The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

How magcro should be played right now [vid]

lnigo
lnigo
✭✭✭
If you were struggling out there as a magicka necromancer, I have some insight here for you. Unfortunately, this is the only way to play it right now to be on par with at least some of the meta builds out there. Otherwise, if you had an inferno staff using blastbones, destro reach, and skulls you won't break those sorc shields at least on good players.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BLBe_SgO7g&t=1s
  • MaxJrFTW
    MaxJrFTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Get that space bar ready boys and girls. Apparently the only way to play the class is to hop your way across the vastness of Cyrodiil.

Hippity, Hoppity, that's how you play a necromancer properly!

"I don't know you, and I don't care to know you."
    ―Ulrich Leland, 3E 433
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wtf, no pirate? Get outta here.

You obviously go necro crafty pirate - it's the only build I've seen for mag necro!
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • lnigo
    lnigo
    ✭✭✭
    I mean, yea you can use pirate skeleton if you really wanted to. I prefer what I use though. And the hippity hoppity comment is awesome, thank you for your feedback.
  • Trinity_Is_My_Name
    Trinity_Is_My_Name
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty sweet setup! Thanks for sharing! I'm still figuring the Necros out myself.
  • lnigo
    lnigo
    ✭✭✭
    I'm glad you like it, and I hope it works for you. Good luck out there
  • Insco851
    Insco851
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This was one of the early theory crafted setups. If the self synergy was more reliant- I might bother.
  • stamcro
    stamcro
    ✭✭✭
    More negative forum replies please. Smh.

Good build op and the first one I’ve seen that utilizes harmony. Looks fun
  • Insco851
    Insco851
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    stamcro wrote: »
    More negative forum replies please. Smh.

Good build op and the first one I’ve seen that utilizes harmony. Looks fun

Synergy cooldown is pretty significant and pretty hit or miss on console unfortunately. Sometimes it shows up 2-3 seconds late.
  • Thraben
    Thraben
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually every good PvP MagNecro group build uses harmony - the true problem is not the lack of reliability of the self- synergy, but of blastbones. A pair of synergy bots (among those one Necro) can replace the usual Nova strike.

A small hint: the synergy is more responsive at its outer radius, so the graveyard should be applied from a distance of maybe 15m, shortly before melee contact, and then immediately synergized.

Also, this whole tactic does work on StamNecro, too, due to the calculation of synergies - it is essentially a free dawnbreaker.
    Edited by Thraben on July 3, 2019 11:52PM
    Hauptmann der Dolche des Königs

DDK ist die letzte Verteidigungslinie des Dolchsturz- Bündnisses auf der 30-Tage-No-CP- Kampagne(EU) mit dem Anspruch, in kleinen, anfängerfreundlichen Raid-Gruppen möglichst epische Schlachten auszufechten.

DDK is the Daggerfall Covenant´s last line of defense on the 30 days no-cp campaign (EU). We intend to fight epic battles in small, casual player friendly raid groups.
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s an interesting build and I like the idea behind using this Synergy + Colossus but there’s exactly where I see problems.

Three Harmony pieces just for an unreliable Synergy with a 20s CD and on top of that you even might need your Ultimate up to succeed against good players.

I might try this in the future with a set dedicated to using Synergies just to check out how that works but I’m a bit sceptical if it’s really worth it.

Thanks for sharing!
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • Neloth
    Neloth
    ✭✭✭✭
    This 1min cooldown combo also doesn’t break through sorc shields, what is proved by our experience at Alessia tonight

Bring something more interesting
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Problem is, it's impossible to reliably land the synergy against decent players in BGs. Between how finnicky it can be with the activation area, and how mobile a lot of people are, it's too much of a dice roll. And if your burst attempt doesn't work, it's a 20 second delay before you can try again.

If the current 5.1 changes on PTS go through mostly as they are now, Magicka Necromancer should get a pretty solid boost to their offense...primarily through the use of "generic" Magikca DOTs (though the newly improved Skeletal Mage might also be worth it now). Are they going to truly be on an even playing field with a similar build being run by Nightblades, Wardens, etc...? I sort of doubt it, but maybe they won't be the same level of garbage that they are now.
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    wheem_ESO wrote: »
    Problem is, it's impossible to reliably land the synergy against decent players in BGs. Between how finnicky it can be with the activation area, and how mobile a lot of people are, it's too much of a dice roll. And if your burst attempt doesn't work, it's a 20 second delay before you can try again.

If the current 5.1 changes on PTS go through mostly as they are now, Magicka Necromancer should get a pretty solid boost to their offense...primarily through the use of "generic" Magikca DOTs (though the newly improved Skeletal Mage might also be worth it now). Are they going to truly be on an even playing field with a similar build being run by Nightblades, Wardens, etc...? I sort of doubt it, but maybe they won't be the same level of garbage that they are now.

Skeletal mage "looks" fun, but my problem is that it cannot focus a target. It needs to target who you heavy attack.

Necros will definitely need to build enough heal over time to sustain spamming Hexproof next patch. Those DoT stacks are going to be everywhere.