Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What new mounts do you want to see in future?

• DR4GONFL1
    DR4GONFL1
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would like to see a horse resembling the Nazgul horse...
    Edited by DR4GONFL1 on June 27, 2019 3:30PM
  • monk222
    monk222
    ✭✭
    How bout a big Clannfear?
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would also like to see Ogres, Minotaurs or perhaps even giants give "piggyback" rides to characters, you know, like...
    master_blaster.png
    :p;)

And while we're at it... how about some slave-carried litter or sedan chair, for those who really, really want to roleplay as telvanni scu... uhm... people of questionable morals. (and they could sell it in various races flavor!)
    monk222 wrote: »
    How bout a big Clannfear?
    ...or other daedric beasts of burden?
    I mean, they copy mortals with the dremora, they copy animals with many daedra, they copy dragons with the titans... why not copy some more? Daedric steeds, daedric crawlers (aka, daedric nix-ox), daedric ravegers (like wolf and senche in one)... I could see those become -very- popular with some sorcs...
  • 2Weenies
    2Weenies
    ✭✭✭
    And while we're at it... how about some slave-carried litter or sedan chair, for those who really, really want to roleplay as telvanni scu... uhm... people of questionable morals.

PvJsude.jpg

Jokes aside, never honestly thought of Telvanni and Dres being carried by sedan chairs. Makes sense considering their use of, ahem, "help."

If not that, then perhaps we can focus on some magical-based mounts that either hover or are summoned in for best house the wizard nerds, maybe even just hovering themselves. Would be pretty easy to animate since the base levitation animation is already in game, but everyone and their mum would probably go ham with this "mount." Who wouldn't want to just float their way over to the next town over?
    "We're watching you, scum." ~ Every Ordinator who witnesses my social media commentary
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Netch. I really want a netch. It's not technically "flying" if it just scoots along at a set height like every other mount. I mean horses could have invisible legs and they'd look floaty, too. I have wanted a netch mount since I first saw netches.
  • CMDR_Un1k0rn
    CMDR_Un1k0rn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Marginis wrote: »
    Marginis wrote: »
    Considering Elsweyr, how has nobody said Dragon yet? Obviously we couldn't have a giant dragon mount, but I'm sure some sort of small drake or wingless wurm could make an appearance if ZOS deemed it acceptable. Perhaps a young hatchling?

There is no such thing as a dragon hatchling.

Dragons are just short of divinity. They have no children. They simply are.

ZOS can find a way around it - just like they did for the dragon pet or the unicorn mount. The rule of cool usually trumps lore friendliness, but it's rare that there isn't a way to make it work for both.

Yes. They made the dragon an Imp that uses illusion magic: Imps are famous in TES for their natural affinity with magicka.

The "unicorn" horse: Clue is in the quotation marks. It's a regular horse with a headplate strapped on. Many examples of this IRL, never mind just in a video game.
    In-game username: Un1korn | Happy member of the PCNA UESP guild (Resident Daggerfall Covenant enjoyer) | Main & basically only character: Crucian Vulpin, Imperial Dragonknight of the Daggerfall Covenant, and Undaunted Bulwark (I tank) | If you know me from PCEU: No
  • Ajaxandriel
    Ajaxandriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Natural mounts please

- Echatere

- Wamasu

- Durzog

-Gryphon ? (for altmer characters only :p and non-flying)

- Mammoth ?
    TESO:Triskelion - forum RP, guilde francophone
    Ajaxandriel - haut-elfe gardien 50 ;
    Altarya - haute-elfe templière 50 ;
    Angelith - elfe des bois gardienne 50 ;
    Antarius Scorpio - impérial chevalier-dragon 50 ;
    Artémidore de Corbeaulieu - bréton lame noire 50 ;
    Azothos Sadras - elfe noir sorcier 50 ;
    Celestras - haut-elfe sorcier 50 ;
    Diluviatar - elfe des mers sorcier 50 ;
    Dorguldun gro-Arash - orque sorcier 50 ;
    Hjarnar - nordique sorcier 50 ;
    Jendaya al-Gilane - rougegarde chevalier-dragon 50 ;
    Sabbathnazar Ullikummi - elfe noir chevalier-dragon 50 ;
    Selvaryn Virotès - elfe noire lame noire 50 ;
    Tahajmi - khajiit sorcière 50 ;
    Telernil - haut-elfe templier 50 ;
    Zadzadak - gobelin nécromancien 50 ;
    Zandoga - rougegarde chevalier-dragon 50
  • Reistr_the_Unbroken
    Reistr_the_Unbroken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Daedric. Titan.
  • CMDR_Un1k0rn
    CMDR_Un1k0rn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'd like to see a merchant horse.

Would be a killer mount for pro-traders, no?
    In-game username: Un1korn | Happy member of the PCNA UESP guild (Resident Daggerfall Covenant enjoyer) | Main & basically only character: Crucian Vulpin, Imperial Dragonknight of the Daggerfall Covenant, and Undaunted Bulwark (I tank) | If you know me from PCEU: No
  • thegreatme
    thegreatme
    ✭✭✭✭
    SydneyGrey wrote: »
    Gryphon. They can say it's a smaller species of gryphon that isn't strong enough to fly with a rider on its back. Would be cool if it could open its wings and glide slightly when you jump, though.

I remember the zoo quest in Summerset mentioned griffons afflicted with a disease that meant their wings had to be amputated so they could live but would no longer be able to fly and had to live in captivity. Seems like a good lore-bit from the game to build off of to justify where non-flying griffon mounts could be coming from.

Gilvoth wrote: »
    mounts that allow me to stay in stealth.
    rogue assassin type playstyle mounts that allow for remained stealth and remain hidden.

I've been thinking this for a long time! Sneak-mode mounts! Imagine being a sneaky assassin and creeping up on an enemy silently on the back of a big cat or wolf? That would be amazing :smiley:

Inhuman003 wrote: »
    I would like to have Elsweyr Terror Bird as a mount, can you guys see it. If a Kagouti can be tame so can a Terror Bird.
    esp1992 wrote: »
    I was thinking we could have something new for once like a Terror Bird, a Great Bighorn Ram, or even a Dire Boar.

Terror Birds! This is actually the whole reason I came to the forums on a mount topic. Terror birds seem like they would be a perfect species to make mounts for. The bird models already exist. Just slap some saddles and stuff on them :3

wishlist14 wrote: »
    A giant raven mount, black as night. You could ride the raven upright so it wouldnt have to fly but run. That would he a good mount for my vampire and necromancers or sorcerers.

At that point I'd say a black Terror Bird mount would be your best bet. An actual crow or raven isn't built for running sadly, but I'd be happy with a raven-looking Terror Bird. There are already black-feathered ones in parts of Elswyer. Suffice to say I wouldn't mind seeing raven pets, or just bird pets in general. Falcons, owls, condors, etc. I mean there are a few mementos featuring birds but its not the same thing.

Jim_Pipp wrote: »
    I'd love "mounts" that transform your character model - turning your character into the mount instead of having some other creature pop up out of nowhere!

My favourite would simply look like the standard werewolf transformation, except you don't get any of the buffs or skills, you just move at mounted speed, and getting dismounted transforms you back.

Other mount transformations that seen cool would be changing into a flock of crows or bats.

I'd love both of these tbh, but especially the being able to turn into a flock of crows.

albesca wrote: »
    Besides mounts I'd like to ride a cart, myself

One of the #1 things I want to see in games and almost never do is drivable carts. Thank the Powers That Be that Skyrim is moddable and people actually made mods for that. Otherwise I'd love to see this in ESO.

Minyassa wrote: »
    I would like this to be available for crowns. If they are available for gems they may as well not exist and it will just *** me off. Still resentful over the nightmare dwemer spider, will never forgive them for making that cost gems.

My feelings on the Gloamwolf gem exclusive. Something I would have definitely bought for crowns, but having to buy something like $200 in crates just to possibly have enough for the one mount and a lot of other random extras I'll never care to use? Absolutely not.
    Edited by thegreatme on July 12, 2019 4:27AM
    Join my Nocturnal-devoted Mercenary Reach guild! https://esokrakeclan.weebly.com/
    My Artstation | Deviantart | Youtube | Furaffinity

Thank You ZoS!:
    ◙ Blackfeather Court banker/merchant
    ◙ Gloam Indrik
    ◙ Re-release Gloam Wolf Mount

Let's See It Happen ZoS:
    ◙ /honorloop emote
    ◙ cross-legged sitting emote
    ◙ Evergloam house
    ◙ Hagraven Polymorph
    ◙ Hagraven Houseguest
  • Aelorin
    Aelorin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Basically anything that is not a bear, camel, guar, steed, cat or wolf.... <3
    And so the Elder Scrolls foretold.You will be shy, and I will be bold.
  • rexagamemnon
    rexagamemnon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Id like to see anything other than a reskin of a big cat including the sench-raht as well as the normal sench, wolf, horse, bear, dromedary camel, guar.

Instead how about:
    Terror bird
    Gallimimus
    Mammoth
    Giant ibex/ram
    Moose
    Giant spider
    “The big woman” Titanborn!
    Bactrian camel
    Wamasu
    Giant lizard
    Echetere
  • pdblake
    pdblake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want to piggy back on a giant nixad.
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    +1 for the Terror Bird. I think it makes more sense than the existing wolf and senche mounts.

The wamasu and other reptiles would be OK for short sprints, but don't work well for long-distance mounts. Mammoth and Echatere are pack animals, rather than riding ones.

Clannfear would make decent mounts, too. A large enough beetle - although we already have the nix-ox, so it's not a major change from that.
  • CMDR_Un1k0rn
    CMDR_Un1k0rn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'd like to see a merchant horse.

Would be a killer mount for pro-traders, no?

Well I guess the Bandaari horse fills this niche!
  • Defilted
    Defilted
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nightmare bear please. Have money I can throw.
    XBOX NA
    XBOX Series X

#NightmareBear
  • Radiance
    Radiance
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cow.

But also I was really expecting and hoping for a Tall, Glorious Gold Ostrich-Like Bird Mount with Summerset. I like the Indrik but not quite what I was looking for... Never played this game but apparently it already exists and is called a Chocobo!

TAKE MY MONEY!!!
    2m5ccip.png
    ncavwx.png
    x3i9mh.png
    34zkj77.png
    2hmmyhf.png
  • Crixus8000
    Crixus8000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really want an orc mount.
  • CMDR_Un1k0rn
    CMDR_Un1k0rn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Radiance wrote: »
    Cow.

But also I was really expecting and hoping for a Tall, Glorious Gold Ostrich-Like Bird Mount with Summerset. I like the Indrik but not quite what I was looking for... Never played this game but apparently it already exists and is called a Chocobo!

TAKE MY MONEY!!!
    2m5ccip.png
    ncavwx.png
    x3i9mh.png
    34zkj77.png
    2hmmyhf.png

I mean let's refrain from those stupid weeb mounts...

But we do have Terrorbirds now. That is something that could be a cool mount.
  • Radiance
    Radiance
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well, I'm not a "Weeb." I don't watch anime and I'm perfectly content in my own race. So let's refrain from the use of "Stupid Weeb." Terror birds or whatever IDGAF what you call it, I want that ******* Bird Mount. What we have here is a list of stuff that won't likely be happening any time soon anyway so... get over yourself. Your wants are not any more valid than anyone else's. That's the 2nd time you shot down someone else's idea's on this post alone. What's the ESO equivalent of a "Weeb!?" LOL
    Edited by Radiance on July 13, 2019 10:13AM
  • Living_Ded
    Living_Ded
    ✭✭✭
    Gryphons, varied coat varieties for senche-raht, an actual spider or two (not the dwarven ones but an actual insectoid), and a not-fake unicorn.
    @LivingDed
    necro healer, warden healer, templar healer, stam/magblade
  • Aptonoth
    Aptonoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wamasu, silt hopper, and dwarven steam hover pack.
  • CMDR_Un1k0rn
    CMDR_Un1k0rn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Radiance wrote: »

Well, I'm not a "Weeb." I don't watch anime and I'm perfectly content in my own race. So let's refrain from the use of "Stupid Weeb." Terror birds or whatever IDGAF what you call it, I want that ******* Bird Mount. What we have here is a list of stuff that won't likely be happening any time soon anyway so... get over yourself. Your wants are not any more valid than anyone else's. That's the 2nd time you shot down someone else's idea's on this post alone. What's the ESO equivalent of a "Weeb!?" LOL

Someone got triggered.

But Chocobos are as Japanese as you get.

JRPGs do have a valid place... But Elder Scrolls is not that place.
  • Inhuman003
    Inhuman003
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wishlist14 wrote: »
    I definately want a cute donkey mount though I'd probably want one as a pet lol and a baby camel pet would be adorable.

Hmm I need to answer the question : A dragon mount would be amazing but it wouldn't fly afcourse, maybe glide low close to the ground. A giant raven mount, black as night. You could ride the raven upright so it wouldnt have to fly but run. That would he a good mount for my vampire and necromancers or sorcerers.

I like the idea of a black raven mount that would be cool let's just hope for a black as night Terror Bird mate.
    Black_Chocobo.jpg
  • Cillion3117
    Cillion3117
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A horse that a dark assassin would ride. Nothing magical or glowy. just a black horse with some cool black saddle and ranes. Maybe with a sword or two sheathed on the saddle.
  • skrvbb10rd
    skrvbb10rd
    ✭✭✭
    A voriplasm!

"get out of my swamp!" - Get-Out-My-Swamp, 2018.
  • Waynerx8
    Waynerx8
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cashcow
  • pay4vue
    pay4vue
    ✭✭
    A VOICE CHAT MOUNT! CAUSE I DON'T HAVE ONE.
  • Lostar
    Lostar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Two

Person

MOUNTS
    I paint stuff sometimes...
    https://www.instagram.com/artoflostar/
  • Lostar
    Lostar
    ✭✭✭✭
    pay4vue wrote: »
    A VOICE CHAT MOUNT! CAUSE I DON'T HAVE ONE.

...wtf is a voice chat mount.
    I paint stuff sometimes...
    https://www.instagram.com/artoflostar/