The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Re-learning Magplar

• Baconlad
    Baconlad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stack damage as magplar. Zero *** to sustain or defense...learn to play it that way, be a beast and not crutch on weak ass *** like pirate skelly XD.
  • vonknobby
    vonknobby
    Baconlad wrote: »
    Stack damage as magplar. Zero *** to sustain or defense...learn to play it that way, be a beast and not crutch on weak ass *** like pirate skelly XD.

How do you recommend I do this? Because the few combos I tried, we're just okay.
    🍺[PC|NA] "Futz Puckerz" [AD|PvX]🍺 Recruiting New, Returning, and Veteran players.
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I play with pirate skel, BTB and crafty, ita more than tanky with pirates uptime, block and harness magika , and has plenty of damage
  • Baconlad
    Baconlad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TBH I'm not sure how this upcoming patch is gonna *** up my build.

Even though magplar got mostly buffed...

On my bars I have total dark and purifying light. I use total dark mainly for the heal but it gives insane amount of damage as well.

So next patch I will be using toppling charge as my primary stun, meaning I have to choose between purifying light or living dark. If I choose living dark I've lost all damage from both purifying light and total dark since update, if I go purifying light I'll have lost only the damage from total dark...but I dont get the offensive bar defense of living death...

So I feel like a ton of damage potential is being lost with the changes and I am not very happy about that...we will see though how it plays out. Purifying light isn't THAT great of a skill anyway...and living death will be ridiculously awesome defensively

Another thing that's gonna take a huge hit is mag sustain, all those living deaths casts are gonna cost alot.

For gear though I run spinner, spell strategist and bloodspawn or slimecraw. I run 4800 spell damage (before spell strat on single target) and 36k max mag. I'm only running 740 unbuffed regen but am using deep thoughts (use it when you are low and stamina and ur magick will be fine)

I'm testing the limits of magic regen at lowest amounts possible. I wanted to see what kind of pressure is possible on magplar when built for glass and melee oriented, it's not bad at all. An occasional heavy attack and elemental drain ensure offensive regen is good, and when defensive I try not to stay back barred too long, you have to force yourself out of defense often so you dont run dry, it's not easy and I still make the mistake of staying back barred spamming honor the dead. But a quick flip to total dark and I'm back to offense. The damage of my offense is so great that 90% of players get chunked to 50% or less just with total dark and crescent sweep, throw in a puncturing sweep and purifying light pop and they are not going to be threatening you for a bit, they panic at the damage allowing me to capitalize on those mistakes...

Running such low sustain is actually very easy even outnumbered. And the 16-18k honor the dead hits I get mean I dont have to stay back barred. It works out nicely. But is as hardmode as you can get with magplar mainly due to the timing of barswapping to honor the dead needing to be precise and the very high chunking that happens to your own healthbar

Edited by Baconlad on July 9, 2019 1:08AM
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol this game.. I'm not even gonna try to think of next patch. So much is goofy on pts right now. Im imagining some changes. But then again, they just nerfed 80% of the skills they just buffed 2 months ago. Then they buffed skills to ridiculous levels i haven't even thought about for 4 years.

Waiting for a new mmo pvp game that can compare.... and doesn't run on hamster power.
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They're turning an asymmetrically balanced mmo into an uninspiring game where everything looks different but acts the same.

The sad part is it's what most of forum noobs want. Glhf gg.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    vonknobby wrote: »
    Just throw pirate skeleton and you're basically immortal on a magplar.

I actually just started using this lol. Still messing with my 2 5 piece sets. Was playing with a light set of Fort brass and Bright-throat but the damage feels pretty sub par, but spinners/ bright-throat was a little too squishy in Cyro.

If you go pirate I’d pair it with shacklebreaker. If you go bloodspawn I’d go bright throat. Don’t neglect the stam.

Shackle and pirate is a little tankier then bloodspawn and bright throat because you can craft a heavy chest and use a medium helm, downside is less Ult gen.
    Edited by Iskiab on July 9, 2019 2:25AM
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Trancestor
    Trancestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You forgot to also add join a zerg and make sure to Xv1.

• Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Trancestor wrote: »
    You forgot to also add join a zerg and make sure to Xv1.

Damn, this is the forums; no need to cast sun fire on them!
  • Baconlad
    Baconlad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Trancestor

Common now. Just because I make a decision to stop playing the tanky meta doesn't make me a zergling. Its definitely a different playstyle. It's not one I can handle six players at a time. It's not a magplar meta dueling build that's going to win me comps in dueling.

It's a kitey build I've been playing that is extremely rewarding to play. Its punishing to my own mistakes, but punishes mistakes of others even harder.

I dont hang out inside of zergs or large groups, but I do play on the outskirts of large battles and try to pull some enemies off and handle them, I also partake in resource farming and tower humping. And occasionally I'll group with another player if I find the reactions of my targets to be too overwhelming. Non of these equates to zerging

You should try the setup. See if you can handle the heat
  • vonknobby
    vonknobby
    @Trancestor

Common now. Just because I make a decision to stop playing the tanky meta doesn't make me a zergling. Its definitely a different playstyle. It's not one I can handle six players at a time. It's not a magplar meta dueling build that's going to win me comps in dueling.

It's a kitey build I've been playing that is extremely rewarding to play. Its punishing to my own mistakes, but punishes mistakes of others even harder.

I dont hang out inside of zergs or large groups, but I do play on the outskirts of large battles and try to pull some enemies off and handle them, I also partake in resource farming and tower humping. And occasionally I'll group with another player if I find the reactions of my targets to be too overwhelming. Non of these equates to zerging

You should try the setup. See if you can handle the heat

So do you not use Sweeps?
    🍺[PC|NA] "Futz Puckerz" [AD|PvX]🍺 Recruiting New, Returning, and Veteran players.
  • Baconlad
    Baconlad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes...the build first began when I stopped playing my dark flare spam glass build, wanted to achieve high ass numbers in a melee setup that was more tanky due to skills and SnB than the flare build.

Its centered around melee and sweeps as main damage
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol had a friend start playing. He's pretty competitive. He chose templar bc i play 1. We went duo in cyrodiil no cp. The lag, with maybe people total any where around us, caused the usual templar sweeps not hiting except 1 hit.

He quit playing eso(no one wants to learn to play a new game in sht performance) and bought diablo 3

Yes zos. Your God awful performance makes your game less appealing than a game with almost 0 depth, no pvp, and no story line. Get it together.

• Udrath
    Udrath
    ✭✭✭✭
    My opinion and advice as a solo player in no-cp:

Okay, so, I recently branched out and ended up focusing on magplar for more team play. My main is a magblade that is very get in and get out. High spell penetration, high Max Magicka and I only play no-cp. I can kill a single player in under 2 seconds when things align due to fear. So here are a few things to keep in mind that I learned recently when giving magplar a try in this patch coming from magblade for no-cp expecting lots of karma. You probably know all these things.

Assume everyone thinks you’re a healer and their going make sure you need to die.

Radiant light is a must on the front bar cause good night blades hit too hard due to these high penetration builds. They won’t quit and popping that pretty much ends them at the cost of 2k magicka. Normally.

25k HP or more. This gives a lot of cushion for those random 10k spectral bows and double dragon leaps 20 meters away while being sniped inside a wardens blizzard for twenty years— all while kiting 2 melee cause your team died, and you just want to make it back to your graveyard but the sorcerer steaks through you to show you he’s actually a bunny. You’ll survive all of this somehow.

15k stamina cause you have to be able to block stupid hard hitting attacks, soul assault, shalks, frags, etc.

1.5k mag recovery a least.

So after testing numerous sets I found this worked for me due to my bar set up for melee magplar....

I run high mitigation on my back bar with 30k+ resistances with sword and board back bar and always death wind. Lightning staff front bar and I run crafty on the body and wizard riposte on my front bar. I prefer mix matching monster sets for their stats with defending traits on my weapons. I try to stay on my front bar as much as possible to keep pressure out and get wizard riposte rolling. Sometimes I change things around and put wizard riposte on both bars. Had better results with deaths wind.

Overall in no-cp it’s very strong against certain classes and mobile; however any ranged just decimate me if they can focus me long enough. It’s hard to play magicka melee due how majority of ranged damage dealers are running spinners and Max Magicka... and with our limited blocking and roll dodging. Yeah.

So... I think ranged magplar is better for no-cp at the moment after frustratingly trying to melee outside of a 1v1 or 1v2 which is SUPER fun as melee magplar, just not against better and well aged cheese builds. Pirate smelly will be shredded so idk what next patch will look like for most magplars that leaned on it. Their ultimate needs major protection returned in exchange I think.

BTB/crafty/spinners Max Magicka high spell penetration is one fit all any magicka class and destroys build diversity due to how powerful those stats are.

Brawling is becoming a dying art as long as people can achieve 18k+ spell pen in no-cp, and I will keeping ganking until it is nerfed. Then I will play my favourite class again.

Good luck!
  • Syiccal
    Syiccal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Udrath wrote: »
    My opinion and advice as a solo player in no-cp:

Okay, so, I recently branched out and ended up focusing on magplar for more team play. My main is a magblade that is very get in and get out. High spell penetration, high Max Magicka and I only play no-cp. I can kill a single player in under 2 seconds when things align due to fear. So here are a few things to keep in mind that I learned recently when giving magplar a try in this patch coming from magblade for no-cp expecting lots of karma. You probably know all these things.

Assume everyone thinks you’re a healer and their going make sure you need to die.

Radiant light is a must on the front bar cause good night blades hit too hard due to these high penetration builds. They won’t quit and popping that pretty much ends them at the cost of 2k magicka. Normally.

25k HP or more. This gives a lot of cushion for those random 10k spectral bows and double dragon leaps 20 meters away while being sniped inside a wardens blizzard for twenty years— all while kiting 2 melee cause your team died, and you just want to make it back to your graveyard but the sorcerer steaks through you to show you he’s actually a bunny. You’ll survive all of this somehow.

15k stamina cause you have to be able to block stupid hard hitting attacks, soul assault, shalks, frags, etc.

1.5k mag recovery a least.

So after testing numerous sets I found this worked for me due to my bar set up for melee magplar....

I run high mitigation on my back bar with 30k+ resistances with sword and board back bar and always death wind. Lightning staff front bar and I run crafty on the body and wizard riposte on my front bar. I prefer mix matching monster sets for their stats with defending traits on my weapons. I try to stay on my front bar as much as possible to keep pressure out and get wizard riposte rolling. Sometimes I change things around and put wizard riposte on both bars. Had better results with deaths wind.

Overall in no-cp it’s very strong against certain classes and mobile; however any ranged just decimate me if they can focus me long enough. It’s hard to play magicka melee due how majority of ranged damage dealers are running spinners and Max Magicka... and with our limited blocking and roll dodging. Yeah.

So... I think ranged magplar is better for no-cp at the moment after frustratingly trying to melee outside of a 1v1 or 1v2 which is SUPER fun as melee magplar, just not against better and well aged cheese builds. Pirate smelly will be shredded so idk what next patch will look like for most magplars that leaned on it. Their ultimate needs major protection returned in exchange I think.

BTB/crafty/spinners Max Magicka high spell penetration is one fit all any magicka class and destroys build diversity due to how powerful those stats are.

Brawling is becoming a dying art as long as people can achieve 18k+ spell pen in no-cp, and I will keeping ganking until it is nerfed. Then I will play my favourite class again.

Good luck!

Try out buffered the swift, it will allow you to run an offensive monster set.
  • Udrath
    Udrath
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Syiccal
    Soon as I get my gold back up again from all golding out stuff for testing I will. I'd like to pair it with light of cyrodiil, and skoria or engine guardian... maybe blood spawn? Not sure. Did you notice a big difference with it?

Edited by Udrath on July 16, 2019 4:27PM
  • Mrsinister2
    Mrsinister2
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I never thought of this and always wondered why I get focused really hard in fights. I had hoped I was just so dangerous they needed to kill me asap but that makes more sense :lol:
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I

I never thought of this and always wondered why I get focused really hard in fights. I had hoped I was just so dangerous they needed to kill me asap but that makes more sense :lol:

It’s also because most players in BGs and pvp in general jump onto low health targets trying to get the killing blow.

If you try to heal reactively after you take damage people will keep attacking thinking you’re under pressure. Those who shield could be closer to being depleted but it doesn’t look that way to your opponents.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • tsaescishoeshiner
    tsaescishoeshiner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    For gear though I run spinner, spell strategist and bloodspawn or slimecraw. I run 4800 spell damage (before spell strat on single target) and 36k max mag. I'm only running 740 unbuffed regen but am using deep thoughts (use it when you are low and stamina and ur magick will be fine)

I'm testing the limits of magic regen at lowest amounts possible. I wanted to see what kind of pressure is possible on magplar when built for glass and melee oriented, it's not bad at all. An occasional heavy attack and elemental drain ensure offensive regen is good

^This. I ran Spinner's, Warmaiden's, Slimecraw (all Divines) for a non-NB gank build in battlegrounds before Dark Flare got nerfled.
    ~700 magicka regen, 197% critical damage (khajiit, Channelled Acceleration, Shadow Mundus). Unbuffed Dark Flare tooltip was like 11.9k in no-CP. Tri-stat food for stam to break free & roll twice

Front bar: Radiant Oppression, Breath of Life, Dark Flare, Javelin, Inner Light, Meteor. Fire staff (Precise)

Back bar: Rune Focus, Elemental Weapon, Blazing Spear*, Channelled Acceleration, Inner Light/Entropy, Heal ult. Lightning staff (Defending)

*for sneaky sneakblades & group fights

The gank wombo combo: Use Elemental weapon (but don't light attack yet!), Dark Flare, THEN Light attack, Javelin, LA, Radiant Oppression. So light attack, flare, elemental weapon, javelin, and possibly a Burning Light proc hit all at once 🤗

It felt like having the power to delete other people's characters lol. 1v1's were absolutely exhilarating
    People usually died from the first tick of radiant oppression before the animation even goes off. Impen or not

With no mag recovery, I often had to step aside, stand on rune and/or heavy attack spam. But a heavy attack -> Javelin -> LA -> Radiant Oppression combo when out of magicka was almost as deadly with this much critical damage, and Spinner's + Slimecraw

Most battlegrounds modes have downtime that give you time to recover and reward sacrificing recovery IMO. This build was also able to burst heal a group thanks to just healing ult & Breath of Life

Warmaiden's is cheap and underrated for magplars tbh

Epilogue: The 37% damage nerf to Dark Flare probably ruined this delicious, stupid build and I've been too sad about it to even try since lol
    Edited by tsaescishoeshiner on July 19, 2019 1:06PM
    PC-NA
    in-game: @tsaescishoeshiner