The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

I've discovered my achiles heel in this game.

Jasstenn
Jasstenn
✭✭
I need to quit relying on the fast travel, its killing my gold purse... I'm so used to just fast traveling everywhere and I keep wondering why I have no gold, Even with the cooldown 89gold per travel, that gets pricey fast, when repair costs can end up exceeding 800+ gold,
Somebody ate my sweet roll.

Marrowind Musketeers
Guild Officer
  • Phranq
    Phranq
    ✭✭✭
    You do realize that if you walk to the nearest shrine, travel to any other shrine is free.....
  • yezuu
    yezuu
    you dont have to pay for fast travel, if you travel from another wayshrine
    Edited by yezuu on April 13, 2014 4:06AM
  • Jasstenn
    Jasstenn
    ✭✭
    Phranq wrote: »
    You do realize that if you walk to the nearest shrine, travel to any other shrine is free.....

Wow, I've been noobing that up since early beta stages... I'm ashamed of myself.

Marrowind Musketeers
    Guild Officer
  • Brennan
    Brennan
    ✭✭✭
    You can also get free travel if fast traveling to guild or group member.
  • Warlordgreebo
    Warlordgreebo
    ✭✭
    Think of how much richer you will now be!!
  • Jasstenn
    Jasstenn
    ✭✭
    I'm so excited! :#

Marrowind Musketeers
    Guild Officer
  • vasdrakken
    vasdrakken
    ✭✭
    Also if you stop paying for it and using the free versions the amount goes down. Basically use the instant gold version only as a last resort and run to the teleport stones and the cost becomes less of an issue.
  • WhiteQueen
    WhiteQueen
    ✭✭✭
    Also, if you strip naked you can use /stuck and port to the nearest shrine (no repair), from which you can port for free.
  • Natjur
    Natjur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fast travel is free FROM ANYWHERE if your in a guild. Use the port to guild member option but pick yourself! When you port to yourself, it moves you to the closest shrine (free and no damage to armor, better then the /stuck option), then port from there to anywhere you really wanted to go via the normal shrine to shrine option

This means you can port from anywhere to any shrine for free! Never pay for porting anywhere again!
    Edited by Natjur on April 13, 2014 10:37PM
  • Tetujin
    Tetujin
    ✭✭✭
    I've seen people teleporting while standing next to a wayshrine, probably with the same misconception. Try to let them know when I catch their name, the cost can really add up.
  • Malediktus
    Malediktus
    ✭✭✭✭
    You can also stop repairing your armor for non veteran open world content. I often run around with 0 armor and do just fine. Just craft a new set of armor every 2 levels or so and you will save heaps of gold
    @Malediktus --- Ebonheart Pact, EU-Megaserver