Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

cyrodil problems in elsweyr

eso_lags
eso_lags
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Ill give the examples based on any given day in the 30 day campaign, at nearly any time.

Constant disconnects. Load screens every 15 minutes or so, at random. Load screen when a keep flips. Constant health desyncs, dying at full health etc. Skills not going off after multiple tries. Skills taking 5 to 10 seconds to go off, for example I hit a rally and wait 5 seconds and then it goes off. Skills saying "target is out of range", constantly. Constantly. Damage skills and skills that you use on yourself, like vigor. Ultimate's getting eaten, meaning you use it and nothing happens but you lose the ultimate. Double stuns running wild. CC break taking 4+ seconds. And the worst of all is the game looking like an old fashioned picture book. 2 fps or something Idk. Near big fights, and in the middle of nowhere.

So can I get any help? @ZOS_BillE Thank you.
  • SweepsAllClowns
    SweepsAllClowns
    ✭✭✭✭
    I can confirm these with my about 4 years experience on Xbox EU and about 5 weeks on Xbox NA servers, there's no help coming for fixing, I can guarantee that.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @eso_lags

Are these issues with disconnections, lag, and desyncing only happening in Cyrodiil, or have you experienced these issues in other zones?

Are you on the Xbox-NA or Xbox-EU server?

Cyrodiil due to PvP can often be more prone to lag and desync depending on the amount of players on screen. If you've went through standard troubleshooting here already, we recommend reporting these issues in a ticket here.

The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • eso_lags
    eso_lags
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »
    @eso_lags

Are these issues with disconnections, lag, and desyncing only happening in Cyrodiil, or have you experienced these issues in other zones?

Cyrodiil due to PvP can often be more prone to lag and desync depending on the amount of players on screen. If you've went through standard troubleshooting here already, we recommend reporting these issues in a ticket here.

Yes cyrodil mainly but it happens in any zone where there are a lot of players. Event zones, undaunted cities at prime time. Any zone with a large amount of players. This is an mmo. I understand that cyrodil can be more prone to lag because of the amount of people sometimes fighting, but that was the intention wasnt it? To have large battles? I've experienced lag in other mmos with large fights, such as GW2, but nothing of this magnitude on a daily basis for years. Performance issues that make it so you can barely play, constantly.

And I would understand it if i was running around in 100+ fights but this isnt the case. I have a clip im going to link of some issues. This is like a 10 person fight, if that. I can go to the middle of nowhere, where no one is fighting, and still have these issues. Of course its worse when I am at a massive keep fight, but 5 people in the middle of nowhere? 20 people at an outpost? No, its the entire pop locked campaign. Cant even play in it tbh. Not unless you are in a massive zerg not really doing much strategically.

I was told to post here by someone. I know you cannot resolve the issue. Maybe in some cases but I have gone through every step possible. Gone above and beyond to upgrade my hardware (router, modem, xbox, internet, etc) to make things work. Watched countless people deal with the same thing on a daily basis, and many of them leave because of it. Put in countless tickets only be told, in the end, to check with my ISP. I just want to know that you guys are aware of how bad it really is, especially on console. I can post endless videos if you want of every specific issue happening to countless players just trying to play the game every day. Thank you for your time. If you want the videos let me know.

• Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @eso_lags

Dude... you guys better figure it out. It's the worst I have ever seen it since launch. Zone chat in Cyrodiil is full of people begging for another game to come out. People who have been here since the beginning. The troubleshooting links are just plain lazy. The game is broken man.
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
  • eso_lags
    eso_lags
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @eso_lags

nothing? I have more videos of the other issues if you want. health desyncs, extreme fps loss, load screens, crashes, massive ability delays. Thats probably the biggest issue here. I mean I had someone go for a FULL TIMED REVIVE today while my dswing was channeling on them. Just take that in for a second. They spend like 6 seconds reviving their friend, and it took the full time for my dswing to go off. Come on.
  • Haink
    Haink
    ✭✭
    @eso_lags

Can we get a real response? These complaints have been on going for some time. As much as I appreciate you taking the time to respond to this person here, it really seems disingenuous to act like this is some unknown issue. I know personally I have been considering unsubscribing from this game due to lack of acknowledgement from this company. You guys owe it to the people of this game to provide some sort of solution other than "we are working on it". Put your big boy/girl pants on and take responsibility and work to resolve these issues this community is bringing to your attention. This is a wonderful game but the lag is atrocious and will sooner or later push people away.

I am sure there are plenty of videos already posted for reference of how bad it is.
  • Karivaa
    Karivaa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have done everything recommended to trouble shoot this and it is no better. Thanks for closing my thread.
  • eso_lags
    eso_lags
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Karivaa wrote: »
    I have done everything recommended to trouble shoot this and it is no better. Thanks for closing my thread.

Theres not much you can do. The problem is on their end and its on a massive scale. I think some people at zos are doing their best to help people with troubleshooting but at the end of the day this and the other performance issues are happening to nearly all of us.

The best thing you can do is stay out of kaalgrontiid (these new names are awful) because the lag and issues are going to be so much worse in there. Soooooooooo very much worse.

And for those of us who are unlucky enough to play on xbox, that means we can either play in kaal and lag or go to one of the other campaigns which are usually dead unless its prime time. and even then, no CP is dead and yolnahkriin is usually 1 maybe 2 bars at prime time..

And not everyone can play at prime time. Our options are limited until someone who is making decisions about this starts to make it a top priority. And im pretty sure those people arent reading our posts so it feels a bit stagnant right now.
  • Karivaa
    Karivaa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Disconnects tonight are worst than ever! Bunch of people logged off because we can’t play like this.
  • eso_lags
    eso_lags
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Disconnects tonight are worst than ever! Bunch of people logged off because we can’t play like this.

Its sad but this is the result of what the games become. Ive had many friends quit because we just cant play. Its particularly bad on xbox because, like i said, your options are an unplayable campaign or a pretty much dead campaign. Not fun.

The 7 day should be decent right now though. And I could be off base here as well, I know there was an update today, and ive yet to go into cyro so maybe they broke something else and im unaware. Ill find out soon though, but it does sound like the usual performance issues to me.
  • eso_lags
    eso_lags
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @eso_lags

So i guess thats a no....
  • Karivaa
    Karivaa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Right? How are we supposed to submit a ticket about lag?
  • eso_lags
    eso_lags
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Right? How are we supposed to submit a ticket about lag?

I mean you can but again if they cant help you, and most of the times they cant, its going to end in "check your ISP". Which is actually hilarious. Its always good to do it though, and do the troubleshooting steps, because sometimes it will help. But if its the general issues that most of the player base is having then most likely you'll get nowhere. But again, worth a try.

Im more concerned with the lies about communication. They keep saying they'll do better but they dont.

@ZOS_BillE heres another one for you. Happening to a few of my characters, but not all. My stam sorc and stamplar, for example, are having these sound and desync issues which pretty much make them useless. Meanwhile my magden and stam necro are fine. The video is from another thread but this is the issue. Everywhere in the game, inside cyro and in regular zones. From 1 enemy to 20. Gets me killed so much, how long should we have to deal with this stuff??!!
    Endlicht wrote: »
  • veroxiousvemo
    veroxiousvemo
    ✭✭✭
    I've never set foot in Cyrodil, but in other areas like Clockwork City, Grahtwood, Vvardenfell - pretty much any areas I visit, I would experience frame lag, audio not syncing, npc not responding at times.

Is it my connection? Is it because there are more than the supposed number of players in the area? How do I check the number of players currently in the area? I'm on Xbox.

I haven't been questing since last week. Now I only login to collect the daily rewards and upgrade riding skill :/
    G'day! | Xbox NA CP1666