they do have a sexual dimorphism which can be seen on their heads/faces, with the females usually being more "delicate". Though there are likely exceptions just like there is for the races of man where it's hard to define.
    Argonians are probably the trickiest since they are so different and races of man and mer have in general issues reading them.
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • SirAxen
    SirAxen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can usually tell pretty easily myself. But, that is probably because I'm a super nerd when it comes to The Elder Scrolls.