The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Crap talking in PVP

• msalvia
    msalvia
    ✭✭✭✭
    A lot of pvpers seem to define their sense of self by this game. It's why getting emperor requires you to live in cyro for a month (rip anyone with a job). Anything we dedicate that much time to gains an outsized importance, which then causes people to have meltdowns over dying in pvp. Well-adjusted people just rez and keep going. Poorly-adjusted people rage whisper.

It has nothing to do with competition. Sportsmanship exists, after all, and even REAL athletes who REALLY dedicate themselves to a sport can manage to compete without being turds. And most (also competitive) pvpers are rational humans who don't do this crap.

Let's stop rationalizing this baby crap and call it what it is.
  • MaxJrFTW
    MaxJrFTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ATomiX96 wrote: »
    MaxJrFTW wrote: »
    Just teabagged a few nerds after packing them up this morning. One of them was magblade using Zaan and Caluurion, absolutely disgusting. Ran into a 2 man pre-made in bgs twice in a row, and twice in a row they finished dead last. The fools were running xv1 builds are were zerging people like it was Cyrodiil. I made sure to send one of them a tell to let them know how bad they were. Unfortunately my efforts were for naught, as i didn't get any replies back. Disappointing to say the least.

On a related note, i once got a "stop dodge rolling f****t" whisper because i was using full well-fitted impreg and was rightfully rolling a lot. Recently got a "why are you running b***c" from an upset magsorc because i didn't foolishly attempt to 1v1 him on his broken class. I won that bg, btw. I was also playing a magsorc...LUL

Trash talking and competition go hand in hand. It's natural human behavior.

do you want a medal or something?

I wouldn't complain.
    "I don't know you, and I don't care to know you."
    ―Ulrich Leland, 3E 433
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »
    Whisper and zone chat PvP is the real end game.

You know you've made it when someone calls you a jew and continues to spew insults for the next 15 minutes
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    HHahahahaha "he called the shhhhh poop!!!""""
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    T-bagging 2019.

352feh.jpg
    August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber
  • Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ChunkyCat wrote: »
    Well adjusted people don’t spend hours, upon hours, upon hours trying to “dominate” other people in a video game.

My counterpoint would be that the point of PvP is to be competitive. Otherwise..

https://youtu.be/vlv6BrrxD_4

That being said I think there is a line when you follow around particular players for extended periods and just harass them specifically, irrespective of what is going on... And I'm not talking like one timers where you follow on a particular fight, I mean like actively look for that player continuously and just specifically attack them.

(For just one example...) I once had a mag sorc who would not let off me and followed me from the keep through DC gates all the way up to our base camps. I am used to this *** happening to me, I noticed his persistence for a long while around the yard of the outer, through fights, at resources, basically wherever I was, he was right there trying to get a jump on me. Didn't matter what was happening around us, didn't matter if he was being attacked by someone else, didn't matter if he was out outnumbered. So I lured him way way out (get him nice and alone and feeling confident, and just to see how far he'd go, gave him lots of opportunity to go back to the fight, to shrug off his misfortune of crossing my path) and when I hit the wall at the camps, I dropped an invis pot, hotswapped to instagib snipe and 2 shot him while he was trolling around the tower door with his *** in his hands.

Lost his mind. Text wall of hate tells. Seemed to be under the impression I was running away, and not hunting his ass into the ground.

That's what you get when you stalk someone. My advice to these types of players is, dial it back, because sooner or later, you will get played.
    jaime1982 wrote: »
    Had a guy tell me he was tracking my ip address so he can come cut my break lines. And it would be such a shame If something happened to one of my family members.

He said I'd know it was him lol. I have screen shots of it. I'll see if I can post em lmao.

That *** is psychotic and that guy seriously needs to put down his game because he is sick.

Edited by Cathexis on July 8, 2019 4:19PM
    The Tomb of FPS Alteration Magic - Everything You Need to Know About FPS
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/520903/tomb-of-fps-alteration-magic-everything-you-need-to-know-about-fps
    Praise Malacath.
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jaime1982 wrote: »
    Had a guy tell me he was tracking my ip address so he can come cut my break lines. And it would be such a shame If something happened to one of my family members.

He said I'd know it was him lol. I have screen shots of it. I'll see if I can post em lmao.

depending where u live, u could submit it to the local authority and get that *** reported.

dude need to get a life.

on a different note, getting a particular player's IP address in an MMO would be... quite a feat.... (unless u work for ZOS?)

so don't sweat it too much.
    August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber
  • WeylandLabs
    WeylandLabs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can say this on your faction, you either die a hero and quit the game. Or live long enough to become the enemy of your faction and be the most blocked / hated player on it.

💯% Realness