The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Code redemption when you already own it?

Ratzkifal
Ratzkifal
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Hi, I got a code for a Doom Wolf mount from playing Elder Scrolls Legends. I already own that mount. If I try to redeem that code, will I be granted crowns instead or what would happen?
I'd hate to try it out only to find out that I gained nothing and invalidated the code that I could have given to a friend otherwise.
This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
  • Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Ratzkifal

In my humble opinion, you should re-post your inquiry in the General section of this forum, where issues such as this receive attention. Post it with @ZOS_BillE and/or @ZOS_JessicaFolsom on the first line. (It is not a technical issue.)

Most likely, the award is not transferable to another player, and cannot be sold or exchanged for Crowns. But I could be wrong. :wink:

Edited by Shadowshire on July 17, 2019 8:26PM
    --- Shadowshire .......... ESO Plus on PC NA with Windows 7 Pro SP1

nil carborundum illegitimi
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Ratzkifal

In my humble opinion, you should re-post your inquiry in the General section of this forum, where issues such as this receive attention. Post it with @ZOS_BillE and/or @ZOS_JessicaFolsom on the first line. (It is not a technical issue.)

Most likely, the award is not transferable to another player, and cannot be sold or exchanged for Crowns. But I could be wrong. :wink:

@Shadowshire Thanks for pointing that out. I was looking for an official ZOS reply though and before making a ticket I thought this would be a good place to try out. It is definitely transferable though as I could simply type the code to someone to redeem it if I wanted. I could also sell it, like crowns-for-gold in zone. That might not be within the TOS anymore though (gonna check that soon), but this is definitely possible.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Ratzkifal

You would not receive crowns for redeeming the Doom Wolf mount code on your account. It would simply add the entitlement again which you already own.
    Edited by ZOS_Bill on July 21, 2019 4:36PM
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for taking the time to clear this up for me! I'll make sure to give the code away and make someone else happy then.