Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

This game has way too much stupid "Fall Damage"

• Sergykid
    Sergykid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    looking at a keep wall i suppose it has 8-10 meters height. Try to jump that distance without getting hurt. Fall damage is realistic and is welcome. Point of thread? t/c
    -PC EU- / battlegrounds on my youtube
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sergykid wrote: »
    looking at a keep wall i suppose it has 8-10 meters height. Try to jump that distance without getting hurt. Fall damage is realistic and is welcome. Point of thread? t/c

Jumping off a keep wall and taking fall damage is ok.

Taking fall damage while going down a flight of stairs however is a different matter. That's not at all realistic and certainly isn't welcomed - at least not by me. It's stupid. Nor do you have to fall 8-10 meters to take fall damage on this game.

And that is the point of thread.
    Edited by Jeremy on July 6, 2019 3:56PM
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jeremy wrote: »
    Thogard wrote: »
    I can’t think of a greater example of a learn to play problem than this one.

And I can't think of a greater example of a none productive response than this one.

When your character takes "fall damage" going down a flight of stairs... sorry, that' s not a "learn to play" problem. I literally have to turn my character around backwards and moonwalk down the stairs to avoid taking damage. That's just dumb. I don't care if you're greatest player in the world. It's still dumb.

My mama told me that if I run down the stairs then I’m gonna fall and hurt myself.

Lowkey though try dodge rolling at the top of the flight of stairs so your momentum doesn’t carry you off the lip of the flight.

Just my character's regular speed causes it to happen. I don't have to be running/sprinting. And dodge rolling eats up way too much stamina for that to be an effective solution. I need every ounce of stamina I have to break the endless spam of CC on this game. So I can't afford to be burning it every time I want to go down a flight of stairs.

The better solution would be to just ease up on the fall damage on this game. Your character should be able to fall a couple of feet without hurting himself. Hell, even I can do that - and I don't defeat Daedric Gods on a regular basis. It's just silly.

well maybe if you were fast enough IRL to defeat daedric gods, and running around at that speed 100% of the time you were moving, you might end up falling and hurting yourself too.

Nah. Any character capable of destroying Daedric Gods should be able to go down a flight of stairs without hurting themselves. There are some things that are just too ridiculous to rationalize away. This is one of those things.

Yeah cause you wouldn’t run down the stairs at Mach 5, which is what’s causing the fall dmg. If you were in a dead run or a sprint, and you were coming up on stairs, you’d slow down.

You’d walk down the stairs like an adult.

But you aren’t using walk speed now are you?

Checkmate.

As I have already told you twice now, I take damage going down the stairs normally without sprinting. It has nothing to do with whether or not someone is an adult....and the only way for me to avoid taking damage going down the stairs is for me to literally turn around backwards and moon walk down them.

We're also not playing chess. But if we were, the supposed "checkmate" would be on your end. Because what's causing the damage is the ridiculously small threshold for fall damage in this game. It needs to be broadened substantially. Whether or not someone is an adult or sprinting has absolutely nothing to do with this.

You’re walking down the stairs? I don’t think so buddy.

Use toggle walk and walk down the stairs.

Ez fix.

Checkmate.

Yeah that's EZ fix alright Thogard. Let's toggle into slow walk during a battleground to go down the stairs while blood thirsty players are chasing you.

If you think that's "checkmate" you obviously don't bg much. That or you just enjoy death - because I've never seen anyone ever in my entire existence of playing this game use the walk toggle during PvP.... and for good reason. Because it's suicide. But I guess according to you no adults actually play this game. We must all be children since adults know better and toggle into walk to use the stairs...

Just admit it's silly that the fall damage threshold on this game is so small players can even take damage while going down a flight of stairs and stop trying to play chess with me.

Oh I never toggle walk on because I’m not clumsy enough in game to die to fall dmg going down stairs. Plenty of adults play this game. They know how to run down stairs just fine without taking fall dmg.

It’s more the kids that run down stairs and get hurt.

And I guess really really drunk adults too.

Or maybe really really old people.

You should look into LifeAlert

“Help! I’ve fallen and I can’t get up!”
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can’t think of a greater example of a learn to play problem than this one.

And I can't think of a greater example of a none productive response than this one.

When your character takes "fall damage" going down a flight of stairs... sorry, that' s not a "learn to play" problem. I literally have to turn my character around backwards and moonwalk down the stairs to avoid taking damage. That's just dumb. I don't care if you're greatest player in the world. It's still dumb.

My mama told me that if I run down the stairs then I’m gonna fall and hurt myself.

Lowkey though try dodge rolling at the top of the flight of stairs so your momentum doesn’t carry you off the lip of the flight.

Just my character's regular speed causes it to happen. I don't have to be running/sprinting. And dodge rolling eats up way too much stamina for that to be an effective solution. I need every ounce of stamina I have to break the endless spam of CC on this game. So I can't afford to be burning it every time I want to go down a flight of stairs.

The better solution would be to just ease up on the fall damage on this game. Your character should be able to fall a couple of feet without hurting himself. Hell, even I can do that - and I don't defeat Daedric Gods on a regular basis. It's just silly.

well maybe if you were fast enough IRL to defeat daedric gods, and running around at that speed 100% of the time you were moving, you might end up falling and hurting yourself too.

Nah. Any character capable of destroying Daedric Gods should be able to go down a flight of stairs without hurting themselves. There are some things that are just too ridiculous to rationalize away. This is one of those things.

Yeah cause you wouldn’t run down the stairs at Mach 5, which is what’s causing the fall dmg. If you were in a dead run or a sprint, and you were coming up on stairs, you’d slow down.

You’d walk down the stairs like an adult.

But you aren’t using walk speed now are you?

Checkmate.

As I have already told you twice now, I take damage going down the stairs normally without sprinting. It has nothing to do with whether or not someone is an adult....and the only way for me to avoid taking damage going down the stairs is for me to literally turn around backwards and moon walk down them.

We're also not playing chess. But if we were, the supposed "checkmate" would be on your end. Because what's causing the damage is the ridiculously small threshold for fall damage in this game. It needs to be broadened substantially. Whether or not someone is an adult or sprinting has absolutely nothing to do with this.

You’re walking down the stairs? I don’t think so buddy.

Use toggle walk and walk down the stairs.

Ez fix.

Checkmate.

Yeah that's EZ fix alright Thogard. Let's toggle into slow walk during a battleground to go down the stairs while blood thirsty players are chasing you.

If you think that's "checkmate" you obviously don't bg much. That or you just enjoy death - because I've never seen anyone ever in my entire existence of playing this game use the walk toggle during PvP.... and for good reason. Because it's suicide. But I guess according to you no adults actually play this game. We must all be children since adults know better and toggle into walk to use the stairs...

Just admit it's silly that the fall damage threshold on this game is so small players can even take damage while going down a flight of stairs and stop trying to play chess with me.

Oh I never toggle walk on because I’m not clumsy enough in game to die to fall dmg going down stairs. Plenty of adults play this game. They know how to run down stairs just fine without taking fall dmg.

It’s more the kids that run down stairs and get hurt.

And I guess really really drunk adults too.

Or maybe really really old people.

You should look into LifeAlert

“Help! I’ve fallen and I can’t get up!”

I've already told you that I know a way go down the stairs without taking damage. But it requires me to turn around backwards and moonwalk...

Which is stupid. Because I shouldn't have to do that in order to go down a flight of stairs without taking damage. That is the point of this thread.

So instead of trying to insult me constantly you may want to try reading what I actually type. Because you are suggesting I'm too clumsy, young, old, or drunk to figure out how to go down a pair of stairs without hurting myself after I have already told you on several occasions that I do know a way to go down a pair of stairs without hurting myself. So your mockery literally make no sense.

And on another forum don't worry - I'd be giving you the flame war you seem to want so badly with me. But I guess on this one I"ll just have to suck it up and be your virtual pinata. So continue to have fun comparing me to life alert commercials. :) Just know it's easy to mock someone when they aren't allowed to mock you back. Because unfortunately for me, it's not considered productive when I do it. So count yourself lucky.
    Edited by Jeremy on July 7, 2019 8:47PM
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As the title suggest, this game and its "Fall Damage" is very dumb. I can't even go down a flight of stairs in some Battlegrounds without taking "Fall Damage". Just get rid of it - especially in battlegrounds. There is enough damage flying all over the place without having to worry about taking damage every time my character (who apparently has legs made of brittle) has to hop down off some platform to escape a pack of blood thirsty players. Just remove it. It's very stupid.

Nope its a out the right level. Else.the game would be ridiculous. It's an MMORPG.

Besides you can mitigate most of it by dragging the cliff etc
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »
    As the title suggest, this game and its "Fall Damage" is very dumb. I can't even go down a flight of stairs in some Battlegrounds without taking "Fall Damage". Just get rid of it - especially in battlegrounds. There is enough damage flying all over the place without having to worry about taking damage every time my character (who apparently has legs made of brittle) has to hop down off some platform to escape a pack of blood thirsty players. Just remove it. It's very stupid.

Nope its a out the right level. Else.the game would be ridiculous. It's an MMORPG.

Besides you can mitigate most of it by dragging the cliff etc

We disagree. It's not the right level. What's ridiculous is taking fall damage going down a flight of stairs. The threshold is too small currently. Falling off of cliffs - ok, that should hurt you. Falling a few inches shouldn't. Try playing the game with swift jewelry and the Steed mundus. You will literally take damage almost anytime you traverse across uneven ground. Even going down stairs can hurt you. It's just silly.
    Edited by Jeremy on July 7, 2019 9:05PM