The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Should Wereboar/Vampire Lord be added to the game?

L0rdV1ct0r
L0rdV1ct0r
✭✭✭
First of all. I know that the lineage of your vampirism in ESO is different than skyrim lineage. I an making an suggestion for a new type of lineage. Same for wereboar. A new type of Lycanthropy

Here is an wereboar VS wereboar
DF-race_portrait_background-Werewolf.gifDF-race_portrait_background-Wereboar.gif
source > https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Daggerfall:Lycanthropy

And the vampire lord looks amazing
LG-cardart-Night_Talon_Lord.png
source > https://en.uesp.net/wiki/File:LG-cardart-Night_Talon_Lord.png
Edited by L0rdV1ct0r on March 31, 2019 9:15PM

Should Wereboar/Vampire Lord be added to the game? 62 votes

Yes to Both(vampire lord and Wereboar should be added)
33%
NerouynMerlinsBrotherDigimanJLAMAR22Ssjx2Vanthras79Militan1404Shawn_PTElectrone_MagnusGrognak524Chaos2088veloSylraptorFiedelstrichDragneel1207MartiniDanielsArgonianwerecroc212UnijZaroktheImmortalL0rdV1ct0rMizoreReyes 21 votes
Yes to Vampire lord(Wereboar should't be added)
22%
ManwithBeard9Rex-UmbraDBZVelenadracul813TelvanniWizardWildberryjackSchokoladeRevokusagasaagasaiIsojukkaApostateHoboReistr_the_UnbrokenNoxavianEscoMb 14 votes
Yes to Wereboar(vampire lord should't be added)
6%
SilverIce58ArtanisuldevaneiosonhoSlimebrow 4 votes
No to both.
37%
AlienSlofStrangerSkworOmniDoEdaphonAsysfeyiiRi_KhanAndrewQ84redspecter23UniversehighkingnmFleetwoodSmackTyharWhite wabbitRainchaser BagaturMichaelkeirSiohwenoehtAshfen 23 votes
  • Iccotak
    Iccotak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    For lycanthropy just add unique skins that players can earn in quests or get in the crown store
    • Were-boar
    • Were-lion
    • Were-bear
    • Were-crocodile
    also Werewolf model needs an overhaul
    Edited by Iccotak on March 31, 2019 9:20PM
  • StormeReigns
    StormeReigns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    https://en.m.uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Lycanthropy

Would love argonian werebat... all the dk with out the lacklust dk boredom.
    Edited by StormeReigns on March 31, 2019 9:27PM
  • Michaelkeir
    Michaelkeir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No to both.
    I can't see them adding Vampire Lords.....with their floating animations. Even a polomorph would be difficult to pull off especially considering it would require new animations that I believe ZoS wouldn't spend the time/energy on the resources to put in game unless it would make a ton of money.

Now werewolf skins i can see. Were-crocodile for Argonians, were-cats for Khajiits, I can see that. No new animation overhaul needed. Just change the skin mesh and slap it in the crown store...$$$.....because I doubt they add it for free.

I predict a vampire DLC is in the works along with a vampire overhaul similar to what they did with werewolves and Wolfhunter dlc. They might add some interesting things and hopefully a vampire polymorph as well.
  • KhajiitFelix
    KhajiitFelix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wereboars are so boring :trollface:
  • L0rdV1ct0r
    L0rdV1ct0r
    ✭✭✭
    I can't see them adding Vampire Lords.....with their floating animations. Even a polomorph would be difficult to pull off especially considering it would require new animations that I believe ZoS wouldn't spend the time/energy on the resources to put in game unless it would make a ton of money.

Even even people who make add ons managed to put an first person add on to werewolfs, i believe that ZoS can make animations can make it.Also, there are lichdom mods for previous eso games with animations and everything.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kmk8Cn-FrCE
    Edited by L0rdV1ct0r on March 31, 2019 9:45PM
  • FleetwoodSmack
    FleetwoodSmack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No to both.
    L0rdV1ct0r wrote: »

Even even people who make add ons managed to put an first person add on to werewolfs, i believe that ZoS can make animations can make it.Also, there are lichdom mods for previous eso games with animations and everything.

Correction; There has only been one "ESO" game. Secondly, the other TES games are on completely different engines (this also includes how animations are modeled, rigged, and properly introduced into the game). Making the dragons for Elsweyr they said was a feat because you have to imagine every realistic position in every realistic scenario in which dragons have to be in order to properly model them. They didn't just port them in from Skyrim. Modders are generally hobbyists. Game development is a completely different monster in which there's a little more involved than just rigging models. I'm not saying it can't be done, it's literally what the person said that you're quoting; It's not very cost efficient when there are other things that are on the plate. Crown Crate themes, future DLC content, future mounts, pets, housing, monthly player rewards.

Could they do it? Yeah. But it's not efficient with the development cycle that they've been projecting as of late. If you notice, we're seeing less and less of actual polymorphs (based on date) than skins (based on date and number). The fact is, there's a lot that goes into polymorphs. In fact, with the Pay to Lose mounts, if you turn into a skeleton? There's no voice files associated with the polymorph using the mount and thus renders a silent jumping skeleton riding a stick mount. That's just one instance. Another is that you can literally genderbend animations with various polymorphs because they're registered as a male phenotype.

Skins? You literally get none of that hassle. You can pump them out for more money, faster. The only way they'd do it is, again, what the person you're quoting has said; Either they do it as a DLC, or I'll throw you a bone here and say that if there's a sheer overwhelming amount of support for the idea (more than just a simple forum poll as data with them are not conclusive at all)? They'll pop one out. But as it stands, it's a high doubt based on the angle they've been going.
    Edited by FleetwoodSmack on March 31, 2019 10:15PM
    Tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies!
  • L0rdV1ct0r
    L0rdV1ct0r
    ✭✭✭

Correction; There has only been one "ESO" game. Secondly, the other TES games are on completely different engines (this also includes how animations are modeled, rigged, and properly introduced into the game). Making the dragons for Elsweyr they said was a feat because you have to imagine every realistic position in every realistic scenario in which dragons have to be in order to properly model them. They didn't just port them in from Skyrim. Modders are generally hobbyists. Game development is a completely different monster in which there's a little more involved than just rigging models. I'm not saying it can't be done, it's literally what the person said that you're quoting; It's not very cost efficient when there are other things that are on the plate. Crown Crate themes, future DLC content, future mounts, pets, housing, monthly player rewards.

Could they do it? Yeah. But it's not efficient with the development cycle that they've been projecting as of late. If you notice, we're seeing less and less of actual polymorphs (based on date) than skins (based on date and number). The fact is, there's a lot that goes into polymorphs. In fact, with the Pay to Lose mounts, if you turn into a skeleton? There's no voice files associated with the polymorph using the mount and thus renders a silent jumping skeleton riding a stick mount. That's just one instance. Another is that you can literally genderbend animations with various polymorphs because they're registered as a male phenotype.

Skins? You literally get none of that hassle. You can pump them out for more money, faster. The only way they'd do it is, again, what the person you're quoting has said; Either they do it as a DLC, or I'll throw you a bone here and say that if there's a sheer overwhelming amount of support for the idea (more than just a simple forum poll as data with them are not conclusive at all)? They'll pop one out. But as it stands, it's a high doubt based on the angle they've been going.

Yes, i confused and misspelled "TES" with "ESO". But honestly, this is not "how likely is to launch Vampire Lord/wereboar" is "do you wanna"?
    Edited by L0rdV1ct0r on March 31, 2019 10:56PM
  • dazee
    dazee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Only if I can be a Werehouse. Person by day, house under the full moon!
    Playing your character the way your character should play is all that matters. Play as well as you can but never betray the character. Doing so would make playing an mmoRPG pointless.
  • L0rdV1ct0r
    L0rdV1ct0r
    ✭✭✭
    dazee wrote: »
    Only if I can be a Werehouse. Person by day, house under the full moon!

LOL... What skills do you suggest for house form?
  • FleetwoodSmack
    FleetwoodSmack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No to both.

Yes, i confused and misspelled "TES" with "ESO". But honestly, this is not "how likely is to launch Vampire Lord/wereboar" is "do you wanna"?

You misunderstand. While there is an emphasis of doubt of the likeliness it'll happen, those are also reasons why I'm saying no. It doesn't follow trends. It's not efficient for ZoS to do it without a high demand. That's just for polymorphs.

Adding them into a DLC would be better suited, however even that brings in a slew of issues. Let's look at a few of the glaring issues that need to be heavily thought about;
    • Acquirement; Vampire Lord is only given by one strain; Sanguinare Vampiris. It's less common, notoriously hard to cure according to the lore. It was better suited for singleplayer gaming experiences because of how powerful the Volkihar clan was.
    • Lore, which goes into the above bullet. It's stapled a certain way and doesn't really fit to have as everyone and their mother would be a vampire lord (just like everyone and their mother is either a WW or Vampire in ESO already). Why add to that problem for many lorebuffs who're constantly downplaying vampire visual mechanics?
    • Performance in group content; How will they be relevant while not outshadowing the current strains? If they outperform the current strains and have none of the weaknesses (specifically vampirism), then the P2W crowd will skin that argument alive.
    • Performance in Cyrodiil/BGs; How will they impact the current meta and if it's better than the current strains, how would you address the P2W crowd (because they're already calling Skyshards in the Crown Store P2W as well as Necromancer, just like they did with Warden)? Werewolves are currently already messing with the low-ranking MMR matches. They can't combat that, how do you expect them to combat even more issues with the introduction of these new strains/lineages?
    • Balancing issues in general; With the issues of CP, current proc sets and gear, various meta builds, how well do you think introducing more strains and lineages could be implemented? Because off the top of my head I could name at least a couple dozen if not more problem children in this bullet alone. That's why they barely touch vampirisim and werewolf as it is. The last three may seem redundant, but I assure you it's not. Because you have to make gear applicable to these things as well (just like they're doing with Necro, just like they did with vampirism and werewolf already albeit abysmally).

There's just too many reasons why it'd be a hard no for me. If I wanted these things, I'd go back to the singleplayer experience. Or I'd talk to Uncle Sheo.
    Edited by FleetwoodSmack on April 1, 2019 12:45AM
    Tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies!
  • Bealeb319
    Bealeb319
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vampire Lord skin would be cool
  • ZaroktheImmortal
    ZaroktheImmortal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sure, why not. They could do the vampire lord form like werewolf with abilities that only work in form and such to keep it all well balanced maybe add some perks for out of form for werewolf although with vampires these seem to mostly be in with stages and of course weaknesses go up as you go to later stages not sure if that's workable for werewolves though. As for wereboars unless they want to go for a whole new thing with it an easier option could be a reskin on werewolves.
  • Noxavian
    Noxavian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes to Vampire lord(Wereboar should't be added)
    Vampire lord should be added tbh. If they can make bringing back dragons work, they can make the player getting an option to become a vampire lord work. Whether that be by adding in new bloodlines other than the one the game has atm or some other method, it is very much possible.

Those saying that it is impossible due to lore are the same guys that were saying it's impossible to be a necromancer because of the story of the game. IMO anything can be worked in if Zos puts their mind to it and has its make sense.
  • Unij
    Unij
    ✭✭✭
    Sure, why not. They could do the vampire lord form like werewolf with abilities that only work in form and such to keep it all well balanced maybe add some perks for out of form for werewolf although with vampires these seem to mostly be in with stages and of course weaknesses go up as you go to later stages not sure if that's workable for werewolves though. As for wereboars unless they want to go for a whole new thing with it an easier option could be a reskin on werewolves.

I would love to see more different kinds of vampires and werebeasts. For werewolfs zos could add some form of timer since the last time in ww Form. If, lets say, you weren't hunting for 12hours you start to feel hungry and you get some debuff till you transform again to a werewolf, and kill and feed on something.
    Main char is a Strong Nord Man, Thief, Vampire, Healer, Mastercrafter. PC-EU since 2016.
  • Nerouyn
    Nerouyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What I'd like is for were wolf / bear / whatever to be viable for magicka users.

Elites supposedly all scale off our highest stat. Except for werewolf. If werewolf scaled off our highest stat that could significantly improve the game for mag wardens with their measly 4 magicka damage skills.

But sure. Vampire lord might be fun too.
  • L0rdV1ct0r
    L0rdV1ct0r
    ✭✭✭
    Noxavian wrote: »
    Vampire lord should be added tbh. If they can make bringing back dragons work, they can make the player getting an option to become a vampire lord work. Whether that be by adding in new bloodlines other than the one the game has atm or some other method, it is very much possible.

Those saying that it is impossible due to lore are the same guys that were saying it's impossible to be a necromancer because of the story of the game. IMO anything can be worked in if Zos puts their mind to it and has its make sense.

Yes, and being honest, dragons in 2nd era makes no sense in a ES lore perspective.
  • Slimebrow
    Slimebrow
    ✭✭✭
    Yes to Wereboar(vampire lord should't be added)
    Isn't vampire lord supposed to be a rare "gift"? Do you really want everyone to have access to this? why?