The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Increased Siege Damage is Boring?

• Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Marcus684 wrote: »
    Ahtu wrote: »
    Ever since ZOS broke siege damage for a week resulting in insane damage, and subsequently decided to buff siege damage by 30% of initial values to improve game performance, I feel like PvP in Cyrodiil has become stale and stagnant. Players are now turtling in keeps and gates, setting up siege, and generally avoid PvP altogether. Things are more realistic and even now, and performance has improved, but I can't help but wonder if siege damage was buffed a little too much.

I know that meatbags can be used as a counter, but I don't like sieging, so am I alone in feeling that Cyrodiil is not as fun as it was before siege was buffed?

The mega-zerg king doesn't like strong siege.

AHHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA!

*Deep breath*

HAHAHAHAAHAAHAHAA!

You realize that his zergs are able to use siege to even greater benefit than the groups they outnumber, right? Every action is stronger when you do it with zerg numbers. That's not a design flaw, it's just how numbers work. Lowering siege damage wouldn't help his zergs, it would make it easier to deal with the constant ambient siege damage his groups throw out.
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
  • Marcus684
    Marcus684
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Recremen wrote: »
    Ever since ZOS broke siege damage for a week resulting in insane damage, and subsequently decided to buff siege damage by 30% of initial values to improve game performance, I feel like PvP in Cyrodiil has become stale and stagnant. Players are now turtling in keeps and gates, setting up siege, and generally avoid PvP altogether. Things are more realistic and even now, and performance has improved, but I can't help but wonder if siege damage was buffed a little too much.

I know that meatbags can be used as a counter, but I don't like sieging, so am I alone in feeling that Cyrodiil is not as fun as it was before siege was buffed?

AHHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA!

*Deep breath*

HAHAHAHAAHAAHAHAA!

You realize that his zergs are able to use siege to even greater benefit than the groups they outnumber, right? Every action is stronger when you do it with zerg numbers. That's not a design flaw, it's just how numbers work. Lowering siege damage wouldn't help his zergs, it would make it easier to deal with the constant ambient siege damage his groups throw out.

Yes, I realize that any anti-zerg tool ZOS has can also be used by the zerg, but strong siege is one of the few effective tools to combat faction stacks, and his mega-herds were full of light-attack heroes that refused to drop siege and died in 2 seconds to a well-placed meatbag. Even greatly outnumbered we've managed to wipe his zerg, but only if we used siege to slow it down long enough for DC to fight through the lag and disconnects it brings and win by attrition.
    Edited by Marcus684 on July 16, 2019 1:46PM
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

AHHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA!

*Deep breath*

HAHAHAHAAHAAHAHAA!

Yes, I realize that any anti-zerg tool ZOS has can also be used by the zerg, but strong siege is one of the few effective tools to combat faction stacks, and his mega-herds were full of light-attack heroes that refused to drop siege and died in 2 seconds to a well-placed meatbag. Even greatly outnumbered we've managed to wipe his zerg, but only if we used siege to slow it down long enough for DC to fight through the lag and disconnects it brings and win by attrition.

You have plenty of good coordinated guilds on DC. If the pugs stay back and siege, even with decreased siege damage, they'd enable folks like Iron Legion or whoever to push in with coordinated AoE dumps and clean them up. You don't need to rely exclusively on giant siege damage. I expect, in fact, that you could fully halve the damage sieges currently do and you'd still wind up wiping them since the biggest factors at play are the healing debuff and the strain on their purgers.
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
  • Marcus684
    Marcus684
    ✭✭✭✭✭

AHHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA!

*Deep breath*

HAHAHAHAAHAAHAHAA!

You have plenty of good coordinated guilds on DC. If the pugs stay back and siege, even with decreased siege damage, they'd enable folks like Iron Legion or whoever to push in with coordinated AoE dumps and clean them up. You don't need to rely exclusively on giant siege damage. I expect, in fact, that you could fully halve the damage sieges currently do and you'd still wind up wiping them since the biggest factors at play are the healing debuff and the strain on their purgers.

The last time I spent any serious time in Cyro, which admittedly has been a few weeks, the good coordinated DC guilds seemed to mostly be taking a break, because we'd find ourselves usually trying to stop the EP faction stack with a fraction of their number of pugs and soloers. Hopefully things have gotten better, but I'll have to take people's word for it because I don't have the energy to deal with the lag and load screens anymore. Real life is painful enough without that shite.
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

AHHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA!

*Deep breath*

HAHAHAHAAHAAHAHAA!

The last time I spent any serious time in Cyro, which admittedly has been a few weeks, the good coordinated DC guilds seemed to mostly be taking a break, because we'd find ourselves usually trying to stop the EP faction stack with a fraction of their number of pugs and soloers. Hopefully things have gotten better, but I'll have to take people's word for it because I don't have the energy to deal with the lag and load screens anymore. Real life is painful enough without that shite.

It's possible they were just not on at the time, most guilds aren't running every night and are usually just doing so for 2-4 hour time slots. I'm AD, though, so I don't have the greatest handle on when each DC guild runs.
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
  • frostz417
    frostz417
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Gariele wrote: »
    frostz417 wrote: »
    This is the problem with pvp crybabies. Instead of working around the issue, they QQ about it and demand nerfs. Glad that Ahtu is learning that it's all about adapting.

How about the rest of you crybabies do?

Sorry, but when I’m in a 3 man group and the 10 man I’m fighting just runs back to a keep to siege. There’s an issue that needs to be addressed.

Are you really QQing cause people wouldn’t allow themselves to be farmed. That logic

Did I say I was farming them? No I didnt.
    I speak of literally any situation. Could be in the middle of nowhere and I’m in a 4 man and we just suddenly run into a 12 man grp. They’ll just run and siege instead of fighting.
    Shows you what’s wrong with this games pvp.
    PvDoor zerglings who claim they’re the real pvpers who only zerg down keeps and siege claim its healthy PvP are what’s wrong with eso pvp.
    Increased siege damage is absurd as hell, because it just encourages trash players to not even bother growing thumbs to fight, it just encourages them to just sit and siege as soon as they see a single player.
    I can understand using it against big zerg blobs. But in that case it should work similar to proximity detonation, so it’s more effective against bigger numbers rather than a bunch of worthless potato’s who outnumber player so yet still siege them.
    Siege needs a rework because in its current state it’s just ridiculous.
    As I said before, make it work like proxy detonation so it’s more effective against large Zergs and not against smaller groups.
  • Dutchessx
    Dutchessx
    ✭✭✭✭
    Actually I like the buffed siege it is siege it should hurt an kill you if you aren’t careful but I agree with the OP that people sit on the wall too much.
    Former Guild Leader Darkest Requiem
    Dutchessx - Sorcerer - EP NA
    Dütchess - Templar - DC NA
    Dutchess of Lost Souls - DC NA
    The Dark Dutchess- Sorcerer - DC NA
    Ðutchess - Templar - DC NA
    Always beware the sound of hooves in the night
    Remember Haderus
    Remember Azura's Star
  • Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ever since siege damage was buffed by 30% of initial values, I feel like PvP in Cyrodiil has become stale and stagnant. Players are now turtling in keeps and gates, setting up siege, and generally avoiding PvP altogether. Things are more realistic and even now, and performance has improved, but I can't help but wonder if siege damage was buffed a little too much.

Players retreating to keeps because seige is stronger is not because pvp is stale and stagnant, it is because players want a sure win with 0 probability of loss, and if that's what they want pvp to be then they should stay on siege. You don't get to be up front if you don't want to take a risk, because with no risk there is no competition and THAT is bad pvp.
    The Tomb of FPS Alteration Magic - Everything You Need to Know About FPS
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/520903/tomb-of-fps-alteration-magic-everything-you-need-to-know-about-fps
    Praise Malacath.