The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Crap talking in PVP

Gorilla
Gorilla
✭✭✭

I started up in ESO PVP about a year ago and have been surprised -- a little -- at the amount of crap talking between factions. But, its PVP and that's too be expected.

What has really surprised me is when people fly off the handle and text or message insults due to their frustration or inadequacy.

I have even seen good players attack players who not kill them but were able to kite or otherwise draw them into conflict.

So, in the nature of telling tales, what's the most ridiculous comment you've gotten from an opposing player (or, if you want to be optimistic, the nicest):

The worst I've gotten involved a great deal of *** references and an overall criticism of skill because of Calurions-based ganking. So, I responded as any NB should. I continued to gank him.

• ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well adjusted people don’t spend hours, upon hours, upon hours trying to “dominate” other people in a video game.
    Edited by ChunkyCat on July 4, 2019 2:59AM
  • Metemsycosis
    Metemsycosis
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ive had a lot of kysirllmao
    When as a ganker i ganked till i could gank no more
    Terethea Magdalena, Breton Nightblade
    A Dark-Adapted Eye, Imperial Necromancer

sanguinare vampiris

https://m.twitch.tv/amcrenshaw/profile
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gorilla wrote: »
    I started up in ESO PVP about a year ago and have been surprised -- a little -- at the amount of crap talking between factions. But, its PVP and that's too be expected.

What has really surprised me is when people fly off the handle and text or message insults due to their frustration or inadequacy.

I have even seen good players attack players who not kill them but were able to kite or otherwise draw them into conflict.

So, in the nature of telling tales, what's the most ridiculous comment you've gotten from an opposing player (or, if you want to be optimistic, the nicest):

The worst I've gotten involved a great deal of *** references and an overall criticism of skill because of Calurions-based ganking. So, I responded as any NB should. I continued to gank him.

Yeah I've had to put quite a few people on ignore because they kept sending me hate whispers. I suggest you do the same. Just ignore them and forget them. Works like a charm.
    Edited by Jeremy on July 4, 2019 7:25AM
  • jaime1982
    jaime1982
    ✭✭✭✭
    Had a guy tell me he was tracking my ip address so he can come cut my break lines. And it would be such a shame If something happened to one of my family members.

He said I'd know it was him lol. I have screen shots of it. I'll see if I can post em lmao.
  • GhostofDatthaw
    GhostofDatthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The best one I got was when I first started playing. I was in BwB (the old lowbie cyro) leveling my second toon, I was a total scrub. I kill some guy and boy "you f'in macro user, you no talent hacking scrub cheater, etc etc"

I didn't even know macros existed at the time so I pm him back
    "Who needs macros when there is on like 5 buttons?"
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, in the nature of telling tales, what's the most ridiculous comment you've gotten from an opposing player (or, if you want to be optimistic, the nicest)
    This one time @Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO said I did good with something. Not sure if it's the most ridiculous comment I've got or the nicest. :tongue:
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Vermethys
    Vermethys
    ✭✭✭✭
    I hardly get any whispers, probably because I'm usually set to Offline without noticing, but teabags are plenty in Open World PvP. Though a few days ago I got into a duel in No-CP Cyrodiil against a DC Stamden while I was playing mine, and the fight lasted pretty long until we both sheathed our swords; they whispered "We're both too tanky, good fight" and we parted ways with a "Bye" and a "Cheers." It was a random fun experience that left me with a smile, before returning to teabag-land.
    Edited by Vermethys on July 4, 2019 12:48PM
    PC EU CP1400+
    In-game Username: Vermilion98

Characters & Builds
    Edith Geonette [DC Imperial Sorcerer] (AR28)
    Gorgo Aendovius [AD Imperial Dragonknight] (AR28)

My Builds:
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I never Tbag or send salty tear tells, but I have to admit I find them hilarious. People getting so bent out of shape over a video game always makes me smile.

Usually the ones I get are about being in a premade in BGs, even though I solo queue.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whisper and zone chat PvP is the real end game.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Vietfox
    Vietfox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I don't remember any particular hate whisper. They usually come up with average insults and i totally love to receive them, the angrier they get the more i enjoy it.
  • MaxJrFTW
    MaxJrFTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just teabagged a few nerds after packing them up this morning. One of them was magblade using Zaan and Caluurion, absolutely disgusting. Ran into a 2 man pre-made in bgs twice in a row, and twice in a row they finished dead last. The fools were running xv1 builds are were zerging people like it was Cyrodiil. I made sure to send one of them a tell to let them know how bad they were. Unfortunately my efforts were for naught, as i didn't get any replies back. Disappointing to say the least.

On a related note, i once got a "stop dodge rolling f****t" whisper because i was using full well-fitted impreg and was rightfully rolling a lot. Recently got a "why are you running b***c" from an upset magsorc because i didn't foolishly attempt to 1v1 him on his broken class. I won that bg, btw. I was also playing a magsorc...LUL

Trash talking and competition go hand in hand. It's natural human behavior.
    "I don't know you, and I don't care to know you."
    ―Ulrich Leland, 3E 433
  • Noctus
    Noctus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://imgur.com/a/koVzpyE

here is a collection of some. i got more but i dont screenshot everybody that i run over. the ones i personally screenshotted are all from bg. in cyrodiil there are more toxic people..... faaaar more.
    have fun reading the screenshots
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol "crap talking" makes it sound ridiculous. Silly garbage mouth people.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    just set self to offline, smaktalk disappears.
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    MaxJrFTW wrote: »
    Just teabagged a few nerds after packing them up this morning. One of them was magblade using Zaan and Caluurion, absolutely disgusting. Ran into a 2 man pre-made in bgs twice in a row, and twice in a row they finished dead last. The fools were running xv1 builds are were zerging people like it was Cyrodiil. I made sure to send one of them a tell to let them know how bad they were. Unfortunately my efforts were for naught, as i didn't get any replies back. Disappointing to say the least.

On a related note, i once got a "stop dodge rolling f****t" whisper because i was using full well-fitted impreg and was rightfully rolling a lot. Recently got a "why are you running b***c" from an upset magsorc because i didn't foolishly attempt to 1v1 him on his broken class. I won that bg, btw. I was also playing a magsorc...LUL

Wow. Thank goodness you told them!

Sad to hear you didn't get a response back though.

It's so frustrating to go the rest of your day without knowing whether or not you ruined someone else's.
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I actually got someone else's hate whisper, they missed and sent it to me instead. I was utterly baffled and just flat asked them what the hell they were talking about, and they asked me if I was the nightblade. Nope, I was the sorc. "Oops," they said, "my bad." Um...no? Your bad was sending a hate whisper in the first place. Sending it to the wrong person was just embarrassing, not bad. Anyway I have decided that from now on any time someone decides to send me a hate whisper for any reason I will simply type the lyrics to Baby Shark at them. If it gets stuck in their head, they asked for it.
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minyassa wrote: »
    I actually got someone else's hate whisper, they missed and sent it to me instead. I was utterly baffled and just flat asked them what the hell they were talking about, and they asked me if I was the nightblade. Nope, I was the sorc. "Oops," they said, "my bad." Um...no? Your bad was sending a hate whisper in the first place. Sending it to the wrong person was just embarrassing, not bad. Anyway I have decided that from now on any time someone decides to send me a hate whisper for any reason I will simply type the lyrics to Baby Shark at them. If it gets stuck in their head, they asked for it.

T o x ic
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minyassa wrote: »

Dammit, now it’s stick in my head just from reading this!!
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Simpler would be just to reply L2P. Even better if that sends them on a rant.
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Less than a week into Elswyr, I took my stamcro in to Cyrodiil for the first time. On my way to a keep alone I got jumped by a zoo magsorc. Managed to kite around a rock for a while but without vigor felt like I was delaying the inevitable so I made a move. Almost burst him down before he got me. If only I knew about goliath bash then, could have returned some cheese.

Shortly after, I went to take a resource. same magsorc tried to get me while I was fighting the NPCs. Had more of a speed build so ran in tower, circled around, and ran off and away. Got a whisper of "Run Forest Run! Fing potato. " killed him later that night and tried to whisper "Maybe you should have ran, Forest." But he must have blocked me before as it just didn't send
  • ATomiX96
    ATomiX96
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MaxJrFTW wrote: »

do you want a medal or something?
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Most positive was while dead in the courtyard, I got whispered: "Honor emote, not salt :)"

How I picture the hilarious fury on the other side of the screen when I get tells:
    tenor.gif

Fear is the Mindkiller
  • The Uninvited
    The Uninvited
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The first hate whisper I ever got was when I killed a tank troll after quite a long fight. I was just going to say "good fight" when he whispered me first with a "You noob, I f*ck you in a 1v1".

Excuse me, you're the one that's dead here... :D
    Pandora's Promise (rip) | LND | Pactriotic | IKnowWhatUDidLastWinter's | The Uninvited |

Ride the paranoia | All life is pain | Only the grave is real
  • Vietfox
    Vietfox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The first hate whisper I ever got was when I killed a tank troll after quite a long fight. I was just going to say "good fight" when he whispered me first with a "You noob, I f*ck you in a 1v1".

You should have said "i'm not that easy, invite me to dinner or something"
  • eol
    eol
    ✭✭✭
    I played DAoC in which players would often bow to defeated enemies to show respect. I don't think hate tells were possible in DAoC (no cross-realm communication iirc), but even if those tells had been allowed, I don't think there would have been many.

But wow how times have changed. Now people don't bow, they t-bag. Salty tells are everywhere. I simply don't respond, and that usually diminishes them greatly because the trolls that do that thrive on getting under your skin. Behavior has really degraded since WoW made that stuff common (I was shocked at the toxicity of Barren's chat when I finally rolled a horde player; the other side seemed better behaved, but still a lot worse than DAoC.

Anyway, the ones that make me laugh are the ones that criticize you for using certain skills. "You used Soul Assault! Had to use cheese to beat me!" blah blah blah. But of course it's not cheese if you create builds that run around trees forever, that of course is the height of realism! 'Oh but it's skillful!' I guess by that token so is playing with one hand and masturbating with the other, but I am not sure either one is something to be proud of, LOL.
  • Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The best one I got was when I first started playing. I was in BwB (the old lowbie cyro) leveling my second toon, I was a total scrub. I kill some guy and boy "you f'in macro user, you no talent hacking scrub cheater, etc etc"

"I was a total scrub".
    Why the past tense?
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
  • Sephyr
    Sephyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Vietfox wrote: »

I usually reply with that I'm not that desperate and that this isn't Grindr. The salt is amazing.
  • The Uninvited
    The Uninvited
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Nowadays, I have my comeback ready. Back then I was just baffled because I was about to compliment him on the fight.
    Pandora's Promise (rip) | LND | Pactriotic | IKnowWhatUDidLastWinter's | The Uninvited |

Ride the paranoia | All life is pain | Only the grave is real
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Nowadays, I have my comeback ready. Back then I was just baffled because I was about to compliment him on the fight.

Complements would probably drive them crazy, I’ll try that;

‘HaXs ChEaTr!!!!!!!!’
    - ‘Thank you kind sir

‘RePeRtEd FeR HaX’
    - ‘You sure are a scholar and a gentleman

‘HaX!!!!!!’
    - I can tell from your comportment you are someone special, 20 years from now I’m expecting you’ll accomplish something special in life like a cure for cancer
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • GhostofDatthaw
    GhostofDatthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stridig wrote: »

"I was a total scrub".
    Why the past tense?

Lol I'm not a total scrub anymore. Just a regular scrub. At least now I know what went wrong when I die